Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by stitch619 on Aug 20, 17 9:16 AM
Same problem with tree ... clicking on it shuts down the game. I'm on a Mac using OS X Sierra.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by fevis1 on Aug 20, 17 9:36 AM
Thank you!!! I did it and it worked!!

[Post New]by MEEEEOOOOW on Aug 20, 17 10:09 AM
Same here window 10 error and close when going to tree by well. any suggestions how to fix?

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madyad on Aug 20, 17 11:12 AM
Error: Access violation at 0x77C92138 (tried to write to 0x000A0FFC), program terminated.
windows 10, can download, can't open

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 20, 17 11:54 AM
@madyad. Try this-
Current fix for games that won't play, due to windows 10
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madyad on Aug 20, 17 1:14 PM
@ sazoria, thanks; i have used this fix successfully in past but not working this time

[Post New]by XCalburLdy on Aug 20, 17 3:49 PM
I am getting the runtime error as well by the well. I attached to hook and can't go back to the tree . Can we please get a fix on this I can't progress in the game. Not happy as this is my favorite series. Using windows 7 and all drivers and graphics card are up to date.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Aug 20, 17 5:11 PM
fevis1 wrote:the game crashes when I go to the tree near the well with the horse after I attached the hook to the chain and throw it in. I get a runtime error. I use a PC with Windows 7

Same for me -- on a MacBook Air with Sierra 10.12.6

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by briteyz on Aug 20, 17 7:57 PM
jaylake wrote:HI

Same issue at the well on Windows 10.

But it doesn't matter if I connect the hook first or not. Please fix or refund.

[Post New]by scoobydoo2272 on Aug 20, 17 11:03 PM
Also received a Runtime Error at the tree by the stables. First I completed the tree and lock puzzles. The tree showed another item in the tree. Clicked on magnifying glass and was kicked out with the runtime error.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Aug 20, 17 11:41 PM
FunIt wrote:Same issue with the tree at the well. Windows 7.

I'm having the same issue with the tree at the well. I've had it crash out twice in a row now. Quitting for the night and hoping to have an answer soon.

[Post New]by morriswidow on Aug 21, 17 12:28 AM
Same problem with the tree! Please sort this out as very frustrating when you spend a lot of money for these games and when you get errors like this it takes ages to fix them. Come on Big Fish!!!!

[Post New]by MEEEEOOOOW on Aug 21, 17 1:45 AM
My second post I have tried everything including uninstalling but same thing the tree by the well please can I have a refund to pick another game.

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on Aug 21, 17 2:42 AM
the hint button is not working on this game. eyes are green, but not hint underneath.??? i would not buy this game in view of all the problems it appears to have.

[Post New]by tweakycrow53 on Aug 21, 17 5:32 AM
windows 10 and same issue at the well I have tried all suggestions but still crashes. I hope there is a fix soon. I have quite a few games I can't play because of tech issues

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Aug 21, 17 11:47 AM
sullysdragons wrote:
FunIt wrote:Same issue with the tree at the well. Windows 7.

I'm having the same issue with the tree at the well. I've had it crash out twice in a row now. Quitting for the night and hoping to have an answer soon.

In looking at all the posts about this problem, it is obvious that it isn't related to which version of Windows one is using. This is definitely a tech problem with the game itself. If we don't get reassurance that it is being worked on soon, a lot of us (myself included) will be asking for a refund.

liz3010
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by liz3010 on Aug 21, 17 12:06 PM
Had no trouble with game but cannot find the Bonus Chapter anywhere!!!

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Aug 21, 17 1:31 PM
I have tried every option that BFG has suggested, and so far none of them have worked. I bought this game, so BFG I would like a refund of a coupon for a free game. Your choice.

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Aug 21, 17 1:43 PM
fevis1 wrote:the game crashes when I go to the tree near the well with the horse after I attached the hook to the chain and throw it in. I get a runtime error. I use a PC with Windows 7

I have exactly the same issue. Cannot continue.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 21, 17 1:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences while playing Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition. It sounds like there is a crash or access violation error occurring at a very specific point in the game, and that our previous suggestions were unable to assist for some of our players. Since this seems to be affecting players across platforms as well, I am going to go ahead and make sure that the teams behind the game are aware of the issues reported here.

Thank you for your patience and for following up here to let us know that in some instances, our suggested steps were unable to resolve this issue. We've passed along this thread and other associated threads and details to the right teams. If the Forum Moderation Team is provided any information regarding this investigation or an update, we'll be certain to provide an announcement for our players in the forums. Thank you for your patience while this is investigated further.

If you are a player who is experiencing the game crashing when you go to the tree near the well and attach a hook, we would definitely like to learn more about what you've experienced so that we can investigate this issue further. Players that would like to help our investigation can contact our Technical Support Team with a description of what they are experiencing. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: