pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pungstress on Aug 9, 17 8:20 PM
After a great start this game just got bogged down in tedious repetition.
Because of that, even though it seemed a longer game than most, maybe it just seemed longer because the storyline became boring.
By the time I found out who the red queen was, I couldn't care less.
I find I can only spend 15 minutes playing it before my eyes begin to droop.
I'll probably finish it but this is the first CE I've bought that had me dreading the bonus chapter.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Aug 11, 17 3:14 PM
Pungstress - you took the words right out of my mouth. I shall have to gird my loins to do the bonus game tomorrow in between doing the ironing. I don't know which will prove the more boring. All this and I'm trying to pack up smoking too - bad games like this I really could do without.
Finished the bonus game (didn't take long) and uninstalled it. What a shame; the first one of the series was a smashing game but I couldn't rave about this one.

Edited on 08/12/2017 at 4:45:54 AM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 30, 17 5:58 PM
have to agree with many of the comments. I am struggling to get through this game. Almost finished the main game, still have the bonus game to get through. I will finish it as I paid for it, but certainly not the most enjoyable game. Got worse as I progressed.

Had to keep relying on the hint button. Neither the SG nor the hint button were very helpful in some instances, especially in the bubble game - thankfully somebody had posted how to get through it - some of the mini games (I guess) - no option to skip - one had to muddle through - ended up using the hint. Some instances - it said the map was not available (part of the game, I guess).

Plus - an awful lot of cut scenes - got quite annoying after a while.

I know I missed a lot of the morphing objects - not sure if I'll be able to go back and find them - I know I should be able to go back and find the collectible "stars" and then also get to find the souvenirs. Don't know why developers give us players the opportunity to find any missing morph objects.

Oh well - guess I should not have bought this game, but needed something new to play.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

A TERRIBLE FLAW IN VERMILLION WATCH GAME CONSTRUCTION

[Post New]by kandinsky on Sep 6, 17 2:30 PM
This review is a late one and just about all there is to say has been said by reviewers. I will therefore focus on one problem, as it seems to me. The Vermillion Watch games come to a point where our hero visits Rufus and puts down the "evidence" he has acquired and Rufus tells him that this represents three places he must go. Then the player chooses any one of these for a chapter and then another and then the third, before going on to the final chapter.

BUT if the result of one chapter does not have any effect on that of the next and the next (since they can be played in any sequence) then the necessary illusion is broken that one is doing things that have consequence for how the game goes.

One might as well skip all three and go directly to the end it would seem.

Granted that this is an illusion ,almost all HOPA games are unicursal, have only one possible development. still for me at least this illusion is a vital one in game making.

Beyond that as an old Oz fan sort of nice to see Dorothy looking fine in black and shooting at people, but the plot as a whole is it seems to me tiresome.

However it is this one concept problem which I would beg the developers to reconsider.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 9, 17 2:32 PM
I just bought this game and am sorry I bought it. I am stuck on a puzzle with no skip button. I have to hit feet and fist sequence at least 3 times and cannot finish even 1 sequence. VVery disappointed since I will not be able to finish game. Wasted my money. Give this game a 1 on a scale of 1 to 5. Finally finished game. will not do bonus game.

Edited on 09/10/2017 at 7:48:49 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 9, 17 3:20 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I just bought this game and am sorry I bought it. I am stuck on a puzzle with no skip button. I have to hit feet and fist sequence at least 3 times and cannot finish even 1 sequence. VVery disappointed since I will not be able to finish game. Wasted my money. Give this game a 1 on a scale of 1 to 5

You may not even feel like trying again, but if you do here are a couple of tips that might help you get past this:

-This is basically a "Simon Says" type puzzle. The sequence will flash in the beginning, then you repeat it.
-They are all sequences of four and some moves may be repeated (e.g.; left fist, right foot, right foot, right fist).
-The thing that threw me is that when the game gives you the sequence to follow, each "move" flashes twice. So, if an icon flashes twice, you make that move once. And if one of the icons flashes four times, you make that move twice in a row.

And yes, I agree that they should always have a skip button for any puzzle! I sometimes have to resort to having my son do some of the puzzles that require speed, because I'm just not quick enough for them. Same thing for turn the dial puzzles, where when you turn one, two others turn as well. I can't even put into words how much I hate those.

drummer22
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by drummer22 on Sep 11, 17 1:55 PM
I have never gave up on an Eipix game yet, but I have with this one. I do not mind difficulties in a game but, the fight sequence has got me beat. I have tried upside down, inside out to finish this, but I'm done !!! Eipix if you read this, please put a skip button on this game. Having paid full price for game, I'm angry that I cannot finish it.
Caroline Hogg

Go to: