sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 10, 17 5:51 PM
I have the same issue with the menu button. It will not highlight so I have to ctrl, alt, del to get out of the game.

I also noticed that there is no description when you hover over each achievement in the achievements section.
You hover over one and all you get is the title i.e.. Perfection, but nothing telling you what you have to do to get it.

I'm pretty sure this is a glitch as the games in this series have achievement descriptions. There is also a large space at the bottom of the screen where the description is probably supposed to come up.
This may not affect gameplay much, but as a buyer of a CE it is a little annoying to have no idea what I am aiming for. Some of them I could guess, for others I've had to look at a previous game in the series to get full details.

If the devs do an update to fix other issues, could they please fix this as well as I'm pretty sure someone just overlooked it in the final checks of the game.

PC- Windows 7

P.S To give the devs an idea of what is working where,although I have the issue with the achievements and the menu, I do not have the issue with the forge HOP.
The shield is right there to the right of the armour and the three purple pieces are dotted around that fit into it. It all fitted together to open the bag, just as it should.
So at least my pc and os seems to be able to handle that part of the game.
Sorry for everyone else it is not working for, I just wanted to help possibly narrow down who this issue is occurring for.

Edited on 07/12/2017 at 7:13:12 PM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by j62janet on Jul 11, 17 1:07 AM
the menu button doesn't work for me either, I have to use the Windows button to leave the game, I use Windows 8.1

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mtozzano on Jul 11, 17 11:00 AM
Please I am having the same issues... I cannot use the menu to quit the game... I need to control, alt , delete...

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 11, 17 12:06 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm sorry to hear there have been troubles with this game for both Mac and PC players, so let's start troubleshooting.

When a PC game isn't responding to commands, such as when a button doesn't work, we recommend checking that the video card driver is up to date. We also recommend running the game as an administrator (which can also help the game to save progress again). The respective instructions for those processes can be found in the help pages below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

The troubleshooting steps differ for Mac users. If a game won't run properly, we suggest updating some key software programs. Further instructions can be found in the help page below.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If those steps don't resolve the troubles, please contact our Technical Support Team. They have the tools and the knowledge to provide further guidance.

Thanks for your understanding. Please PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Jul 11, 17 4:47 PM
The first post re the Key mold issue was 07/06/2017 and I don't see any meaningful response from the devs or from Big Fish. Is there a solution in the works or should I just request my refund now?

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on Jul 12, 17 6:28 PM
JPCarol wrote:How about you forego the stock answer and get this bug fixed. A whole bunch of us using different operating systems are all stuck in the same place. Just do a patch and get one with it

I am another BFG veteran player who knows how to fix a minor problem, but there is a bug in this game at the forge trying to make the key mold. Instead of playing the HO game in the forge, I guess I could play the alternative Match 3 Chain game forever, it's in a loop too!

Running Windows 7 OS with all drivers, system patches, etc up to date.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 13, 17 4:12 PM
Hello JPCarol and greengrassyhill,

I'm sorry to hear that there are issues with a specific puzzle and item that is necessary to proceed. We definitely want to help with these situations, and if you are unable to resolve the issue using the previously suggested steps, then please absolutely continue towards our next suggestion to contact our Support Team. We definitely want to investigate issues such as this further if they don't respond to our general troubleshooting steps that quickly resolve a large majority of issues players experience while playing our games.

Please reach out to our Technical Support Team if you haven't already so that our teams can gather information about the issue and help make sure you're not stuck with a game you are unable to play. To help the investigation, it would be useful to also provide a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report along side your request. This information may provide our Reps further insight into why this issue is occurring and they will be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues you are experiencing here. We definitely want to learn more about that issue, so please be sure to contact our Support Team since those previous suggestions didn't seem to help. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Re:Menu Button: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by moviequeen7609 on Jul 16, 17 9:40 AM
I cannot exit of the game without shutting down the computer.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 16, 17 6:22 PM
I was doing fine until the final puzzle. I could not make the circle move so as to be able to have the beams not cross. I thought I was trying to do something wrong, but I looked at the SG, and I was OK. I finally had to skip, and the puzzle rearranged itself by moving the circle as I'd been trying to do. It was frustrating to get through the whole game and then have to skip the final puzzle!

[Post New]by Helen1st on Jul 17, 17 3:29 PM
Sazoria said
"P.S To give the devs an idea of what is working where,although I have the issue with the achievements and the menu, I do not have the issue with the forge HOP.
The shield is right there to the right of the armour and the three purple pieces are dotted around that fit into it. It all fitted together to open the bag, just as it should.
So at least my pc and os seems to be able to handle that part of the game. "

Actually, some of us did know that this is what was expected, it's pretty obvious. It just won't do it. The pieces will not be picked up. Everything else is fine, it must be the game that's glitching, it is happening on different systems and OS. Most frustrating

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 17, 17 6:50 PM
@Helen1st
I'm a bit confused by the context in which you are quoting my post.

Actually, some of us did know that this is what was expected, it's pretty obvious. It just won't do it.

The word 'actually' would suggest that I posted that people didn't know what was expected in the game. I am aware that people know what the game is expected to do, and are unable to, because of a glitch, and didn't suggest otherwise in my post.
I was simply stating that although I have certain other glitches in my game, this HOP seems to be working as it should on my system, so as to give the devs a better idea of on which systems certain issues appear in case it helps to try and narrow down what is causing the problem.

I could, of course, of completely misinterpreted what you were trying to say, but I just wanted to clear this up just in case.

I am certainly sure that there are several glitches in this game and that the Forge HOP is one of them for many players, which sucks and I am very sorry for those who purchased, but cannot currently finish playing the game.
I hope for a quick update for you and all others waiting, and happy gaming to everyone .

[Post New]by aunt_stacy on Jul 17, 17 11:36 PM
I'm having the same problem with the forge HOP, although for me there is no shield or purple anything to the right of the armor so I know I'm not just overlooking it. I'm on windows 10 and I did that HOP with the alternative puzzle. I wonder, of all the people having this issue, how many did this scene with the alternative puzzle? I'm just guessing and hoping for a patch soon.

[Post New]by Helen1st on Jul 18, 17 8:50 AM
@ Sazoria. No, I didn't mean to imply you were saying something negative, I was trying to clarify the fact that, although it may be working for you, you had a clear set of different problems, and your solution wasn't working for us. You had different problems, and I hope they are sorted too. It's just not helpful of BFG to give out stock answers when we each need something specific, and each group of people have a different problem. Apologies if you thought it was directed at you.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 18, 17 1:12 PM
@Helen1st
No problem, I said I may well have misinterpreted your post and obviously I did, it happens some times. Thank you for the clarification .
I totally agree with the whole stock answer thing. I am usually very happy with BFG and how they work with customers and I understand that the moderators are not tech guys, and give stock answers as a way of at least trying to do something to help, but as, in this case, it is obvious that there are several glitches in this game that have nothing to do with individual systems and everything to do with how the game was programmed, it may have been better just to say that the issues had been passed on to the devs and they were sorry for any inconvenience and forgo the stock answer, which may have annoyed some people by suggesting there was something they should be doing when in this case it is clearly the game at fault.

Good luck with your games, I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed for a patch soon.

[Post New]by Helen1st on Jul 22, 17 10:32 AM
OK, I seem to have a fix for the forge HOS problem, or at least a reason why it's randomly working for some players and not all. I played the game again from the beginning (annoying or what) and the FIRST time you play the HOS in the forge, open all the drawers, and make sure the drawer/door in the centre bottom of the scene is open before you leave it. That way, when you go back to the HOS the second time, the bag is ready for all the bits you need to put in to open it to get the mould (which is the correct spelling btw!).

[Post New]by sharlariddle on Jul 23, 17 8:32 AM
There is a glitch in the program.The problem is the alternative puzzle on the key mold HOP. My game wouldn't allow me to progress or get the key mold. I then re- played under a different name and realized that on the key mold HOP, players need to play the traditional HOP and not the alternative puzzle. Otherwise you won't be able to progress. Once you try the alternative puzzle on the key mold HOP, you're pretty much out of luck unless you replay the game under another player name. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but I don't think that was necessary. I let the tech people know the problem.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 23, 17 3:28 PM
Thanks to Helen1st posting about the HOS in the Forge, I followed her instructions and everything worked just fine.

[Post New]by annalyse on Jul 25, 17 5:25 PM
Hello. I am also a big time BFG fan. I love the games that have a series to them. I am also playing this game and am having issues with the Menu button.

This issue is not with my video card or with any settings as all the other Myths of the World games that I have downloaded and played have been fine. The Menu button worked in this game Fire of Olympus until I got to Chapter 3, then it is no longer highlighted nor is it functioning.

I am using Windows 10. Any recommendations.

PS. Now editing this post. Once I got passed Hades and moved to next stage of game, the Menu button works again. Not sure why; I did not change nor reset anything.

Edited on 07/25/2017 at 5:38:52 PM PST

[Post New]by MLunsf7848 on Jul 29, 17 8:22 AM
I am unable to position the brass falcon on box to release gold for key

[Post New]by mruedas on Aug 3, 17 3:35 AM
Got through the entire game with no problems until...the final confrontation with Zeus, when the screen just froze up. Music still playing, I can interact with the menu, but not with any of the elements on screen. I am playing on a MacBook Air, with OS Sierra 10.12.6

Go to: