Re:Players Suggested Improvements to GD

[Post New]by murgatroid_98 on Oct 9, 17 9:53 AM
I wish we could bank some of the lightning bolts left over when we successfully complete a level. Even one in five or one in ten. It's tough seeing those go away unused.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 16, 17 7:53 AM
I didn't know it was possible to delete entries from a topic so thanks for letting us know jules. Certainly makes sense in this topic in order to keep it tidy. I've deleted everything of mine which has been incorporated into the list. I'll come back and delete this one in a day or two

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 17, 17 5:45 AM
OOo_juies_oOO,

What a wonderful job on all the suggestions for a better GD!!! THANK YOU so very much. The only other suggestion is to get us PC Big Fish on par with the mobile players. One of the main ones is, we had the scratch tickets a couple years back but that is long gone.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 17, 17 9:40 AM
missbethann, I don't play the PC version very often so just went in to check on the scratch tickets. I got one as soon as I entered the city.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Dec 17, 17 10:37 AM
I'm copying this from a post I added this morning.

I have been playing a lot of the HH levels lately to try to get cards to play to augment my resources.

I have a question...what good does it do me to get all the power plays at the end of the level? Once we have gotten the required number of items, if there are extra moves, they are played out. But we get no points; we get no resources.

I've seen folks ask to turn in passport points for extra moves.

It would be really cool if we could "bank" those extra moves at the HH levels, since we get no benefit at all from them, other that a cool display with lots of movement. They could be then parceled out, 5 at a time, just as if we had purchased them, or spun them on the wheel.

Thanks for listening.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Dec 18, 17 11:01 PM
When we win a level and it exceeds the highest point score we get a pink crown on a gummy to let us know what we have achieved. I think it would be great to receive a reward such as coins say maybe 10 every time we beat our highest score. If not coins maybe a boost like a shovel or combo or even free resources. I have beat my highest point score numerous times and am underwhelmed by the pink crown. Whoopee. It really is not a reward.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 23, 17 7:53 PM
How 'bout one or two of the stickers on the wheel be replaced with some amount of as rewards. Maybe 25 or 50 . Could be the same amount on two or different amounts for both. But at least one of them can be a coin reward.

[Post New]by Margo152b on Dec 24, 17 3:57 PM
2 suggestions:
1. On the settings page, give option of playing on the current device or on the server. Sometimes switching devices doesn’t always give the choice.
2. Allow us to sell travel miles for coins.

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Frans58 on Dec 25, 17 4:29 AM
With respect to the 1/2/4 hours of extra play.
I suspect many people like me do not always have the time to play that amount of hours.

Why not instead give a number of extra lives (e.g. 10/20/40) (maybe combined with an expiration time).

Also it would be nice to have an indication in the city map if a level is a timed level (or a bomb level). I'm among the seniors and I'd like to use my 2 hrs of free play to do timed levels as I'm not as fast as the youngsters.

[Post New]by Woosywoosy1 on Dec 26, 17 4:33 AM
Thanks you Jules, you did it again, outlining the wishlist for the Gd team.
By the way, what is HH level?
I will spend a little time to erase the previous posts I had before 2018.
Wish me luck. I plan to try my luck with the Everett Challenge , hope it has 4 hours, I am willing to forget about catching up on work today while on vacation this week.
Mother-in-law (91 year old) is staying with us while her caregiver is off so we are not able to join for activities not at home so nothing else to do but work and play with my IPad. Merry Christmas everybody. The Best in 2018. Good Health and good GD playing.

[Post New]by Woosywoosy1 on Dec 27, 17 1:51 AM
Thanks Jules.
Just wasted my time trying to accomplish Everest Challenge, it is impossible.
Haves a good day.

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Frans58 on Dec 27, 17 9:19 AM
Yet another improvement suggestion.

It would be nice if you could use travel vouchers to skip a city that you find too hard.
Of course now you can travel to whatever place you want and finish it, but you cannot proceed to the next city. It would be nice if you could also proceed to subsequent cities.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 29, 17 5:29 AM
I would love it if the tab for the task menu on the right would not blink all the time. The only time it needs to blink on and off is when there are resources to empty from the marts. If we need to see what tasks still need to be completed we are smart enough to click that tab.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Jan 4, 18 7:52 AM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU GUMMY GODS!
I am so happy that I could ship to Toronto this morning from all 60+ cities without once waiting for the “prepare to travel” icon to finish! The “download all available content from wifi” button is one of the best improvements to the game so far! Love it!

Edited on 01/04/2018 at 8:14:41 AM PST

[Post New]by calliopejane on Jan 4, 18 8:36 PM
I KNOW YOU CAN USE CARDS TO GET RESOURCES ALREADY!!

Every time I check what I need to put up a building, or what a card "costs" to play it, that same reminder pops up and has to be closed!! I have played 7 cities, and if I had not managed to learn what the cards are for by now, I wouldn't be here at all, because I'd clearly be too stupid to even operate a computer. You have told me the cards can be played for resources at least 1000 times! It's like I'm stuck in a tutorial forever.

PLEASE take away that popup! Maybe have an option to "not show this again." Or just get rid of it after the first city; who wouldn't have gotten the point by then?

Edited on 01/04/2018 at 8:43:18 PM PST

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Jan 24, 18 5:25 PM
Gummy Drop! needs to find a way to give us PC players a User ID. If that is the key to getting tech help it seem that it should be a priority to the Dev's. Logic tells me that I should not have to go to another medium (Facebook) to get a User ID from a game I downloaded from Big Fish. And to have to start all over...NO! Took me 2 years to finish about 14 cities.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 24, 18 5:57 PM
missbethann wrote:Gummy Drop! needs to find a way to give us PC players a User ID. If that is the key to getting tech help it seem that it should be a priority to the Dev's. Logic tells me that I should not have to go to another medium (Facebook) to get a User ID from a game I downloaded from Big Fish. And to have to start all over...NO! Took me 2 years to finish about 14 cities.

I completely agree with you and I don't understand why it is like that, I think it is crummy customer service to those of us that are Big Fish Club members, when I found out what the deal was with that it blew my mind, not everybody has or wants a fb account but we do expect to get the same level of service when the game is downloaded from BF, it certainly is a disservice to the BF club members.

Edited on 01/24/2018 at 5:58:12 PM PST

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Jan 26, 18 6:54 AM
This is my first post. I have been following the forum posts for almost a year and especially enjoy the Seniors thread. The Suggested Improvements list that Jules organized is really interesting, although the developers do not seem to have acted on many of the suggestions. I wonder if it would help if we voted on the suggestions that we like the most in Jules's list (i.e. the changes we would most like to see) and post the top 5 or 10. Just maybe a shorter list might get the attention of the developers.
Best regard, and thanks for all the helpful tips I have read on this forum.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 26, 18 9:30 AM
cardiganmom wrote:This is my first post. I have been following the forum posts for almost a year and especially enjoy the Seniors thread. The Suggested Improvements list that Jules organized is really interesting, although the developers do not seem to have acted on many of the suggestions. I wonder if it would help if we voted on the suggestions that we like the most in Jules's list (i.e. the changes we would most like to see) and post the top 5 or 10. Just maybe a shorter list might get the attention of the developers.
Best regard, and thanks for all the helpful tips I have read on this forum.

It has been my experience that rarely ever do player suggestions get incorporated into the games, these threads are good for a rant to get frustration off the mind but that is about all we get out of it, as far as I can tell.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Feb 11, 18 8:20 PM
the suggestions are very good ones, I have asked for something to help with timed levels, a pause tool. timed levels are less than a minute in some cities... So my suggestion is: WOULD YOU PLEASE, PLEASE take these SUGGESTIONS seriously and to heart....

Edited on 02/27/2018 at 8:40:07 AM PST

Go to: