Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Leaves: The Journey here.

[Post New]by skunkluvr66 on Aug 3, 17 6:55 AM
I DID IT!!!! But I was not alone. All of you in this Forum and our good friend from YouTube were there with me. I never took so many notes since playing Gabriel Knight in the 1990s. (I still have those notes). This is an interesting and crazy hard game that makes you think and humbles you into asking for help. It is a very good exercise for your brain. I had a few crashes but I do not know if it was my PC or I overtaxed the game app. Big Fish gave us two other games that remind me of this one, The Inner Mind and The Silent Age, which I got YouTube help for too. I recommend this game for the challenge!

[Post New]by chrisslab on Aug 3, 17 8:39 AM
This is the best game I've played in a long time. I agree, it's quite out of the ordinary, but once you begin to get the feel for how the game works, your frustration turns into fascination. Things will begin to reveal themselves as you go on, you just need to be patient with yourself. The further you get in the game, the more you realize the helps that are available to you. (It took me quite awhile to realize that I could track where I was and that I could tell when I missed a leaf by looking at the pull down map.) The graphics are beautiful, and the "inhabitants" you are looking for are charming. I would not rate myself as an expert puzzle solver, but so far I've found every one of them quite do-able and very interesting. The lack of a skip button, or even instructions for the puzzles, makes me realize just how "lazy" I've allowed myself to be in past games!

I have 10 leaves so far, and the only time I've been stuck it's been by what I might say is a defect in the game play. A tool that I needed to use twice disappeared because I did one of the puzzles before another, so I didn't have it when I needed it. I had to check out YouTube and then start a new game because I couldn't find any way to go back. Taking notes and making drawings as you go will greatly increase your enjoyment in the game. Just keep going back to your question marks - you will eventually have everything you need to answer them.

I highly recommend this game, and hope there is a sequel.

[Post New]by lilithadams on Aug 3, 17 11:30 AM
I love this game. I tried the demo then bought it.

[Post New]by BikeGrrrl on Aug 4, 17 10:26 AM
I really liked this game. I rarely pay for Hidden Object games - I just bide my time and wait for good adventure games to show up. This game reminds me of Machinerium. Not a lot of directions and a lot of fooling around to figure out what to do. The art is great. I had to take notes because there was no way to save the codes as I found them.

[Post New]by kndmanz on Aug 5, 17 9:01 AM
This game was a lot of fun, although at times the surroundings were quite surreal (it reminded me of Terry Gilliam's Monty Python artwork).

The puzzles are all definitely doable, the only one I needed a hint on was the sliding doors and once I saw what the solution was I wanted to kick myself because I really should have figured it out on my own!

Another reviewer compared it to The Silent Age and The Inner Mind, and I would add Fire to that list.

If you enjoy taking your time, exploring, and solving puzzles I'd definitely give this one a try.

[Post New]by rexdart on Aug 6, 17 3:02 PM
okay I thought I did pretty well on most games I liked, but wow! a truly fun;and challenging game, keep pen and paper by your side. Had to go to utube a few times ,usually I could have figured it out but got to impatient to see what came next! ,great graphics and engrossing game play,a truly charming game [music was unusually good also] there is a sequel out. PLEASE BFG more of the same.it made my brain hurt in a good way!many thanks from somone who'd rather be sanded and slathered with lemon juice than be bored!

[Post New]by JanSimmo on Aug 7, 17 6:23 AM
What a fantastically refreshing game, tough but not too tough. Had to resort to You Tube a few times but on the whole just think as logically as possible, you need a good memory as well or a notepad and pen to hand. Great game, hope something similar comes out soon, was getting very bored with the regular hidden object or time management games. Thankyou.........now, not sure what to do now I've completed this game...any suggestions !!

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Aug 7, 17 7:39 AM
I loved this game.....but it did make me feel quite stupid at times . And here's me thinking I was reasonably intelligent !!!!!!
like others I took loads of notes. and had to consult you tube also.
hope there's a sequel as it just so different once you get into it its hard to stop.
.more like this please BF

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Aug 7, 17 8:56 AM
I loved this - sheaves of notes and thank you to the video site. Deep smugness when I figured something out for myself!

I've checked, there is a 'Leaves: The Return' - I do hope BFG gets it.

nszat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by nszat on Aug 8, 17 9:01 AM
I loved this game! It wasn't hard, but it was challenging, utterly engrossing, and highly addicting. I wish BFG would feature more adventure games - I am so tired of HO, helpers, the same puzzles, etc. I miss the days of MYST and Syberia, so Leaves was such a treat. Leaves, the Return is available on Steam. I'm buying it today!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 8, 17 12:54 PM
I agree with all of you who really like this game. I admit to being bored with the same ole, but never liked the mechanics of most adventure type games, so at first I was leery of this one. I did like the look of it though, so checked out the walkthroughs, and got a good feel for what I needed to do. I went back in to the very beginning and I fell in love with this game. It is a good challenge, and I don't feel pushed to hurry up, if you know what I mean. I did buy it, and haven't completed it yet, but I will and I do hope the second one comes around here soon!

I will also retry the other three games that y'all mentioned that are available here as well.

More please!

eta: Didn't find Inner Mind, nor Fire...downloading Silent Age now. Of course I wrote them down, but knowing me, I would misplace that piece of paper. Anyway, I like having a few waiting for me when I am ready for them.

Edited on 08/08/2017 at 1:02:23 PM PST

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on Aug 8, 17 9:12 PM
I'm really enjoying this game. I've been working on it for a while. I'm getting near the end and I'm currently stuck, but I don't mind (I'll figure it out or go to the help puzzle in the main menu if I really can't figure it out). I like having a game that has made me think...it's been fun and entertaining. Thanks for a fun challenge!

[Post New]by mum6430 on Aug 11, 17 3:57 PM
In all my years of play BF games, this is my very first review: this has got to be the best game BF has done. I was so sorry to get to the end! I really hope they give us the sequel very soon.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Aug 24, 17 8:24 PM
This is the best game I've played since Facility 47. As stated previously, wish BFG had more adventure games rather than so many Hidden Object games. Love the challenge and the chance to use my brain for a change.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Aug 31, 17 8:21 PM
Love this game! I usually don't do well with adventure games - I used to buy them AND the full walkthru books! This was wonderful; such cute little fruitie people. And all the little hidden characters. I missed getting one of them so will replay in the future. For now it is on to the sequel!

For those wondering, the puzzles are actually logical and can be figured out with a bit of thought. Well, a lot of thought. I found myself thinking ahead and getting some of them without resorting to YouTube. It did help to review in case I missed something. This is a very well done, thought provoking, and replayable game. Enjoy!

CelticCoco

slp12272
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by slp12272 on Sep 9, 17 8:16 AM
Loved, loved, loved this game! I'm so excited to start Leaves the Return. I'm hoping there will be another. So different, and the challenges of figuring out the puzzles is frustrating but so satisfying once you've figured it out.

slp12272
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by slp12272 on Sep 9, 17 8:18 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I agree with all of you who really like this game. I admit to being bored with the same ole, but never liked the mechanics of most adventure type games, so at first I was leery of this one. I did like the look of it though, so checked out the walkthroughs, and got a good feel for what I needed to do. I went back in to the very beginning and I fell in love with this game. It is a good challenge, and I don't feel pushed to hurry up, if you know what I mean. I did buy it, and haven't completed it yet, but I will and I do hope the second one comes around here soon!

I will also retry the other three games that y'all mentioned that are available here as well.

More please!

eta: Didn't find Inner Mind, nor Fire...downloading Silent Age now. Of course I wrote them down, but knowing me, I would misplace that piece of paper. Anyway, I like having a few waiting for me when I am ready for them.

I haven't tried Inner Mind or Silent Age, but I have tried Fire. I don't think Fire is anywhere near as good as Leaves. I loved Leaves but didn't care for Fire all that much. Just my two cents.

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 8:20:02 AM PST

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 2, 17 2:22 PM
As usual posting weeks after everyone else, but I've finished this game and absolutely loved it. Starting out the demo was a pain, but once I started understanding the game mechanics/hints/layout, it was a joy. I'm not a huggy-stuffed-animal fan by any means but the ugly little peoplethings were charming and I starting looking forward to finding them. Finishing the game is quite an accomplishment as I had to resort to the video walkthroughs a few times, but the individual puzzles were great fun and worth the headscratchy moments. Graphics are really lovely in some places and did remind me of Myst a few times. Sound effects were repetitive but not overwhelming, and navigating between scenes was easy, as was the save and exit. I recommend this game to anyone who is tired of smoky red-eyed demons and lost zipper pulls, and wants something completely out of the ordinary. I recommend this little gem of a game!

Go to: