New Castle Challange

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

New Castle Challange

[Post New]by gtminer on Jul 3, 17 7:59 PM
MysteriousMoods wrote:
Howdah wrote:Wow!!! It's going to be hard. Usually they give you a few days after the challenge ends so if you are behind you can catch up. This time we have to finish it on the last day the task opens. I'm going to try but don't expect to get them all. Too bad. I think that gingerbread rabbit is really cute. Are these pets or avatars?

It does look hard but I think we could probably do it, I sure hope we can there will a lot of unhappy people.

The challenge must be completed by the last day before the reset. You could, in theory, do them all on the last day, and so long as you completed them before reset, you would have successfully completed it. The nice thing about this is some of the tougher ones can take 2 or 3 or more days to complete, catching up on the easier ones.

retired94
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:New Castle Challange

[Post New]by retired94 on Jul 3, 17 8:39 PM
I agree. We each are entitled to our opinions. I don't particularly like the aviators but there have been others that haven't impressed me either. I just don't use them. I hope to finally get "Master of Disguise." Seems I've needed one forever. I'll start working harder at playing the puzzles more often and get airship items. That along with feeding the special pets, wish list and HOS will hopefully get me what I need to complete the challenge. It's a goal for the next 30 days, getting us closer to the Fall Event.

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Jul 3, 17 8:58 PM
Maybe there were"glitches " in and the Easter bunnies Were not hatched on to have it earlier in the Spring.i think they are cute. But in all the challenges I have only been able to complete one due to the limited time I have to play.

Hilltop83
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Hilltop83 on Jul 3, 17 10:10 PM
Disappo That the blue key quests haven't returned at the end of the update. Then I had a better way to approach these challenges. Not sure if I will do this one without them.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Jul 3, 17 10:16 PM
I'm not crazy about the Avatars for this Challenge either, and because I will have limited time to play over the next few months, I won't be doing this CC. Just can't afford to spend the Airship Items.

So ~ to Friends of my Z series Castles, please send Gifts to your other Friends who are doing this CC who will need them more than I will ~ unless you have a burning desire to send me Gifts

I'll be adding NotDoingCC or NotCCing (or whatever fits) to my games after the 1am PST 2nd Gift Cycle or maybe before.

XXOO ~ Dhyani/Globe/Jules/Buck/Dandy/Floyd/Oscar and Wormy

Edited on 07/03/2017 at 10:50:46 PM PST

[Post New]by Rosemawie on Jul 3, 17 10:25 PM
I am a newbie - Can someone please explain to me what a zoom zone is?

[Post New]by Rosemawie on Jul 3, 17 10:30 PM
I am a newbie - Can someone please explain to me what a zoom zone is?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 3, 17 10:30 PM
Rosemawie wrote:I am a newbie - Can someone please explain to me what a zoom zone is?

Welcome to the forum Rosemawie

A Zoom Zone (ZZ for short) is what you put items in that you get from doing a hidden object scene to get other items.

Example. The Crypt is a Hidden Object Scene. You can get a Torch from it after completing it. You use the Torch on the Burnt Tree next to it. The Burnt Tree is a Zoom Zone because when you click on it it zooms in for a close up view.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Jul 3, 17 11:16 PM
My goodness!

After reaching L 78, I have been trying to open new puzzles, one done.
Also the new optional video ads are strange to me, may benefit some.

From last CC I have been trying to build inventory back up.
Yes new avatars out of season, but will give it a go.

MC has changed a lot, but adjusting....

USA.... Happy and safe 4th of July!

Crystal;P

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jul 4, 17 5:05 AM
I for 1 person who comes into the game everyday at three times a day will not take part in this insulting Easter in July Castle Challenge...plain & simple...

unless you have been putting endless hours at doing hidden object scenes and NOT doing daily or blue key QUESTS you don't have the air ship items to make all of air ship demands in this July quest without spending diamonds..along with all the gold that will be spent playing high stakes dice games..

someone needs to rethink grateful...there is real money behind those diamonds most of us use...

again I am a grown woman who doesn't have a grand child who'd be thrilled with those avatars as dolls costumes or for that matter as they are electronic avatars...

i'm out ... I will not take part in this castle challenge and will stay out the castles forums for a while so that I am not caused to vent how insulted I am by this out of place castle challenge

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 4, 17 5:44 AM
People who weren't playing at this time last year will be using this challenge toward the Master of Disguise achievement.

I've had some pm's from people concerned about the stamp tasks because they're afraid that many of their friends won't be playing this challenge.

I hope that those of you who have decided that this challenge is not for you will nevertheless continue to help out your friends who are participating.

I also hope that everybody will be around and participating if we get a mini-event during the challenge.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jul 4, 17 7:11 AM
I'm glad for a Castle Challenge. I was hoping they'd do one fairly soon. I wasn't looking forward to endless rounds of HOS, when I'm not doing DQs.

I agree with whoever said they may have mixed up their avatars because the avatars in the Spring challenge didn't really have anything to do with Spring or Easter. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Besides, the girl with the kitty was responsible for me getting that elusive moose pet. She beat Anabel often and, within a matter of a couple of weeks, I got nine or ten double sixes to acquire my moose. So, I'm glad to have gotten her from the Spring Castle Challenge.

And, while the bunnies aren't exactly summer themes, I think they're cute. I like cute and whimsical and upbeat. I think it's what I need more of these days. In case you didn't see my post back in March, my husband passed away, so, yeah, I need upbeat and cute.

Plus, think the Castle Challenges are fun to do.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jul 4, 17 7:27 AM
OK, now time for my . I'm amazed at what happens with different MC events. Some pull people together and some hit "hot buttons" and create VERY STRONG differences of opinions! In my case, I just enjoy what I can work through the rest. That said, I consider MC to be the VERY BEST Big Fish game and this forum to be the VERY BEST.

If people want to vent, fine. If people want to praise, fine. This forum still contains the world's finest, most sympathetic people around!!!!! If people all had the same opinions all the time, there would be no need for this forum. I'm glad to be part of it and will continue to participate.Good luck to all.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 4, 17 7:40 AM
mamarose1900 wrote:
And, while the bunnies aren't exactly summer themes, I think they're cute. I like cute and whimsical and upbeat. I think it's what I need more of these days. In case you didn't see my post back in March, my husband passed away, so, yeah, I need upbeat and cute.

I'm not overly fond of them BUT I will be sporting a pretty pink bunny costume come September when my Granddaughter is born

May even put on the blue bunny costume in August when it's my Grandsons Birthday

The bunny cookie? I'll have to think about that one. But I will own it in 30 days

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 4, 17 7:55 AM
I'll certainly never wear any of these avatars - they don't appeal to me at all. But I haven't missed a CC yet & I'm not going to sit this one out just because I don't like the avatars. I have lots of avatars I'll never wear that I worked to earn.

But 7 airships in the first week?!? Yikes! Challenge is right!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 4, 17 7:57 AM
Fred_just_Fred wrote:OK, now time for my . I'm amazed at what happens with different MC events. Some pull people together and some hit "hot buttons" and create VERY STRONG differences of opinions! In my case, I just enjoy what I can work through the rest. That said, I consider MC to be the VERY BEST Big Fish game and this forum to be the VERY BEST.

If people want to vent, fine. If people want to praise, fine. This forum still contains the world's finest, most sympathetic people around!!!!! If people all had the same opinions all the time, there would be no need for this forum. I'm glad to be part of it and will continue to participate.Good luck to all.

I agree... if everyone thought the exact same way, how BORING would life be?! ...oops, maybe I should have disagreed with you..

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 4, 17 8:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

It is understandable wanting to comment on the latest Castle Challenge. While the Moderation Team doesn't have control over any changes made within the game, we will continue to advocate for players and pass along any feedback and suggestions made in the forums. With that being said, I have let the Midnight Castle team know of the contents of this thread. Keep in mind that the Castle Challenge is optional to players, but the teams wanted to ensure that it is available to anyone who would like to participate.

I'd also like to place a friendly reminder of the Forum Rules for players, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

We understand that players have different gaming styles. Please be respectful of others opinions and feedback. All of the appropriate teams appreciate player's insights to help make it more enjoyable for as many players as we can. Please do not call any unwanted attention to others and be respectful of these posts.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jul 4, 17 11:34 AM
gohill wrote:
Fred_just_Fred wrote:OK, now time for my . I'm amazed at what happens with different MC events. Some pull people together and some hit "hot buttons" and create VERY STRONG differences of opinions! In my case, I just enjoy what I can work through the rest. That said, I consider MC to be the VERY BEST Big Fish game and this forum to be the VERY BEST.

I agree... if everyone thought the exact same way, how BORING would life be?! ...oops, maybe I should have disagreed with you..

I like your last comment - or as you would say, no, I disagree with you.

gertie0513
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by gertie0513 on Jul 4, 17 12:51 PM
I am also very dsiappointed in the bunny avatars. They are too cutesy and insipid as someone else peviously wrote. With all the art talent we have seen and imaginations of the MC artists, this is what they come up with?
What happened with the castle theme?Wouldn't gargoyles or peasants or some other ideas be more in keeping with the original Midnight Castle?
Gertie0513

alliebdive
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by alliebdive on Jul 4, 17 12:58 PM
Wow yes... I am amazed by the seeming extreme anger behind some of these comments. Chaps - we're talking about some avatars, not a matter of life or death exactly. We've just had a great update and the devs have given us a cc to add some interest over the next month. No one is compelled to do it. So, if you don't want to, then don't. Personally I'm not that bothered by any of the avatars but I enjoy the challenge of the daily cc. I also find that most of the cc are designed to help you gain the things you need for the tasks ie one task helping prep for a later one. And friends are a great help too. I can't see anything to be 'offended' about here.

Go to: