bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 25, 17 11:00 AM
Hello pedeymom and irishtina,

I'm sorry your games aren't working and am here to help.

Since your game won't load from the Purchase History, pedeymom, I'd suggest taking a look at the help page below. It contains some really helpful troubleshooting suggestions.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

When a game experiences a runtime error, irishtina, I'd suggest checking that the video card driver for the computer is up to date. For further instruction, please see the help page below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't solve the troubles, please contact the Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more help.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by charfoust on Jul 26, 17 5:41 PM
No matter what settings I try on my Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) laptop, I can't get the window to open full size. It's about 4 inches wide and no taller either. I haven't had these problems with other Puppet Show releases. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series with 16 Gb of RAM and a Tb data drive.

[Post New]by christy032866 on Jul 28, 17 7:29 PM
I am playing on a PC. I am barely in the game when it crashed and gave me this:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:C:\ProgramFiles(x86)PupetShow-ArroganceEffectCollectorsEditionThis application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
please contact the application's support team for more information.

It crashed 3 times when I tried to use the fire extinguisher in my hotel room.

cnagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by cnagirl on Jul 31, 17 10:28 AM
i am using a PC with windows 10. I keep getting a error which reads . This app has requested the run time to terminate in a unusual way. What is this all about? I keeps making me play the same scene over everytime i try to play it again. Help. I have never had any problems with your other games.

sammybean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sammybean on Jul 31, 17 1:06 PM
Like the last Puppetshow, all I get is access violation. Terminated.
Sigh.
Playing on Windows 10

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Jul 31, 17 9:29 PM
The last few games of the Puppet Shows I have had problems with. First off when the first screen comes up to introduce the game I have no background just a few things in the foreground like just the crystal ball thingy and a few words at the bottom. Then when that goes away I get a very jerky and studdery mouse pointer. When the game try to come on I only get parts of it. The voice over is fine but all the graphics are messed up. I tried the administrator suggestion info that BF tells us to do in the Tech Help but that did not help at all. I don't know what else to do. Everything else so far is up to date. So I have to say it is the game problems. I love Puppet Show games and could love to have all of them but it looks like that is not going to happen. The same thing is happening with the Redemption Grave games lately. I don't know what is going on with the new games but I hope BF finally gets their act together and make sure the games are fixed before sending them out for us to play. It gets real annoying. I have been with BF for several years now and it seems they just don't want to help they just send out that same old posting that give.
I remember when the first owner of BF went out of his/her way to really make sure everyone was satisfied and would respond really quick to problems. But it seems this owner has to much time and money {our money} on his/her hands to make sure that all are happy with their games. Sorry if I come off mean and I don't really aim to be but I know myself and others have gotten really upset the last few years because of the lack of help. OK I will quit here. I just hope they get it fixed I really want to play some of my favorite games.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 3, 17 3:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues encountered while playing Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition. We definitely want players to not have their progress blocked by the game crashing or other errors being experienced and I wanted to swim by with some suggested steps to try that could quickly resolve those issues as well as how to contact our Support Team for any further assistance that may be needed.

First, for players encountering an Access Violation error, the following page of steps may help resolve that issue:

Access Violation

For players that are experiencing a runtime error, the game crashing, or the game freezing or displaying in a strange manner, the following steps for PC can help resolve issues such as that or show that more assistance will be necessary. If you'd like to try those steps, they are linked below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Some players noted that they are seeing the game crash at specific points. If the game crashes at the same point every time, this could mean that the game is encountering trouble playing smoothly due to a lack of permissions. It's possible that running the game as an Administrator could resolve this particular kind of crash. If you'd like to try those steps, they are linked below:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you'd just like further assistance with your purchase, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope these suggestions were helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by rboehme on Aug 7, 17 6:04 PM
Game loads very slow, freezes from time to time and gets runtime error when picking up the fire extinguisher. Crashes

[Post New]by liagmai on Aug 10, 17 11:19 PM
Still Cant play this game when u get to part where uhave to out the fire, simply closes with termination warning... tried everything suggested... i purchased this game and want to when when will there be an update... or we just get our money back

lapphund
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lapphund on Aug 12, 17 1:16 AM
I have finished the main game and would like to play the bonus game but cant find where to find the bonus button to click on. I have gone through everything on the main menue but NO sign of the bonus icon .

lapphund
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lapphund on Aug 14, 17 2:30 AM
ok found the solution to be able to play he bonus chapter. on menu click on extras and then click on play

Edited on 08/14/2017 at 2:31:09 AM PST

cnagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

putting out the fire..

[Post New]by cnagirl on Aug 21, 17 3:09 PM
I also was having trouble putting out the fire. Let the game sit for a few days.When i went to play it again it worked. I moved the cursor to the right, where the man was. Pointed the machine and it put out the fire. Try that guys.

amisoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by amisoo on Sep 11, 17 7:21 AM
I actually bought the game after working through the fire extinguisher issue since I had no other glitches. I have a BRAND NEW laptop. This is the FIRST game I've put on it. Or tried to. I got an Error Code 5 which led me to the help section where I was informed that I need to update my video card and driver. Why? This is a new high end gaming computer. So, since I already paid, I tried the suggested fixes. Turns out, even HP (my laptop manuf.) can't find anything that needs to be updated on my brand new laptop. So...what gives? I've visited these forums, I've tried the suggestions on the BFG help pages, and even tried to update a new laptop. I will most likely have to ask for a refund because this is ridiculous. I am laid up in bed for 2 months with a knee injury and cannot afford another $14 today for an additional game so I guess I will just replay a game I've already purchased and finished and hope that BFG gets this straightened out because there is nothing further on my end that I can do to fix it. Why would I need to update my video card when I could play the demo just fine?

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Sep 17, 17 3:35 PM
To Luv_my_bagel...in the match 3 game you can make a match of 3 with a right angle instead of a line.

[Post New]by teachjr on Sep 22, 17 8:21 AM
I am stuck on the bonus game... trying to get in the door... the game shut my computer down... I re-started it and can't get past the door the last bow won't slide into place... bummer!

[Post New]by PartyPoodle on Feb 15, 18 2:37 AM
I keep getting a visual c+ error using the fire extinguisher and then it shuts down. I restart and stops at the same place with the same error.

Go to: