Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:8th Castle Challenge - start date Aug 20, 2017

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 19, 17 11:29 PM
playingthegame wrote:Perusing is necessary as I have yet another 5 day holiday planned
Ah well!
Hmmmmm....... sounds like you have too much coin in your real life.......heehee....

Soooo happy you are able to get away again.....hopefully it is someplace equally nice.....we will be off to a wedding for a few days, but fortunately, it is in the middle of the CC, so I think I will be able to catch up.....we'll see.

akge
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by akge on Aug 20, 17 12:06 AM
This one seems more doable than the previous one. At the Devs appear to be trying to minimize our boredom while waiting for an update.

Kae

Oh, and I like the avatars too! Especially Merlin.

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 1:01:04 AM PST

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Aug 20, 17 12:39 AM
I'm confused about day 27 in earning 500 coin in sending airships. Never have kept track, do we get coin from that (should have noticed)? And does any coin from a DQ or Trina accomplished that includes sending ships also apply?

Love the Avatars, going for the Wizard for sure!

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Aug 20, 17 2:22 AM
Czoe wrote:I'm confused about day 27 in earning 500 coin in sending airships. Never have kept track, do we get coin from that (should have noticed)? And does any coin from a DQ or Trina accomplished that includes sending ships also apply?

Love the Avatars, going for the Wizard for sure!

You receive 15 coins for every item you pack in a crate. You don't see and pick up the coins, they just get added to your total. Coins from a DQ or Trina would not count but if they ask for airships to be sent that day, you can "kill" 2 or 3 birds with one stone.

Also going to try and get the Wizard.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Aug 20, 17 6:23 AM
Thank you Bemused123!

I appreciate the info, and am bumping this thread up because of all the weekend spam. (Please don't hurt me, mods). Others need to see Tiramasue's excellent list, to plan their strategy.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Aug 20, 17 6:33 AM
So, this is what I miss when I don't play later in the day!! I usually open my game in the evening to do that set of gifts between GMT and midnight. But I forgot yesterday, so now I'm behind. The first challenge is usually easy, and looking at your list, I see that I'll easily be able to catch up. YAY! I'm glad there's a new challenge. I think they're fun, even on the hard days.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Aug 20, 17 7:59 AM
Just don't be lulled into a sense of false security !! This CC to me is harder than the last one !! The Airships alone are daunting, and the 2 gentlemen on the dice games were my hardest one's to beat !!! Do as many HOS's as you can every day !!
Good luck to all,
Betslou41

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Aug 20, 17 10:34 AM
Czoe wrote:Thank you Bemused123!

I appreciate the info, and am bumping this thread up because of all the weekend spam. (Please don't hurt me, mods). Others need to see Tiramasue's excellent list, to plan their strategy.

I agree with you which is why I am posting this. With the list, players can plan.

[Post New]by Elinowy on Aug 20, 17 10:55 AM
Thanks for the list of challenges, Tirama Sue--very helpful!

This is my very first castle challenge, and for all you experts out there, I'm curious--what's with the 24-hour timer?

I didn't see the new CC until late in the evening yesterday, so I finished the first task around 7:30pm. I figured once I completed it the next task would immediately open, or at the very least it would open at midnight, the start of the next day. Nope. Instead, I got a timer showing me I have to wait a full 24 hours before the next task even becomes available to do. Which means I can't even start on the second task until late this evening.

I'm a little confused--how can you possibly get through all thirty tasks in thirty days if you have to wait a full 24 hours after finishing a task before the next one even becomes available to do? It seems to me you'd run out of time, not because you couldn't do them, but because the tasks don't unlock quickly enough.

Am I missing something here? I'd love to hear from those who have done the CCs before.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 20, 17 11:34 AM
Elinowy wrote:Thanks for the list of challenges, Tirama Sue--very helpful!

This is my very first castle challenge, and for all you experts out there, I'm curious--what's with the 24-hour timer?
Am I missing something here? I'd love to hear from those who have done the CCs before.

Midnight Castle Runs on it's own time. GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). When GMT is midnight the new Daily Quest with the Gnomes reset and that's when Castle Challenges and other events start and end.

You know when the new day starts (countdown to GMT) by looking at the timer under the gnomes daily quest icon. For someone like me in Central Time Zone in Day Light Savings (CDT - Central Daylight Time) the new day starts at 7:00 pm.

You cannot jump around or skip ahead in the Castle Challenge. You MUST complete each task in the exact order they are unlocked. One new one unlocks each day. You can take as long as you need to finish each task (days if needed) - as long as they are completed in order (task 1 before task 2, task 2 before task 3, etc.). All 30 tasks must be completed by the end of the last day of the CC.

There are exceptions in a few instances. Task #6 is craft 15 items in 30 minutes, task #15 is earn 3000 coins in 4 hours. It's ok if your a day, two, or several behind. When you get to these task the count down begins when you craft your first item or earn your first set of coins after completing the previous task.

The most difficult will be task #29 because you do have to complete placing 50 HOS items into Zoom Zones and you have to do it in 24 hours. So you should try to be caught up with all castle challenge tasks by that date (September 17th).

Many tasks are easy. So if you fall a day or few behind, you can catch back up in one day. During the Spring Castle Challenge I started one game 7 days behind and did all 7 tasks the same day and was caught up - reiterating that you MUST do each task in order.

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 11:36:26 AM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Aug 20, 17 12:11 PM
HINT to the Mods and Devs!! Please let us buy another airship package!! I know I griped about the last one, but bought it anyway........need another package......still having trouble with my games and its REALLY hard to do rounds to stock up on airship items.

In fact..........more than one package to buy would be GREAT!!

Pretty please with sugar on it!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 20, 17 12:25 PM
Bemused123 wrote:
You receive 15 coins for every item you pack in a crate. You don't see and pick up the coins, they just get added to your total. Coins from a DQ or Trina would not count but if they ask for airships to be sent that day, you can "kill" 2 or 3 birds with one stone.
Actually, you do see the coins.....but you have to be looking for them......when you put the check mark in the box, there will be a "coin count" faded looking popup that will float to the top of your screen where your "bank" is.....If you packed a box that had 23 items in it, for instance, you would see 276 coins float to the top. ...... Most people miss it, so they don't know that they are getting coins for packing the crates.

And....Day 16 says to PACK 9 crates for airships..... you can actually pack the crates, but not send the airship.....it can go off on its own, but you still get the credit for the CC because you got credited when you put the check mark in the box..... you could even just pack 2 of the crates and let it go off when the timer is up so you don't have to pack that one crate that is asking you for something you are low on.....but, you would want to do this when there are only a few hours left before it leaves the dock. Not sure it would be recommended when it has immediately returned unless it was the last 3 you packed and you want to have it wait before it leaves.

However, Day 27 says to "earn 500 coins by sending airships" ... so, while you will get the coins when you pack.....I don't think you would be credited for the CC unless you actually SEND the airship.....Edited to add.....during the CC #3, the wording was the same and you got CC credit when they were packed....no need to send.... pointed out by TiramaSue in a post further down.

Edited on 08/23/2017 at 8:09:03 PM PST

Lola51
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Lola51 on Aug 20, 17 5:57 PM
I'm fairly new to the game and have finished two Castle Challenges. Which I really enjoyed. But how do you know when the next Castle Challenge will be? After the last challenge I have just been checking in daily to receive my daily gift, spin the wheel, and visit Trina, so am really low on money and diamonds. If I would have known this challenge was coming I would have been storming the castle. Or is that the fun of it? I should be storming the castle daily?

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Aug 20, 17 7:46 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:HINT to the Mods and Devs!! Please let us buy another airship package!! I know I griped about the last one, but bought it anyway........need another package......still having trouble with my games and its REALLY hard to do rounds to stock up on airship items.

In fact..........more than one package to buy would be GREAT!!

Pretty please with sugar on it!

I would like to buy airship items package again, too. More than one.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 20, 17 8:20 PM
Lola51 wrote:I'm fairly new to the game and have finished two Castle Challenges. Which I really enjoyed. But how do you know when the next Castle Challenge will be? After the last challenge I have just been checking in daily to receive my daily gift, spin the wheel, and visit Trina, so am really low on money and diamonds. If I would have known this challenge was coming I would have been storming the castle. Or is that the fun of it? I should be storming the castle daily?

They don't give us any schedule when the events or challenges will occur. We can guestimate based on how long between previous challenges and when the previous Fall, Winter, and Spring Events started.

Best thing you can do is always have enough supplies on hand so when one starts you'll be ready.

Lola51
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Lola51 on Aug 20, 17 9:38 PM
Thank you Silver Hawk. Guess I will start to storm castle daily to keep up inventory.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 21, 17 12:42 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot for the list TSue, always so useful!!

I also had the feeling this one could be more relaxing than the previous one, but that's only a first impression and of course the "luck" parts are always so tricky.

My little game will try to go for the first part (level 22, at work, and away for a week, cannot do more I think!) but I am definitely going for the CC on my main game as I want to try and get that Merlin avatar!

Good luck to all of us!

Edited on 08/21/2017 at 12:43:01 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 23, 17 8:23 AM
Regarding task #27:

We had this task in castle challenge #3. You will get credit for completing the task when you have packed enough crates to earn 500 coins (you receive 15 coins for each item).

So, since the remainder of the challenge doesn't involve any airship tasks, if you are running low on airship items, depending on your airship, you may be able to complete this by packing only 1 or 2 crates. You can then let the airship sit there and depart on its own when its timer runs out.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 23, 17 8:07 PM
When I first read this challenge.....I thought the "by sending airships" had been added....so, I was thinking that even though you get the coins when you pack the crates that you still had to send the airships to get credit for the Castle Challenge....

But, I looked back at CC #3 and it had the same wording......and yes, when we packed the ships....we got the coins .... AND we got the credit for the CC .... without the need to actually send the airship.

So, I see no reason for it to be different this go around......

Thanks for noticing that and pointing it out, TiramaSue

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Aug 23, 17 9:06 PM
I just noticed that both daily quest items are "send parts", so whatever DQ you get will count. No waiting for 3 or 5 or 10 part quests to come up. I hope that's a permanent change in how they do the castle challenges.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Go to: