Re:Welcome to Life Quest ™ forum

[Post New]by TheProfessor on May 9, 10 4:05 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:You need to pay the contractor more than once. It should tell you how many turns it takes to finish the job. Same if you do it yourself, each time you pay, you will get a little bit further.

One more thing: the per-click cost is cheaper if you do it yourself, instead of hiring a contractor. But at the cost of more time and happiness with each click.

The higher your practicality, the faster you can "do it yourself"...and at some practicality level, it becomes faster and cheaper to complete an upgrade yourself, rather than with a contractor.

hope it helps!

[Post New]by kdunlap84 on May 15, 10 10:25 AM
Ratatouille wrote:I'm really loving the game so far!

There's just ONE thing I really miss: I wish there was an option to start a sandbox/free play game once the challenges have all been won. I know we can continue playing an existing game, but that's not at all the same as being able to start a sandbox game fresh and experiment with all the available options without being bothered with buying what the challenges require...

I completely agree!!! I just keep playing over-and-over again; changing what my girl looks like, her color scheme, and I try to complete the game in a faster each time. This morning I won on my 76th day!!
It would be very fun to start fresh like Ratatouille said and just enjoy life without all the competition.

[Post New]by randommuffins on May 20, 10 6:03 AM
kdunlap84 wrote:

It would be very fun to start fresh like Ratatouille said and just enjoy life without all the competition.

Just lose the first challenge. :-D Your happiness goes down a bit but you can take your time.

I haven't noticed any other effect of not completing challenges though.

Edited on 05/20/2010 at 6:04:17 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Welcome to Life Quest(tm) forum

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on May 21, 10 8:35 AM
You're also docked Life Points for each day until you get back even with your rivals. Irrelevant if you're just sandboxing, but worth mentioning for other cases.

[Post New]by DeeBishop on May 21, 10 11:10 AM
Ratatouille wrote:I'm really loving the game so far!

There's just ONE thing I really miss: I wish there was an option to start a sandbox/free play game once the challenges have all been won. I know we can continue playing an existing game, but that's not at all the same as being able to start a sandbox game fresh and experiment with all the available options without being bothered with buying what the challenges require...

I like just going back and creating a new character and starting all over. I've tried to use various skin colors, hairstyles, even used a guy one time. This game is addictive! ;o)

Other Similar Games?

[Post New]by DeeBishop on May 21, 10 11:13 AM
I LOVE Life Quest and was wondering if anyone knows of other games that offer the challenges like this with the ability to customize some of the features (like you can with the character selection), etc. I've tried My Life Story, and it's okay, but I like this one much better. Any others?

[Post New]by JBlover217 on Jun 5, 10 2:49 PM
hi umm i really want to divorce my husband on the game but i already have kids(I have finished the rivalries) so does anyone out there know how thx

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Welcome to Life Quest(tm) forum

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 6, 10 1:02 PM
VERY interesting morality this game has, JBlover. It doesn't care who you get married to, but once you're hitched, you're hitched--no divorce possible. This fact is covered in at least one other thread in this forum.

So don't bother trying to drive off your mate. When s/he hits 0 happiness/love, YOU lose 45 happy per day, 53 if you've acquired one child, and I don't know how much per additional kid.

[Post New]by Sk8terBoi on Jun 11, 10 8:59 AM
This seems like a really awesome game! I'm excited to play it, although my big fish installer isn't working right.
I wanted to install the Nanny 911 game, but it won't! It got up to 100%, and it keeps saying it is installing, but the little green bar isn't filling up. So, after I got bored with that, I found the Life Quest game and wanted to play it. I checked "install" The 100% green bar filled up, but now it says "Waiting to Install" It's been like this for about 20 minutes now, so I decided to ask a question about in this forum.
Anybody else having trouble like this?
Thanks,
K

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Jun 15, 10 7:26 PM
i SO TOTALLY agree with rat! sandbox mode would rock! as far as game running issues, make sure your video/sound drivers are up to date...gl happy gaming!

Help.. Mansion Time

[Post New]by azstrea on Jun 16, 10 4:34 AM
Hi All,
Was wondering if anyone could please give me a hand here. I have got to the challenge where you have to buy a mansion in Hilltop Heights. But as with previous property purchases where it was easy to find the real estate property price and purchase point, I just can't find it in the Hilltop Heights area. I have already bought a suburban house there and every time I click on the area it just gives me my housing details and rest/eat/change clothes/etc options.
So any help here would be great.
Thanx Heaps

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Welcome to Life Quest ™ forum

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 16, 10 7:58 AM
@ azstrea: See the just-posted thread "Buy a Massion in the Life Quest game." (complete with misspellng shown). And before that there were "Hilltop Heights Mansion" and "Mansion in Hilltop Heights".

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 8:03:14 AM PST

[Post New]by azstrea on Jun 17, 10 5:47 PM
Thanks for the help

[Post New]by yug1og1irl on Jun 19, 10 6:39 PM
I need some help on Samantha's challenge of getting 100% intelligence and a Ph.D. I've got the Ph.D. and 800 intelligence. I've taken most of the classes that award intelligence at both schools. There are a couple more I could take, but they say I have to own a book first as a prerequisite to taking the class. I can't find out how to get one. Can someone please tell me how they got past this challenge? Thanks.

[Post New]by chrisshun1985 on Jun 20, 10 1:12 PM
Hi,
I am wondering how to make my character get married in one task!!!
I am trying to date many girls but no one seems really match!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 20, 10 3:45 PM
yug1og1url: there is a book for sale in the kitchen sink. I believe it is a movie guide or something, but it is enough to enroll in classes.

chrisshun1985: I've never had problems getting my characters to date. Have you tried placing a personal ad in the paper rather than dancing? I've always had success with those.

[Post New]by yug1og1irl on Jun 20, 10 4:25 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:yug1og1url: there is a book for sale in the kitchen sink. I believe it is a movie guide or something, but it is enough to enroll in classes.

chrisshun1985: I've never had problems getting my characters to date. Have you tried placing a personal ad in the paper rather than dancing? I've always had success with those.

Thanks, SeverineSnape. That did it! You know, I saw that book at the kitchen sink, but i didn't think a movie guide was what they wanted.

chrisshun1985, i agree with SeverineSnape--a personal ad brings pretty good results.

[Post New]by ragtag1 on Jun 28, 10 11:37 AM
Hi does anyone know how you complete the dj challenge? I have completed all the music courses and keep going to the place and dancing but can't figure out how to become a master dj Thanks!!

[Post New]by denisev2 on Jul 4, 10 5:06 PM
Hello All!

Has anyone been able to finish the game in less than 56 days? This has been my fastest time. I start off with the car washer job, then car parker and quicly work on the prerequisites to become seamstress. Then I do a few classes at flex and then save up for the fashion design class to become a fashion designer. After this more classes at flex and then start working toward my business degree. Then I get a job as Middle management, get my masters and get jobs as Vice President then CEO. Also I make sure to start dating before I get to Vijay and take plenty of intelligence courses so the other courses don't take so long to finish. Plus taking all practicality courses before starting any renovations. This is the most effective way I have found to finish quickly. Just wondering if anyone has found a better way?

P.S. This is a great game, hope a similar one comes out soon!

[Post New]by denisev2 on Jul 4, 10 5:11 PM
ragtag1 wrote:Hi does anyone know how you complete the dj challenge? I have completed all the music courses and keep going to the place and dancing but can't figure out how to become a master dj Thanks!!

You have to buy the stereo and then go to City Hall to apply for the DJ job. Then go to dancy pants and hit 'Work'. Good Luck!

Go to: