Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Jul 4, 17 8:16 AM
After having the original problem I posted about where I was blocked in one of the HOS, I started over with a new profile. This time I got stuck even sooner - the bubble/ sword game froze on me after I failed the first time I played. I was finally able to restart the game, but it was greyed out. When I finished the game, the underwater scene was also greyed out. I was able to play the HOS underwater, but the rest of the scene is not responding. Again, I am blocked from moving forward.

Two tries is enough. I'm giving up on this game.

Playing on Mac Sierra 10.12.5

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 8:20:31 AM PST

Game freezes at cart scene

[Post New]by jesuitwitch on Jul 5, 17 12:48 PM
I made it to the scene in the cart. Can't escape the cart. A window appears that I can't close. Within the window, clicking does nothing.Contacted Support and was told to follow instructions in BF Help. I think there's something wrong with the game.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by julcra on Jul 5, 17 3:39 PM
Having the same issue as others, not being able to proceed past the witch's rune book. Also have a wide white band at the top of the screen... Playing on a MacBook running MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

[Post New]by vbfljagsfan on Jul 7, 17 4:24 AM
Why aren't they coming out with an update or at least post something to say they are working on it. Ridiculous to spend your money on a game and not be able to play it.

[Post New]by Songofsummer on Jul 7, 17 9:47 AM
MacBookPro 2016 OS10.12.5

I have managed to play this game through, it crashed several times and I also got some clicking sounds, but I was able to restart and finish the game. Great, you may think, what's the problem? Well, after I changed my profile to play again, I couldn't, like many others on this site, get past the bubble and dagger game. This meant that the game was unplayable. I downloaded the game again from BigFish, deleted the offending profile and created a new one. However, the game would only open on the dark undersea screen that I had left with the old profile. There is something wrong with this game on Mac's, and it is not fair to take money for it and it not work. If a patch is not available for this game, I would like a refund. It is not fit for purpose.

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jul 10, 17 5:27 PM
Vendel's games never work properly on any Mac running any OS. And they never bother to fix the issues. I had multiple problems with this game, culminating in a crash during the demo, whereupon I gave up.

Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire CE also crashed on me, and the extremely long error message that popped up included multiple references to a completely different game, Love Chronicles: Beyond the Shadows, which strongly suggests that Vendel is reusing buggy images, renders, and programming to create new games that also crash and/or are full of bugs.

No update for the Mac version of A Test of Fire was ever offered, and more than a year has passed, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the bugs in this game to be fixed. Frankly, BFG should drop Vendel altogether.

[Post New]by queenobscure on Jul 10, 17 10:29 PM
I keep losing the silver key. The one to free blue flames. I have reinstalled this game 6 times. It keeps happing. For 13.99..I want refund. Or have it fixed.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 11, 17 2:30 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm sorry your games aren't working and really want to get this fixed.

When Mac games freeze or don't run properly, the best first troubleshooting step to take is to update several important software programs. The help page below will explain more about which programs should be updated and how to do that.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If those steps don't help, please contact our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to investigate the matter further. Also, while the Moderation Team doesn't have access to information about if and when games will be updated to fix glitches, we will always post announcements about that in this forum.

Thanks for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator if more questions or concerns arise.

bfgBeruna

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jul 14, 17 8:55 PM
Game quit twice during game play. And now, same as nearly everyone else. Stuck between witch and runes. Game will not advance.
Running MAC 10.12.5
Software is most definitely updated. I suggest that this is NOT a MAC software problem, but a bug problem. Rather irritating.

[Post New]by TonyDownUnder on Jul 18, 17 7:01 PM
Agree entirely with LunaNik. Have reinstalled this game and Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire CE. Neither will run properly on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5.

Of concern is that the game folders do reference other Vendel Games. I have no doubt that bug ridden code is being reused and recycled through subsequent games. Given that there is NEVER a bug fix offered, I urge BFG to bring these concerns to the attention of the developers.

[Post New]by azmilitarymom on Jul 24, 17 4:21 PM
I'm using an HP desktop with Windows 10. I got the bag of jems, but I cannot get back to the witches house and I do not have a map! The map is completely blank.

[Post New]by EveDee on Jul 25, 17 3:02 PM
There is definitely a problem with this game. Hopefully, you will contact producer for bug fixes. Almost all are with the Mac platform, but I did see a Windows user in the group. I experienced the same issue as the other Mac users. I bought this game when it first came out and just got around to playing today. That was a while ago and no solution yet. I deleted and downloaded with no improvement. This is a vendor problem . and I think you should be talking with them. Unhappy.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 25, 17 3:42 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and bringing these concerns to our attention. I definitely understand wanting a fix for these issues. So while the Moderation Team doesn't have input on changes made to the game and cannot guarantee if and when an update will be provided, I'll definitely ensure this information is passed along to the appropriate teams. We're always committed to advocating for our players.

I want to provide some brief troubleshooting suggestions, too, in case they haven't already been tried.

We recommend that Mac users whose games freeze or crash update several important pieces of software. Further instructions can be found in the help page below.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For PC users whose games crash or won't progress, we recommend checking that the video card driver is up to date and running the game with administrator permissions. These instructions can be found in the help pages below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll have the resources to provide further help.

Thanks for your patience. Please PM me or another active moderator if further questions or concerns come up.

bfgBeruna

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Jul 31, 17 3:01 AM
I am unable to start the game over with a new profile. I have tried multiple times and it keeps taking back to where I exited. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by spodieodie on Aug 21, 17 5:08 PM
I am having the exact same problem. I can't start the game over with a new profile. Anyone able to help?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 21, 17 6:50 PM
@Sandhya1
If you mean that you deleted original profile and then started another one, then try using a different name to the one you used for the first profile.
I had this once in a different game, where I had deleted a game profile and then used the same name that I had before, as a result it kept taking me back to the old profile because it could 'remember' the name.
If you are really set on using the same name then-
delete original profile,
make new profile with new name and save,
delete new profile with new name,
create another new profile with the original name that you wanted to use.
As long as you save one new profile with a different name, before deleting and making another with original name than the game will be able to 'forget' you original name and let you start over from beginning of game with it.

Edited on 08/21/2017 at 6:51:13 PM PST

[Post New]by spodieodie on Aug 22, 17 1:34 PM
Thanks for this tip but it didn't work. I have reinstalled the game twice and have used several ne names ~ still stuck in the same spot in the game.

[Post New]by LauraUnit on Aug 26, 17 1:12 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed or addressed. I bought this game ages ago and still can't play it!

[Post New]by ioanaadriana83 on Feb 9, 18 7:54 AM
For Sorceror level the last puzzle has a bug. Every time I defeat Phobos the game returns to start. If there are no more Phobos left of the boards it should take towards the end of the game. But this is not happening. And since the skip option is disabled for this level I'm basically stuck at that.

Go to: