Gilead
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Gilead on Jul 25, 17 5:42 PM
Does the demo really end as the photographer say "He's watching"?

Because if so, that demo is way to easy, and not a good sign on how easy the game is, 24 minutes to complete the demo. And the games in this serie are usually quite puzzling, not this one.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by salmon28 on Jul 26, 17 2:53 PM
Really liked the Demo, as short as it was. Unlike some other reviewers, I think Puppet Show and Redemption Cemetery have improved since AMAX took over. The games have become scarier, more raw, more "manly", dare I say. I can just see the new head of AMAX saying "Give these games some testosterone!!!" Can't wait to play the full game.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jul 26, 17 3:07 PM
I thought this puppetshow game was just as good as previously games. I played the whole game plus bonus game and I thought it was great. can't see any difference in ers and amax. both good developers. I love ers games . now I love amax.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 29, 17 6:08 PM
I was taken aback when the demo finished, it was incredibly short, and that was with my absence for about 10 minutes with it running. i was sure i would run out of time.
I still had 33 minutes to play. So that happened.
I was bored with this demo, hated the helper's voice, sounded like a chalkboard chicken being choked to death.
Puzzles were absurd and mostly annoying wastes of time, no real challenge if you have half a brain.
Graphics were ok, but one expects that nowdays, One also expects something new and interesting, but one doesn't always get that, at least not with this game.
Sorry Devs, i just call em like i see em. I have all this series save this one, and I am calling it off between us. If you can't come up with something better than this, let the Puppetshow close.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 30, 17 1:31 AM
Unlike many other games I have played over the last year or so, this game didn't bore me one bit.

The colours are really well done, as are the graphics, and I love the story and gameplay. I also very much enjoyed doing the hidden object scenes, which have become a real bore in other HOGs. And I didn't find this game too short. But then again, I don't care for games that drag on and on. I prefer short and sweet.

As I mentioned before, for me, this series is getting better and better.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention: And I loved watching my doll doing different things with the musical notes I found.

Edited on 07/30/2017 at 1:35:09 AM PST

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jul 30, 17 8:31 AM
Just finished the demo and must say, not sure what the complaints are about. This is (imho) a pretty good to start to a game. Story is interesting, graphics are very good, HOS are basic but not bad, and the mini-games I encountered were interesting except for that one where you have to hit the space at just the right time. It moves so fast and the space to hit is so small, it was just impossible. **and I'm usually pretty good at those.
The helper isn't to bad but the voice could definitely be better. We are all a little tired of helpers but so far she is useful but not intrusive.
I didn't think about the previous games except for the reminders in this game which I thought, lent a nice touch.
This game is interesting enough to stand on it's own and make me want to know what happens next.
There are games in other series that have not "measured up" to standards set but this one does as far as I'm concerned.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Aug 4, 17 10:38 PM
Based on the demo: This game has been a pure headache to play so far. Of the 45 minutes or so I supposedly spent playing it, a good portion of it was spent staring at a black or frozen screen. It was taking me a full minute just to move from one area to another. I finally gave up, quit, & deleted it. Apparently this isn't a universal problem, as many reviewers haven't mentioned it, but to be on the safe side, I strongly recommend doing the demo before you purchase.

[Post New]by terryloca on Aug 11, 17 10:45 PM
Sorry... I tried.... really. This game has too much dialogue and story... not enough puzzles and gameplay. I got frustrated and quit. Maybe I'll pick up and continue when I've ran out of games.

Go to: