SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:Post any Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on May 5, 10 11:39 PM
I am getting the Access Violation error REPEATEDLY!!!!

[Post New]by eaglesnest196920 on May 6, 10 12:20 AM
NZBloke wrote:
isabellesmomster wrote:... Problem is, after playing the first time, going back in to play again it never pops up on the screen. When I press play again, it tells me there's already a game in progress and to end that game or restart my computer...

Exactly the same problem. My computer takes ages and ages to restart as well... Oh well,,, off to restart yet again...

I have only played the trial version but exact same problem. I also think it stinks you can't use a game credit to buy collector's editions, wish I'd have seen that somewhere on the download screen BEFORE I bought an extra credit thinking I would need it for this game. If it's in the terms of use or whatever, it is well hidden. No way will I pay $20 for something that doesn't work correctly. I'll be waiting and getting this from either GH or HP games after it's fixed.

[Post New]by lindababinda on May 7, 10 1:44 AM
I also got the "another game is playing..." message. Argh! Don't know what happened, I bought the game and played it twice today but suddenly got this message. Did mail off a message to Customer Service and hopefully get this resolved. Did anybody gets theirs resolved? I don't want $20 to go down the drain.

I can't uninstall, play another game, nothing. I miss playing games.

[Post New]by angelskiesblue on May 7, 10 6:12 AM
having the same issues as the people above, originally restarting the pc everytime you wanted to play was working but now I am unable to open the game and getting the another game already running issue or getting into the loading screen and getting the error message posted on the previous page. reinstalled the program which didn't work at solving the issue

have a screen shot if that helps?

rather frustrating to say the least!

Edited on 05/07/2010 at 6:13:43 AM PST

ratpack
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ratpack on May 7, 10 11:32 AM
I was having the same "access error" crash as everyone else and it wouldn't play. Windows recommended I upgrade my Adobe Flash Player. I did that and played the demo fine, no problems for the whole hour. Now I'm just sad about waiting until I can buy it.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 7, 10 11:50 AM
Hi fishies,

If you are getting the Access Violation error you may want to try updating your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The good thing is almost all of these updates are free! Here is a link to our help article with more information Access Violation

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by orlandomiki on May 7, 10 1:39 PM
I bought this the day it came out...No problems what so ever....I am almost to the end and the game has played just fine...It was my first CE as I had to have it NOW...I think those of you having problems must have some kind of problem with your computer....Don't know what that would be but I am sure it is an easy fix...Good luck...I know you will love the game once you get it going..

[Post New]by angelskiesblue on May 7, 10 11:16 PM
the problem with the whole oh it must be your computer is the game worked fine until recently got to week 8 and now can't play it at all?!

[Post New]by orlandomiki on May 8, 10 6:50 PM
I am on Tuesday of week 9....

[Post New]by dawndawn43 on May 9, 10 9:58 PM
I cannot get the pie machine to take the pineapple so I can make the pies. It will take the eggs and coconut. HELP

[Post New]by dawndawn43 on May 9, 10 10:07 PM
OK I see . They are sugarcane not pineapple. Got it. Thanks

nana4ever5
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nana4ever5 on May 9, 10 11:14 PM
I have played through the casual game twice without failing a level and still have not got the trophy for it. Has anyone else got that trophy?

[Post New]by mykidsrock101 on May 10, 10 5:48 AM
I have the same problem as isabellemomster. the screen is completely blank except for the graphics. Next, i close the game and then click to play it again but it shows the its already running or restart it. I restart it and try to play it, but it does the same thing. I just got the goats too

chiklit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by chiklit on May 10, 10 2:00 PM
I'm not getting the Access Violation error, but I have yet to see a solution for what is happening to me -- which is nothing. No picture, game not really running, time clock (free trial) not running. "Game running in the background" error when I try to restart.

However I, too, dislike the response "Well, it doesn't work because you need to update this or that." It sounds like an excuse; especially when the problem does not occur until you are already in playing the game and then something fails as appears to be happening to some people regarding this game.

So often I hear "You need to update this or that" regarding one new program while I am able to run lots of other games and programs -- new and old -- with no problems.

It's like some developers don't consider that not everyone can update their hardware or software on a whim.

Or even a video driver.

In my case, I am running the most up-to-date driver that I can for my system's video card because my monitor will not work correctly with the next video driver version (or two) up. I've tried and the images become grainy or blurred so I have to roll back to the older version.

To update my video driver, I would be forced to buy a new monitor for my computer -- which I cannot afford to do right now.

But that's essentially what this "go update your video driver" is saying to me. "Go buy a new computer monitor so that you can update your video driver to the new whiz-bang one we are using in our development."

So I am forced to pass on a few of the new games that come out requiring the "most current" of everything.

It doesn't make sense to me, but I guess that's life in game development.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on May 11, 10 2:48 AM
Game is already running when it's not doesn't seem to be a video problem as game runs fine. Waiting... waiting... I wrote to help at creators site and got a suggestion back quickly. I wrote back to say I had tried that and thanked them for the idea and also one of the best games around. Asked for any other ideas... no response yet...

I faintly, faintly remember the same thing happening a long, long time ago and the fix was deleting one little file the the game had put somewhere. Deleted it and all was fine... Does anyone else remember that? Maybe the game creators could look into this.... This is such a shame as the actual game is AWESOME!!! Well done!!!

...(heads off to spend the next few minutes shutting down and restarting the computer so I can play again)

pam1500
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by pam1500 on May 11, 10 9:20 PM
I've also gotten the 'game is already playing' problem, when there's no indication that this is true. Restarting the PC clears it up, but I also found that bypassing the BFG game manager and going directly to the .exe file (on my PC it's in the Program Files folder) works. Maybe a glitch between the game manager and the game?

pam1500
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by pam1500 on May 11, 10 9:21 PM
nana4ever5 wrote:I have played through the casual game twice without failing a level and still have not got the trophy for it. Has anyone else got that trophy?

I have gotten the casual trophy.

[Post New]by Shay1872 on May 11, 10 10:21 PM
Tried Expert Level Friday Week 9 after uninstalling/reinstalling the game and still get the Access Error after a series of crop/soil deletions. All my drivers/Direct X are up to date and working correctly.

It's rather irritating when a poster comes into a tech thread with "My game is fine therefore your computer is broken" rubbish. There are several variables that can influence the way programs perform on a computer system however it makes little sense that one can play 90%+ of a game and it suddenly poop out on you, all factors being equal. Particularly when it's an error that occurs repeatedly and predictably.

Could it be my computer? Yes. Is it most likely? No.

[Post New]by DeepPool on May 13, 10 2:23 PM

nana4ever5 wrote:I have played through the casual game twice without failing a level and still have not got the trophy for it. Has anyone else got that trophy?

I, too, played through the casual level without failing and never got the trophy. Otherwise the game worked well on my computer.

[Post New]by sramming on May 13, 10 10:05 PM
as many people as there is having issues with this game. I really don't think its every1 computers. Yet bigfish has yet to give a direct answer to any post.... I have a brand new dell laptop inspiron so all my drivers are up to date. BIGFISH PLEASE FIX. I PAID FULL PRICE TO GET THIS GAME EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHATS UP

Go to: