Re:Which game got you started ??

[Post New]by Crysztaloak on Sep 4, 17 11:11 PM
I started with Space Invaders hand held. Played Malificent on a kindle. Started MC on my kindle. Glad I am now playing on my PC

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Sep 5, 17 4:17 AM
My father was an outstanding card and domino player, so we all learned to play those very early. I've always been an avid reader, too, and I could play solitaire for hours when I was a child and teen. Played some of those Atari and other games. We had a home computer earlier than most people because my husband was/is an IT guy.

Does anyone remember an early game called "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego"? We had that at home, and all of my chidren's friends were fascinated with it. Fran Dresher (sp? of the tv show, The Nanny) had the same kind of voice as the game. ShaSha

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Sep 5, 17 5:07 AM
Reading through these posts bought back some childhood memories.

I used to play this game on an arcade machine at a local club but for the
life of me cannot remember the name of it

You were controlling a boot and there were a lot of bombs which you needed to dodge. I was actually quite good at this and as a child was proud of my high scores. Wish I could remember what it was called.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 5, 17 7:52 AM
Czoe, how could I forget Myst!! It was one of my favorites.

I still play some of the old games, from time to time. There are places that have them for today's machines at very reasonable prices.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

GrannyCod
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by GrannyCod on Sep 5, 17 8:41 AM
I too remember pong and all those games. But I never bought Play Station or anything like that. Just my computer. The game that caught me was Puzzle Quest. Then I eventually discovered Big Fish and have enjoyed a ton of games.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 5, 17 11:56 AM
I have two boys.... The three of us got caught up in Starcraft when they were in their teens....

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Sep 5, 17 4:34 PM
Mine started with Galaga at the arcade . I was 14 yrs old and other kids used to watch me play. The 7-11 convenience store had a pinball game called Playboy (wasn't interested in the picture of the playboy bunny but loved the game).

My first games on BigFish and a couple sites like it were Hammerheads, Little Shop HOG's, Big City Adventure HOG's, Farm Frenzy games and Diner Dash games.

A year ago I was playing Antique Road Trip which was my first FTP game. Loved that game but they stopped updating it and I got bored.

I guess we're a pretty eclectic group of gamers. I'm in my mid 50's and my 17 yr old son told me it was weird that I play games so much .

Sue (Suenamie)

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Sep 6, 17 12:59 AM
For a long time the only games I played on computer were card games - Solitaire and Hearts. I was shopping at Ollie's in Maryland - kind of a mini version of Big Lots - and they had a stack of game discs really cheap. I picked up a few just out of curiosity. Not sure which were the first, but here are some early ones:

Spirits of Mystery - Amber Maiden
Inspector Parker
Ravenhearst
Treasure Masters

Eventually I wanted to find a sequel to some game and discovered Big Fish. I had a membership for a while and still go back and play some of the games I bought then. I discovered MC when I finally got a phone smart enough to download apps.

Go to: