TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Tonight's fortune wheel challenge is EXPENSIVE

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 27, 17 3:55 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
mdpetdoc wrote:In the past I've taken my free spin and reopened the wheel immediately to a timer with 19 hours left until the next free spin. I'm not sure what the parameters were that had the free spin available in less than 24 hours but it has happened several times.
I, too, have noticed this happening.....that is the one part of the Wheel reset that I haven't been able to wrap my brain around.

Could it be that you opened the game.....did not open the Wheel.....that the Wheel reset time was while you were playing, and you continued to play for 4 to 5 hours after the reset time ..... and then you remembered to check the Wheel?

I have tried to duplicate the timer already going part, but just when I think I have it figured out .... it doesn't react/respond the way I think it should.

I'm sure someone has it figured out .... hopefully they will post to 'splain it to the rest of us.

Earlier you posted:

For instance....let's say when I open my Wheel (at noon, for ease of computing), it has 3 hours before it resets.....that means, my Wheel will reset at 3:00 pm.....If I open the Wheel shortly after 3:00 pm....that reset time will remain for the next day. However, if I forget to open the Wheel until 5:00 pm (2 hours after it resets), then that is the new reset time.

Opening the wheel isn't what resets the timer. It's whether you have the game open at reset time.

Using your example: If you were in your game at 3 PM, your wheel will rest at that time regardless of whether you open it. If you want to have your wheel open later, you have to stay out of your game from shortly before your old reset time (3 PM) and the time you want the wheel to reset.

Scolon18
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Scolon18 on Jul 27, 17 4:17 PM
It's going to be more expensive for me, time reset on wheel, so I start spinning away, get 8 spins in, when I realize, I still had 2 hours before game time reset,

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Tonight's fortune wheel challenge is EXPENSIVE

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jul 27, 17 4:23 PM
Rhysdux wrote:This is the cost of obtaining 15 items from the fortune wheel:

Free spin
100 coins
200 coins
300 coins
400 coins
500 coins
600 coins
700 coins
800 coins
900 coins
1000 coins
1100 coins
1200 coins
1300 coins
1400 coins

10,500 coins

That's assuming that you get an item with each spin. Diamonds don't count as items.

This is way too expensive for me! I could use that kind of money to open an area.

I prefer to play with optimism.
I expect to get several free spins from landing on stars.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 27, 17 4:46 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
Rhysdux wrote:
I don't understand what is meant by "resetting the wheel", either. I was under the impression that all this had to be done within 24 hours.

Nothing has to be done within 24 hours except task 28 (30 medallions in 24 hours) is the exception. Task 28 can be started at anytime (even on the last day) as long as it's completed within 24 hours.

All other tasks can take as long as needed to complete them as long as the entire CC is completed at the end of the day of task 30.

Just spin the wheel to the 700 coin spin then wait for the 24 hour refresh to run out when you get the "free spin" again, then spin the remaining spins to get the 15 items. Should only cost you 5600 coins. To make some of them back sell your winnings.

If you have enough stamps you can play puzzles for items needed to craft items that cost no coins to craft and sell them to off set the cost.
Example, play puzzles for Punishing Hand and Wind of Change and craft the Cube of Fortune or play for Claws of the West and Wings of the East and craft the Monster of the Dawn.

Thank you, Silver_hawk. That helps a lot.

nana5252
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by nana5252 on Jul 27, 17 5:13 PM
I just ran through all the spins, I had the money. Got 3 Manticore Eggs ($2700 each). Also received 3 craft items, worth $800, $1800, and $1900. So I actually came out a couple thousand ahead. Don't know if I was lucky, or if the odds of getting good stuff was increased for this challenge.

nanciq
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by nanciq on Jul 27, 17 5:17 PM
I guess diamonds don't count as items? I got two and they didn't register. Waste of a few coins.

LvlSlgr
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by LvlSlgr on Jul 27, 17 5:32 PM
I also ran through all the spins instead of waiting because I have plenty of coins. Very happy with what I received: 2 Phoenix eggs and 3 Blades of Terror in addition to the more common items. That's worth 14,800 coins (2 x 5,000 and 3 x 1,600).

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 27, 17 6:31 PM
I split it in all 4 games.... it's not going to put me behind as I will be able to spin the new wheels before GMT tomorrow night....

westwind02
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by westwind02 on Jul 27, 17 8:08 PM
I guess luck with me tonight!! After the last challenge I needed it!! I decided to get it done since I had the coins!! I got 6 stars so I got cash plus I was able to get 4 Phoenix eggs so I feel so happy!! Luck was with me!!

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jul 27, 17 10:50 PM
Did anyone else notice that diamonds don't count toward your total? Just spent $1300 and got 2 diamonds that don't add to your 15 needed

[Post New]by Gr3asyHalfling on Jul 28, 17 12:32 AM
Done & dusted and I got 3 diamonds and in total, spent 13600 coins....

nanciq
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by nanciq on Jul 28, 17 3:58 AM
kdreetz wrote:Did anyone else notice that diamonds don't count toward your total? Just spent $1300 and got 2 diamonds that don't add to your 15 needed

Yep, noticed that. bummer. If it's on the wheel it should count.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Jul 28, 17 5:26 AM
I am playing (almost) quietly.

Did not spin my wheel yesterday (MC day starts at 2am for me). Spinned for 2'100 coins at 6:30am. Re-spinned for 2'100 coins at 7am when my wheel was resetting (had planned that some days ahead), and shall re-spin tomorrow morning round 7am or whenever I wake up before starting the HOS challenge.

Of course I got many diamonds, which didn't occur when I needed just one! ! And I am still short 5 items so hopefully tomorrow morning won't be too costly, but I shall spin until I get those items so that I can start the next challenge! I had a beautiful squirrel egg on the wheel but it didn't want to come to me!! Boohoo!

All in all, I hope this won't cost me more than 7'000 coins! Fingers crossed! (and toes, eyes and legs!! xoxo Dhy!!)

Good luck everyone!!

[Post New]by DarDar_Bee on Jul 28, 17 6:19 AM
Hi. Last evening I spun the fortune wheel and got 9 of the 15 items needed for the castle challenge. I was interrupted and wasn't able to get them all. When I tried to complete the challenge this morning, I noticed all 9 of the items I had previously collected disappeared. Has anyone else came across this?

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jul 28, 17 6:22 AM
I'm one of the "plenty of coins" folks. I just used 'em. All spending it means is that it will take me longer to become an accidental millionaire. I'm not trying to get there, but it seems as if no matter how many coins I spend, I get closer and closer to having a million. So far, the developers have sent updates to the storyline or Castle Challenges just as I get into the 900,000+, so I keep plugging on and we'll see if I ever get there. I'm not actively trying to become a millionaire, thus the word "accidental".

Congrats to all who have completed this task and good luck to everyone else.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 28, 17 9:02 AM
Divided it over 2 different Wheels......I got 3 diamonds, but ended up 3000 coins to the good after selling the 3 eggs I got.

So, this task didn't "cost" me any coins .....

(Regarding the Diamonds......they are not an Inventory item, so they don't count. Nor do the stars count toward the task completion.)

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jul 28, 17 10:30 AM
I finished this spin the wheel of Fortune laughing like a loon!

I don't want the final cost of the 15 items because then I might start crying but...

3 Pegasus eggs, 7 diamonds, 5 star-free spins, 6 regular free spins, 4 Traveler's Diary, 3 unique stamps, 3 Solar Seals, 1 lightning flashes and a bag of simple food...

I struggled just days ago getting the blessed diamond and it's been weeks since I won any kind of egg off the wheel so last night was really weird.

Congrats to all that have finished and may luck be with those who are still spinning away.

Be sure to fortify, take a bathroom break etc before tonight and tomorrow's romp around the castle!

RBsMom

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Jul 28, 17 3:20 PM
I just did them too, couldn't be bothered fluffing around. I'm too impatience . At least in my second game (which is now 78) I got two panda eggs which was great as I only had 12,000 coins and went down to about 1000!!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 28, 17 3:48 PM
Completed 2nd wheel on all... all 4 had eggs and one of my 2nd wheels had 2 eggs... I was not sweating this day.... now.... the next two days.... I will not be able to complete 1,200 HO's in two days, which is why I will craft pet food for the medallions... that will give me two more days ... and even the last day, with swapping stamps, I can wait till the last minute to claim the stamps... soooooooo, I think I can, I think I can... actually, I'm pretty sure I can...

Go to: