Sweet, sweet little boy

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

Re:Sweet, sweet little boy

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 12, 17 6:20 AM
It's a boy. Circa turn of the previous century. I can't share with you here because we can't attach pics (which is just as well) but if you do an image search of little boy in 1900, you will see many with similar suits, half with short hair and half with a bob like he has and the buttons are on the same side as his. We're thinking from modern mindset to think he looks girly because of the bob and buttons. If you change the search to 1910, you'll see a rapid change. The boys go to short hair in that decade and the garb is more work/farm clothes. The devs did their research! Love it!

If you search little girl in 1900, you'll see the vast difference for that time period. Girl's dresses are lacy, even the plain dresses of the poorer have frills added and the hair is longer and curlier, lots of ringlets, and almost always some decoration in the hair, bows mainly but also some hats, but way fancier than this. Very decorated hats!

D-NY

Edited on 10/12/2017 at 6:29:09 AM PST

mumma_1
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Oct 12, 17 9:16 AM
I think so too unofrio, I have named him Little Boy Blue in my game. Blue for two reasons, one stating the obvious and two my late beautiful dog's eyes were just as blue and so was his name.

I think each game is as individual as each person and that's what makes it so much fun!

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 13, 17 7:40 AM
mumma_1 wrote:I think so too unofrio, I have named him Little Boy Blue in my game. Blue for two reasons, one stating the obvious and two my late beautiful dog's eyes were just as blue and so was his name.

I think each game is as individual as each person and that's what makes it so much fun!

True. And if anyone prefers to think girl, let them. Where's the harm in it? I just thought it was interesting how much research they must have done to get the right look for turn of the century children. Well, at least, they did an image search like me. Got to give devs credit for that.

Love the name. But I'm sorry you lost your dog. Know the feeling. Lost a cat after 18.5 years. 20 years ago and I still miss her.

D-NY

Go to: