Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Subject 13 here.

[Post New]by LadyAurora on Aug 15, 17 10:04 AM
I really want to like this game. I tried it out and over and over again it got stuck (did not allow me to do anything or to exit the puzzle screen) at a puzzle, but allowed me to go out to the menu and enter again. This happened so often that it just became incredibly frustrating.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 15, 17 10:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm swimming over faster than Michael Phelps (but not a shark) to provide some troubleshooting assistance.

It sounds like the game is causing some laptops to heat up. The Moderation Team isn't equipped to investigate this issue here in the forums, so I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll have the tools to take a deeper look into what's going on.

If the game isn't progressing or showing progress, then we might be dealing with a display error. The following help pages contain instructions that will help troubleshoot these problems.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

The first help page contains instructions for how to update the computer's video card driver. Since this driver controls how the game's graphics and the computer interact, I'd recommend checking that it's up to date. Installing a new version might fix this matter. The second help page explains how to run the game in administrator mode, which gives the game permissions to access all of the resources it needs.

Should the game continue to freeze or not progress after trying those processes, please contact our Technical Support Team too.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

DGA1961
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by DGA1961 on Aug 15, 17 3:49 PM
Took forever to install, then went through the intro conversation, then when it came time to look around, it got as far as letting me click a red button, then nothing. Hard reboot, and again, nothing. Have it on the lowest graphics quality, even.

What a shame. It really looked like it was right up my alley.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 15, 17 4:32 PM
Hello DGA1961,

Thanks so much for all of your hard work trying to fix the game. I'm here to provide more troubleshooting help.

When a game freezes or won't respond to the cursor, I recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. The driver controls how the computer's graphics interact with a game, and installing a new version can be really useful. I'd also recommend running the game with administrator permissions. The two help pages below contain instructions for those respective processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team, who'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thanks for your patience, and please PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Zeilies on Aug 24, 17 1:06 AM
Hi I have problem with exiting the game while playing on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. Once I clicked "exit" from the main menu in the full screen of this game, my mouse turn into the loading spin that doesn't stop and continue spin for a long time. I had to manually exit with the shutdown bottom on mac in order to restart my computer. This is the second time it happens and I'm very disappointed it happened like this. I tried the pre-trial of this game and it didn't give me much issues including exiting of the game except for minor lagging. So I'm wondering what is wrong with this and please help me solve this. I really want to continue to play the game. Thank you.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 26, 17 2:25 AM
Thank you for all of your replies to my asking for help.
Finally discovered one needs a mouse to play this game. As I'm using a laptop, I don't own a mouse and am not going to buy one just for this game...
Shame as I love these adventure point and click games.

[Post New]by kiacker on Aug 27, 17 12:11 PM
Ugh! Was playing this game and everything was running great. Then I get into the room with the reflectors and laser - except there is no laser beam showing up. It turned on initially when I solved the light panel puzzle, but then it disappeared. If I move the first reflector downwards, the laser beam appears to project from it towards the floor, then it disappears as I rotate the reflector slightly upwards. There is no beam from the laser to the first reflector at all. I've tried to "guess" the positions of the reflectors without the beam, but it's no use.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit with the latest video drivers and versions of flash & shockwave. Have deleted then reinstalled the game as suggested in the posts here, tried different settings, etc, but nothing has fixed it. Have been working on trying to solve this for the past week and am very frustrated I bought a game that I can't play!!!

Help!
Kiacker

[Post New]by sugarcitygirl on Aug 31, 17 12:57 PM
I really look forward to these types of games, but my computer randomly shut off after about 2 minutes of gameplay and continued doing this no matter what I tried.

I emailed tech support, who issued me a free game coupon. I replied with the question that I would like to know what it was about my system that caused the game not to work. They acknowledged my problem and thanked me for sending the Dr. Felix report, and then issued me another free game coupon, and that was it. haha

So, I looked up the game elsewhere, and found graphics minimum requirements included on the specs. Big Fish may want to consider doing that in the future, especially with more graphics-intensive games. This could minimize the tech issues reported. I have an AMD Radeon 4600 series graphics card, which was released in 2008, so it is fairly old. The minimum requirement shown for this game is Nvidia Geforce 8800GT, which is more comparable to the AMD Radeon HD 4830 to 7730, so mine won't cut it.

I still appreciate Big Fish for issuing the free game coupons and remain a big fan, but I figured I would put this out there in case someone else came to this forum looking for answers to the same issue I had.

[Post New]by kiacker on Sep 3, 17 6:31 PM
I emailed tech support and received a rapid response back. The minimum requirements for this game include a CPU 2.5 GHz or better. Mine is 2.4 and apparently that's not enough to run the game. I suspect that even though I have an updated video driver, that isn't enough either. I will be double-checking game requirements before purchasing from here on out!

I did receive a coupon for a replacement game, so even tho I can't play Subject 13, I'll pick up a different game to play.
kiacker

Go to: