MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jul 13, 17 10:43 AM
Mark me down for game won't load!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bobspeck on Jul 13, 17 10:53 AM
just installed Witche's Legacy Covered by the Light, It will not open or start up. I uninstalled the game three times and it didn't help. I noticed in the reviews that this seems to be a problem. Do you have a fix for this game as I havenot had problems with a any other witche's Legacy games

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 13, 17 12:14 PM
Windows 10 - No Problems at all.

No double clicks, and the "Loading" took no more than 1-3 seconds.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Jul 13, 17 1:36 PM
I've bought the game but the Strategy Guide doesn't seem to have been expanded beyond the trial game.

I'll see if this changes once I get beyond the point of the trial, but if not, I'll report it.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 13, 17 2:23 PM
jaylake wrote:Hi

Playing on PC

I was a little silly in highsight as I purchased the game, and now cannot play. It shows a load and then nothing. I have left it as I thought it was just being slow but nothing. Wish i had tried first. Will keep trying but may need to go to customer support again. They are good but this situation is disappointing.

I am having the exact same problem. Wish I'd tried the demo first, but I've played all the other games in this series and loved them. I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I click to play and there's a blip on the taskbar signalling it's supposedly going to open the game then nothing. And waiting for it to load over time still equals nothing. Cannot play.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 13, 17 2:29 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:The teams definitely want to help get things up and running as they should so that players can get to their game play.

belamba, I'm sorry to hear that you have to doubleclick items within the game. If you haven't already, the help page below contains steps that may help resolve this issue:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116928">Mac Game Troubleshooting </a>

jaylake, you mentioned error code 900. It is recommended to refer to the following <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Big Fish Games Help</a> page as it contains troubleshooting steps that are specific to this error message:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230290348">Errors 760, 900, and 257700</a>

For players that are having downloading issues, the game may need more permissions and resources to properly install and open. The <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229944587">Problems Downloading or Installation Failed</a> help page is a great resource for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue.

It does seem that players on the Windows 10 system are having various issues. Please refer to the help pages below for troubleshooting. Keep in mind that running the game as an administrator gives the game the correct permissions to run as it should while the other help page is specific to the Windows 10 system.

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230458408">Windows 10</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator </a>

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 13, 17 2:31 PM
I started with the suggestion to look at Windows 10 information. I opened the game folder under Program Files (X86) and low and behold there is no .exe file with Witch's Legacy: Covered by Night Collector's Edition in there. There is an Uninstall.exe and a Launch.exe, but that's it. That would suggest a bigger problem than a compatability issue if downloading and installing the game didn't actually load the game's .exe file onto my computer.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 13, 17 4:47 PM
POSSIBLE FIX FOR GAMES THAT WON'T OPEN AND PLAY

All right, I have already posted this once in this thread, but people are still posting with the same issue that is games not opening at all, which I'm pretty sure is the same windows 10 issue. As my previous post was sandwiched between two moderator posts, maybe this will be more noticeable to people with this issue.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.
Good luck,
Sazoria.

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Jul 13, 17 6:06 PM
I played the trial and then bought the game. At that point it would not start up so I deleted it and now I can't even download again. Nothing happens. Please help. I am running Windows 10 and updated to the latest version today.

[Post New]by dlg32821 on Jul 13, 17 6:56 PM
So, I've tried changing the monitor resolution, running as Admin on Windows 10 and nothing works....

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 13, 17 7:52 PM
@naomi4195
Did you actually uninstall the game, or just delete the shortcut?
I know this may be a stupid question, but some people wouldn't know that deleting without uninstalling would mean the game was still on your computer and could therefore not be reinstalled again, so I just wanted to check.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 13, 17 8:07 PM
@dig32821
I just wanted to check that you were able to change the resolution correctly.
I'm sure you probably know what you are doing but just in case, and for any others that might not know I'll post it anyway.
This is based on my computer and I'm afraid I don't know if the set out is different for others, so anyone please feel free to post with more ways of doing it.

Changing screen resolution-
You can either right click on desktop, click screen resolution, click on the screen resolution menu and change to something lower, click apply, click to open game, close game once opened, go back to screen resolution and set it back to original setting, open game and enjoy

or

click on control panel in your menu, click on display, click on adjust resolution, click on resolution menu and change to something lower, click apply, open game, close game once opened, go back to screen resolution and set it back to original setting, open game and enjoy.

If this option doesn't work for you then it is possible you are having a different issue to others. Is it just that the game doesn't open when clicked on or do you get any other issues, error messages etc.?
More info might help the more technically minded in the pond help you.

Edited on 07/13/2017 at 8:09:36 PM PST

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jul 13, 17 8:12 PM
Downloads fine. Won't run. All I get is a blank white screen and the spinning beach ball of doom. Uninstalled/reinstalled. Same thing. Really tired of buggy Mac versions.

Mac OS 10.11.6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB RAM
246.6 GB free space on drive

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by momsford on Jul 13, 17 8:42 PM
I get the "blue screen" of death when trying to play. I can play for about five minutes, then the blue screen appears and says it's dumping physical memory and freezes. Glad I didn't purchase this one. Running Windows 7

Edited on 07/14/2017 at 12:29:48 PM PST

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by chuck3790 on Jul 14, 17 12:54 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

will not run. windows 10. please fix it or give refund?

[Post New]by GamerFan317 on Jul 14, 17 1:25 AM
I downloaded the demo, but for some odd reason, the game won't start up. Not only that, it keeps giving me activation messages for games that I have already activated. Is there some kind of bug in the demo version of this, or is it just me?

Basically, when I try to start the demo, it doesn't do anything. I then notice something in my queue that says something needs to be activated, which is a game I already downloaded and activated. I virus checked the game, but found nothing. I'm thinking there's a bug on this game, or at least the demo, but I'm not so sure...

Basically, I can't open the demo, period. Can someone look into this for me, please?

I accidentally made a new topic about it before I saw the tech issue post here, so I decided to try putting it here instead, since I don't know how to delete the topic.

Edited on 07/14/2017 at 1:27:56 AM PST

[Post New]by tiredoftrouble on Jul 14, 17 6:24 PM
download, times two I will not be able to play if it does not come on. I am not going to down load t a third time because it is beginning to be a total pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! either fix this problem or take the game off so we do not waste our time!!!

[Post New]by JCMHONEY on Jul 14, 17 7:15 PM
I am having same problem. Down loaded the free play and can't get game to open. Every time I press play it won't open because another one of my games starts for me to activate that's activated, so I activate it and try again and then a different game comes and it start all over again. I have tried changing resolution, reinstall nothing is working. Would like to buy but can't play free time so it's a no go for me.

[Post New]by crochetnutt on Jul 14, 17 10:47 PM
The game at the lake of memories doesn't work at all. It's not frozen because I can exit the scene.

[Post New]by GamerFan317 on Jul 15, 17 12:09 AM
*Sigh*

Sounds like there's a lot of issues with this game that was overlooked somehow during the beta testing: both with the demo and the full version. System compatibility seems to be one issue and there seems to be issues among various people over what works and what doesn't.

I think I'll take the advice and wait to play this game later until the tech support finds the issues with this game. As much as I love this series, there's too many problems with this game that makes it a turn off.

Hopefully, either the BFG tech support or Elefun will find something and patch this up soon.

Go to: