peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Apr 28, 10 8:17 AM
I had to give up on this one. Stopped to go to forums and came back and had to start all over.??? Some objects were very hard to see and I have brand new glasses. The music was absolutely annoying. The only thing I liked about this was it reminded me of my last cruise and that I really need to book another! This one's a no buy for me. I'll wait for something brain challenging instead of eye straining.

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Apr 28, 10 8:23 AM
i cant even get started lol i click on the items nothing happens any suggestions?
i really want to play this game
thanks

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 28, 10 9:13 AM
I like the game and I've bought it after playing the demo.
The room /environment graphics are quite nice but the characters are not done quite as well.
The conversations and comments are frequent but not too intrusive (not voice acted) - maybe a bit basic but overall helpful.
I also like the tropical music. I usualy turn it way down but it was a pleasant background that added to the atmosphere.
A good value for the price.

glocal
Flounder
Flounder
2,408 Posts

[Post New]by glocal on Apr 28, 10 11:05 AM
I like the game so far (didn't finish demo as of yet.) I do like the graphics. Music doesn't bother me. As said previously I did find the coffee cup on the ground weird, could have been on a table.

I had to go back and realize in the puzzle I had to hold down the left side of mouse and turn it with the right side! I should have read how to do it in the first place.

I will think about this a bit before I commit as I am really looking for two more games to buy before the end of month. Have to get used to going to the flickering places to find things. I really wish they would go away when everything that is there is found.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Apr 28, 10 11:15 AM
Does anyone know where the screwdriver is at the helm? I can't repair the panel without it.

Victoria5
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Victoria5 on Apr 28, 10 11:46 AM
I don't get it -- I had a phone call so I stopped playing the demo but when I went back I had to start an entirely new game -- what's up with that? Why can't you pick up where you left off? And, I love a good HOG but some of these Hidden Objects are way to small. I don't think this is a keeper for me --

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 28, 10 11:59 AM
A game with potential, the good and not so good -- BUT. I played 55 minutes of the game and got as far as the mini-game where you have to line up circuit board wires to start the navigation system. There is were potential comes in -- no instructions for this mini-game.

The Good (Likes) and Not so Good (Not like so much) -- -- This is a fairly simple hidden object game -- a no brainer, most of the time. However, sometimes the objects are so large that they "jump out" at you. Other times, the objects are hidden behind objects or they partly fall off the screne. This game has interaction -- good, BUT you don't always know what you're interacting with. This game has mini-games, good, BUT sometimes you're given fairly good instructions and other times, none at all. For seasoned players, this may not be a problem, for others, you guess through trail and error. You have a pretty generous hint system, good, BUT the compass, designed to let you know if you're close to an object in more of a distraction than a help. Sound, I don't usually listen. For this game, I turned it off right away. Sounds more like noise they music. Mini-games that I played -- find the differences, put a puzzle together, and line up the circuit board wires -- were not difficult, BUT no skip button.

My Take -- This is a so-so hidden object game. I give it and 1/2 out of 5. OK to try to kill some time, but not a purchase for me.

Edited on 04/28/2010 at 12:40:20 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 28, 10 1:12 PM
If a game doesn't have skip option for puzzles or an un-timed option, I won't buy it. I won't risk buying a game I may not be able to finish.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 28, 10 1:34 PM
sullysdragons wrote:Does anyone know where the screwdriver is at the helm? I can't repair the panel without it.

it's up in one of the the windows... has a red handle..

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 28, 10 1:46 PM
so... blue's clues goes on a cruise... only they left the dog at home... oh wait! that was mr. biscuits! if you had thrown in the lovable pug, i might have been able to say this game wasn't half bad... too many memories coming at me from different games... first was, of course, mr. biscuits... then the music took me back to where we had discussed another game's music as being likened to what one might be subjected to while having a root canal... the root canal being the only thing that made the music better... the cookie cutter people and weak dialogue took me back to mysteryville... and the junk thrown all over the place, well, that just reminded me of all the bad HOGs i've played over the years... guess you probably have figured out by now that i really didn't care for this one... the junk searches and easy puzzles all set to muzak your mother-in-law would love did not inspire me to go out and win the day for thefts of the rich and famous...

for those of you who are enjoying this game - bon chance!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 28, 10 1:48 PM
Sante001 wrote: got as far as the mini-game where you have to line up circuit board wires to start the navigation system. There is were potential comes in -- no instructions for this mini-game.

actually, a little blurb came up for me telling me to click on the pieces and they would turn 90 degrees... i was just glad it wasn't a swap - hated that in another game i played recently!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 28, 10 2:09 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:If a game doesn't have skip option for puzzles or an un-timed option, I won't buy it. I won't risk buying a game I may not be able to finish.

You can`t skip the first jigsawpuzzle, thats right, but you can use hints for the "find-the-difference"-minigame. The game has an untimed mode, its not timed.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Apr 28, 10 2:59 PM
ember89 wrote:
sullysdragons wrote:Does anyone know where the screwdriver is at the helm? I can't repair the panel without it.

it's up in one of the the windows... has a red handle..

Thanks, I've got 5 minutes left and didn't want to waste it looking for the durn thing. I won't be buying this and I knew that would bug me.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Apr 28, 10 3:31 PM
OK that whole shimmy shimmy ko ko bop thing EVERY object does when you find it was enough to turn me off after 3 scenes! That's REALLY irritating. 2 mouse buttons to put together a stupid puzzle? Um NO. And no skip? 6 min is all I need to tell me NO SALE on this one. The HOs aren't even "hidden" to me. That's too EZ, but w/ all the confusion about the minigames, it wouldn't be a good HOG for a beginner, either. Music was irksome looping touristy island fare & even tho I'm in the habit of turning it way down low b4 starting, it was still loud. Too many cut scenes & it's not like it's to wait on fabby graphix. The scene in a scene things kept sparkling after you'd found everything in them, making you think maybe you'd missed something. When you're done, it should cease flashing at you.

They can keep their dirty cup of coffee....not even for a DD.

[Post New]by DBGIRL on Apr 28, 10 4:07 PM
biomix wrote:Oh Come on BF! Give us a break! The music is annoying, too easy,
and when I got to the picture puzzles, well, I've been doing them for years and I could not flip the pieces. No instructions or skip, just pause.

Someone didn't put enough effort into this one.

For the puzzles you have to hold down right mouse key and click on the left mouse key to get them to turn.

Edited on 04/28/2010 at 4:08:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Dinointhesun on Apr 28, 10 5:14 PM
Was looking foward to playing with the ocean scene - but I couldn't even get started with the frist search - I would click on the item and it would not pick it up -nor even when I use the search just to see if it would get it started - yeah no way - but from what I could see for the first screen - items way too easy to find -

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 28, 10 5:27 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:
Itsupikachu wrote:If a game doesn't have skip option for puzzles or an un-timed option, I won't buy it. I won't risk buying a game I may not be able to finish.

You can`t skip the first jigsawpuzzle, thats right, but you can use hints for the "find-the-difference"-minigame. The game has an untimed mode, its not timed.

Eisteepfirsich,

Thank you for the tip! I guess I will try the demo after all!!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 28, 10 6:36 PM
After so many bad reviews, I wasn't expecting much but I really like this game. I don't think finding the hidden objects is too easy at all, in fact some of them are rather challenging to me and not because they're incredibly tiny, just well placed. And I actually like that compass, I find it handy that it turns red when you're done with an area. The hour demo went by in a snap and I'm definitely buying this one.

And come on, who doesn't like cats and jewelry, which there are a lot of in this game.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Apr 28, 10 6:40 PM
nancymc wrote:Kimba---on the picture bit...hold down the left and flip the right on your mouse

I have a MAC running a PC emulator and my mouse doesn't have a right click... I can push on the left side of the mouse, but if I hold that down, pushing on the right side doesn't do anything.

Is there a key on the key board you think I could use to emulate a "right click". If not, I can't do the puzzle and am therefore permanently stuck in this game!

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Apr 28, 10 7:55 PM
Too easy and boring but the graphics are good.
No buy for me

Nouni

Go to: