Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by TIGGERboy31 on Aug 12, 17 7:40 AM
Help? The game is too large for the screen even though my big screen tv is my monitor. I can't see what is on the edges, left and right. I tried to cancel the fullscreen tab but it said my device isn't set up to do that.
If this can't be fixed, can I return it for another game? I have bought and played many games happily on my screen in the past.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by NanaShirls48 on Aug 12, 17 10:21 AM
Hello Fishie Helper, First of all I want to thank you for the excellent advice you and the other techs have been giving us players. I am using windows 10 and I did not see this problem in the forum. As I clicked on "Lenore" to run it, I noticed in the background ALL of my desk top icons disappeared except for the game manager I was using. I had no problems playing the preview game, but when I closed the game, sure enough all of my icons were gone. I did solve the problem on my own by using a restore point, but wanted to know if anyone else comes up with this glitch and if you knew why this would happen in the first place? I love the Edgar Allan Poe's series and want to buy it, but am a bit scared to do so now. Thank you for any informational help you can give me.

[Post New]by MeBopus on Aug 12, 17 2:29 PM
I also can't get back to the desk to enter the code.

bfgBeruna
629 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 12, 17 4:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to offer some help.

hidnseekr: There are a number of reasons a coupon code might not work. I recommend taking a look at the help page below for some helpful suggestions.

Using Coupon Codes

To those who cannot return to the desk: When a game encounters a progression block, we often advise approaching it as a potential display issue.

I'd recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Since the driver controls how the computer's graphics and game interact, installing a new version can sometimes fix what's gone wrong. It can also be useful to run the game in Administrator Mode. This ensures the game will have the permissions it needs to access all of its necessary resources.

The help pages below will contain instructions for both processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Should these steps not work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide another solution.

Thanks for your understanding. PM me or another active moderator should further questions arise, too. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Re Cannot continue game

[Post New]by teniente552 on Aug 12, 17 9:24 PM
having the same issue. very frustrating. Please help.
fireeyes5 wrote:game won't let me get back to the desk with the blue letters to do the mini game, I've got the code. I cannot do anything else. There are also 4 other people under the comments with same problem.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 12, 17 10:24 PM
Does anyone care that we cannot finish this game due to not being able to get the buttons to move on...cannot get to desk to do anything else at all in this game. Maybe we all need our money back except we get a game credit worth $6.99 and spent $13.99 to buy game?????

[Post New]by sandrachmiel on Aug 13, 17 2:26 AM
I feel the same way, fireeyes5

[Post New]by sabinepranjic on Aug 13, 17 2:57 AM
Same problem with me. Can not get the buttons and I don't want a refund. I want to play the game until the end. That's the sense of playing.

[Post New]by greenwhite99 on Aug 13, 17 5:15 AM
I'm very angry about buying a game that I can't finish. Many People have the same Problem of not being able to return to the desk to retrieve the Buttons. But Bigh Fish seems indifferent about it. I want my Money back!!

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by RasmusB on Aug 13, 17 7:05 AM
For the third time I have got a corrupt save game message, in 5 days, so i have to start over againg for the third time in 4 days. I will, ofcourse not, do that, so how can my corrupt save game be fixed, and if not, I want a full refund.

Edited on 08/13/2017 at 7:06:14 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
2,549 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 13, 17 2:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response as well as for your time in reporting what you have experienced while playing Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition. It sounds like players are having trouble with a specific portion of the game, and I wanted to provide some suggested steps as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

The first thing I recommend is for players to cross reference the in-game Strategy Guide solution to the spot in the game where the buttons are located. This will help determine if there is a technical issue that the following steps can assist or if there are more steps to take before progressing in the game.

If there appears to be a technical issue with the game or if following the steps in the strategy guide doesn't seem to work, what I recommend is to see if providing the game further permissions in Windows will assist with resolving that progression issue. If you'd like to try those steps, the following article discusses how to run a game as an Administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

RasmusB, I'm sorry to hear that the game has been having trouble saving or having a corrupt save issue. What I recommend doing to try and prevent this from happening in the future are some suggested steps in the following linked article, which has helped players with saving issues in the past:

Game not Saving

If the suggested steps above do not seem to assist or if you'd like additional assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. That report could be instrumental in determining what is occurring with that portion of the game, and I want to thank everyone in advance for their patience while waiting on our Reps to reply to their request.

Thank you for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by callaghan21 on Aug 13, 17 3:13 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Can't access the desk to input the code to get the buttons. Seems as though you have posted solutions for Windows user but I'm a Mac user. I purchased this game with my 2 credits so am extremely upset that I can't move forward and if there is no resolution I want my 2 credits back.

[Post New]by MelissaMF on Aug 13, 17 4:10 PM
Same problem as Westielover, MaryAnn3935, Fireeyes5, and probably others. At end of main game, can't get back to desk to get buttons for the window. Have code. Frustrated. Thank you.

missyfiske

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MelissaMF on Aug 13, 17 4:12 PM
MeBopus wrote:I also can't get back to the desk to enter the code.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 13, 17 11:14 PM
Big Fish seems to keep offering advice that does not work! Why don't you contact the maker of this game and discuss this problem so they can fix it instead of the same advice over and over that does not work. This game has a glitch. Tried what you have said and it does not work!!!! I do not even want to start over because I think I should not have to try and uninstall this game. When a game is put on the market it should have been tested and should work for us consumers. This is a collector's edition and we do not get our full money back if you offer us 1 game credit. Can it be possible it is not our computer and it is the game. Who would think???? I followed that part of the strategy guide and that is not a solution either. I too am using Windows 10, my drivers are up to date and all I get when I use hint is "must move on" etc. Even the map does not show there is anything to do anywhere else.

Edited on 08/13/2017 at 11:28:18 PM PST

ARIA32462
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ARIA32462 on Aug 14, 17 6:27 AM
I totally agree with fireeyes! I am tired of spending the money on games that can not be finished because of technical problems. I too used 2 credits to get this game.

[Post New]by Soloact on Aug 14, 17 7:07 AM
I too can't get to the desk to put in the code. $13.99 down the drain, how about Big Fish fixing the problem with an update.

[Post New]by bjfunnymonkey on Aug 14, 17 8:00 AM
westielover wrote:I too cant get back to the desk to enter the code. Seems to be an issue with quite a few people as there are different posts about this problem. Frustrating when you ant continue with a game you have purchased

I too am having this problem and I too have paid for this game!

RIHope08
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Aug 14, 17 8:20 AM
2nd game on Big Fish that I can not continue. I remember patches for these problems came quickly, now it is taking longer. WHY? It is the buttons for window game.
As a wise ginger man once said "Not the buttons"!!!

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Aug 14, 17 12:24 PM
I cannot get this to install, let alone play it. I hope the developer is looking into these problems. I have no problems with any game, but this one. Will wait for an updated version.

Go to: