Re:asking for update that is available?

[Post New]by frankmeadows on Aug 24, 17 4:22 PM
asking for Update that is available

Re:asking for update that is not available?

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Aug 25, 17 7:01 AM
I don't know if anybody else has this, but all the islands I cannot visit have Smoky in their name. That is just weird. Everybody else I can visit.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 25, 17 9:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry there's been trouble reaching friends' islands, and I want to touch base on the topics being discussed here. As bfgIlinalta wrote earlier in this thread, receiving a directive to update the game when the update has been downloaded or when there's no update available likely means that your friend's game is on a different version. Until the friend updates their game, their island can't be visited.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM one of the active Moderators or me with any more questions. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Aug 25, 17 10:07 AM
But it's not all about the latest version because inactive islands can still be visited that are two updates back, it's about how this last update may or may not be compatible with the graphics on inactive islands and there in lies the confusion for people, we have no reason to go to dead islands but people want to know why they can.

Edited on 08/25/2017 at 10:08:10 AM PST

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Aug 25, 17 1:36 PM
Even more annoying is that these folks that are on my Friends or Followers that have not updated and are not accessible also can't be unfollowed/removed. So I am stuck with several folks I was following at one time that I can't unfollow because I can't go to their un-updated island.

I wish we had a function within the Friends / Followers tabs themselves that would let us remove or unfollow people. A little button with each player icon - click button to Remove / Unfollow

Edited on 08/25/2017 at 1:37:05 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Aug 25, 17 2:21 PM
That's exactly what I mean, you can still get to the inactive islands that you have no reason to go to but you can't get to the islands that you may have to unfollow, and now can't unfollow, of all the mucked up updates we have had this is one might take first place for the worst.

[Post New]by jwl8Lori on Aug 26, 17 7:46 AM
i have found I can visit the friends who have updated their games but not the ones who have not. I thought it was my game at first that needed updating but it isn't . unfortunately we'll see that message until all the players we follow or visit have updated. sighs

Go to: