ManuelCalavera
Shark
Shark
12,542 Posts

Re:Post any Deadtime Stories technical issues here only

[Post New]by ManuelCalavera on Apr 29, 10 4:02 PM
Anna1966 wrote:I too have had the access violation error with this game. This is getting really annoying as it has happed with the last three games I have tried to download. Titatic fateful voyage, Island lost medallion and now the above game. I have done everything from the help pages, have run a registry cleaner, added Big Fish to anti-virus, changed game manager setting to alternate method. I have no problem playing games from other sites. Do other fishies have this problem with the above game.
Thanks

Anna, this has happened to me on the exact same three games. I was even contacted by the developer of Island to test the stand alone game for him and it played just fine from their own site. I'm especially irked about Deadtime Stories. I'm not going to jump through hoops to get a game to play through the game manager - already bought it from the developer instead.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Apr 29, 10 4:14 PM
I am having problems aswell game keeps crashing, thats after it takes forever to load, the curser is slow and sluggish, i got kicked out of the game and when i started it up again it went back to the start not that i got very far, out of my 1hr demo played about 10mins.
I really would have liked to buy this game, but i have a few problems with games not playing. i have a couple half finished that i really cant be botherd to play anymore. I am getting pretty fed up spending money on games that have problems.

[Post New]by imogenie1019 on Apr 29, 10 4:41 PM
Here I go again. Another game with "Access Violation Error". And the help, didn't help.

[Post New]by bridaltrousseau on Apr 29, 10 4:54 PM
Error denial comes up on deadtime stories, Amelia Earhart, as well as other games lately. Don't know what the dilemma is but would like to play some games soon.

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Apr 29, 10 5:16 PM
I too am getting the access violation error. I played the game with no trouble earlier today. Now I can't get past the error. I agree - this is happening much too frequently through BFG. There has to be something wrong - too many people with same problem. My computer is new, up to date so none of the help support suggestions are of any help. Not a happy camper.

Anna1966
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Anna1966 on Apr 29, 10 5:42 PM
I have now downloaded it and bought it from another site and it works fine. This is obviously a problem with Big Fish site. Are they going to fix all these errors. I have been a member for years but am getting really tired of access violations from their games.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Apr 29, 10 6:35 PM
Wow is me.....on second potion and wouldn't you know it.....game froze. When I went back in all my hard earned ingredients were were missing from inventory!

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Apr 29, 10 7:00 PM
Every ten games for the last mmm four months just ONE doesn't work....I tried turning off firewall and reinstalling, but it didn't work this time.

[Post New]by ButterflysRfree2 on Apr 29, 10 7:24 PM
I installed~deleted~re-installed nothing finally deleted it again~~~went to had no problem getting it to download, unpack the resources and playing it for the hour. Now I just have to decide if I want to pay 13.99 over at I win or wait and see if Big Fish can fix there problem.

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 2:34:21 PM PST

[Post New]by buttermilk2 on Apr 29, 10 7:25 PM
I really wanted to like this game but I can't take the FLOATING cursor - why can't BF make it a rule to have the option of cutting off the custom cursor - IT IS TO MUCH TO ASK!

It is the only problem I had!

Anna1966
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Anna1966 on Apr 29, 10 7:45 PM
ButterflysRfree2 wrote:I installed~deleted~re-installed nothing finally deleted it again~~~went to I WIN had no problem getting it to download, unpack the resources and playing it for the hour. Now I just have to decide if I want to pay 13.99 over at I win or wait and see if Big Fish can fix there problem.

have it for $6.95. Sorry Big Fish but until you fix these issues we have to purchase from other sites.

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 2:34:01 PM PST

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Apr 29, 10 7:59 PM
Same problem here- played my demo with no problem, purchased game. Played for an hour and shut it down. Went to reopen it and it crashes on me. However, when I created a new player, it went right to the beginning with no problem. ARGH.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Apr 29, 10 9:17 PM
I am also having trouble with this game, or should I say, lack of it. I downloaded the trial, and it will not activate. Cannot delete it, I get a message that the game is already running.....but I have no picture, no sound, nada. Never had a problem like this before. Any suggestions, BF?

[Post New]by ButterflysRfree2 on Apr 29, 10 9:27 PM
Thanks Anna1966~~Heading over to to get it now

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 2:33:44 PM PST

slester
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by slester on Apr 29, 10 10:59 PM
damson11 wrote:I love this game !

I bought it the second I saw it ... I played very happily for over an hour and then quit the game ... I have just tried to play again and as soon as I press to continue playing I get a black screen and it says " Deadtime Stories.exe has stopped working " the black screen goes away and I'm taken back to the " thank you for playing " screen .. Any ideas on how to fix it please ?

Thanks

I'm also having the same problem. I'm running Windows Vista with IE7. I bought the game after the demo was up and was able to play for awhile longer (had to start from the begining). I closed the game and now when I try to play it again, I click on the Continue button on the Main Menu and it goes to a black screen and then error message that 'Deadtime Stories.exe has stopped working'. Can't play again and I really want to. I really like this game and knew I was going to buy it after 10 min into the demo.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Apr 29, 10 11:18 PM
YET ANOTHER FLOATING CURSOR!....Took 10mins to load then the floating cursor started,,,again......forget this game

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Apr 30, 10 12:21 AM
I agree with you all, the last months several games with problems, floating cursers, crashing computer, support team is very helpful but i did everything they suggested and still won t work. So i am going to try this game on another site, when it works fine it must be something with BF site

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Apr 30, 10 12:28 AM
played the demo for the hour, no probs, bought the game, it starts crashing, can I have my money back please!!!!!!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 30, 10 12:29 AM
Just putting this here in case anyone suffers the same problem.
I thought I had cursor problems as when it reached the top of the screen, the custom one stopped working and the computer cursor showed. I couldn't click on anything at the top as the game kept minimising. I then realised it is the new 'Vaio Gate' at the top of the desktop that was causing the issue. Shut that and all plays fine.
A fantastic game, so I hope you fishies can sort your tech issues and don't miss out on this gem.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 30, 10 1:52 AM
I haven't had any trouble with the game, because I can't download the demo! I first get a warning about the certificate, ignore that message and then get another error message saying the file has a virus!

Go to: