Thoughts from Florida

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,678 Posts

Re:Thoughts from Florida

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Sep 7, 17 9:42 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for our safety. I am just south of Sarasota and, like my fellow Floridians, have prepped for the worst case scenario.

Below is the thread that we used to check in after Hurricane Matthew last year. I know it is not all of our Castle players from Florida, but it is serving me as a reminder of who to look for this time around. I hope it is useful to you all and that another Florida Folks call will be made.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/870642.page

Thanks again for such great friends. And I am adding my own prayers for everyone's safety in this horrible storm

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
855 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 7, 17 10:22 AM
I echo all that has been said & hope everyone stays safe & well.

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 7, 17 12:22 PM
Hello Everyone,

The Moderation Team is also keeping the residents of Florida in our thoughts. We really appreciate the compassion and generosity this forum has shown towards those affected by the recent hurricanes, and I sincerely hope this conversation continues after I've swum over to offer my well wishes. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me or another active Moderator via a PM; we're here to listen.

bfgBeruna

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,280 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Sep 7, 17 1:55 PM
Sending prayers to all affected by this storm. Take care and stay safe.

[Post New]by nimbleaardvark on Sep 7, 17 3:57 PM
Only left Florida a year ago and still have attachments. Watching and praying.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,514 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 7, 17 4:06 PM
To add insult to injury looks like another hurricane Jose is making a similar track as Irma. Heading over the islands already devastated by Irma.

The preliminary path was that Jose will take a turn and head out to sea (it still might). But it's tracking on the heels of Irma. In case it continues to follower her, my dear Florida friends, be prepared for a one two punch.

Rammygirl
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Rammygirl on Sep 7, 17 6:49 PM
Family at the moment in Bradenton and Nassau and other friends in Leesburg/ Lake County.

Stay safe everyone.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Sep 7, 17 7:00 PM
There are 2 more behind Erma

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Sep 7, 17 8:09 PM
Best wishes to all in the path(s) of the storm(s). Stay safe......

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
835 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Sep 7, 17 8:42 PM
Adding my prayers and hope all will stay safe , with the oncoming storms.

Bless you all, please keep us updated... I have been following on newscasts out here on the west coast.

Crystal;P

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,514 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 7, 17 9:01 PM
Arizona63Tucson wrote:There are 2 more behind Erma

I haven't seen a third one on the news in that line. Just Irma (category 5 right now) and behind her is Jose (currently category 3).

If you're thinking of Katia(category 1). She's in the Gulf of Mexico and will be going southwest and impacting eastern Mexico near Tampico.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,802 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 8, 17 6:35 AM
Looks like Irma is camped on Cuba this morning. I don't know if that will be enough to take some of the power out of the storm, not being over open, warm water, but wow, poor Cuba sure is taking a beating.

PCGRAM
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by PCGRAM on Sep 8, 17 7:09 AM
Have family in St. Thomas, also in Jupiter, FL. Praying for their safety. I think our Jacksonville family will not be as hard hit. Beautiful place to visit but I think I'll stay in PA. Be safe, Floridians and heed the evacuation warnings.

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Sep 8, 17 7:44 AM
I am praying for everyone caught in this terrible storm and can only repeat what everyone else has been saying and plead for all our MC friends to keep safe. I will never complain about the weather in Scotland again.
Kindest regards to all

Babs

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,802 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 8, 17 8:15 AM
I found a great site with realtime world wind speed graphics. It's earth period nullschool period net.
Also NASA has a great app called EarthNow.

From both, it looks like Jose will follow right in Irma's tracks, & there's an indication of yet another storm beginning to form rotation halfway between South America & Africa.

Barbuda already has 95% of structures destroyed, & now they're in the bullseye again.
It's going to be a long, hard year for the whole Caribbean & Gulf. I feel so bad for all these beautiful paradises being destroyed.

Stay safe friends.

[Post New]by 99anita on Sep 8, 17 9:37 AM
me too sending prayers to all affected by this hurricane, watching & following all the newscasts. stay safe everybody everywhere
the British troops have already been deployed I know this because my son is one of them

Tunkfairy
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by Tunkfairy on Sep 8, 17 12:10 PM
Hey friends, I am tunkin,67054.
Thanks for all of your prayers and love for us in Florida. Iwe live on the space coast in central Florida. We are hunkering down!God bless everyone and pray we get out o.k.My thoughts and prayers to everyone in Florida and Texas and

Thanks, tunkin

Edited on 09/08/2017 at 12:12:03 PM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 8, 17 1:17 PM
To much devastating news and I am in shock and awe that so many storms are heading to the States and many of my friends on here are in there direct path.
I just heard on our news (Canada) there are THREE huge storms building up behind Irma.
I can not imagine the terror of what everyone in her path and the ones following are feeling all I can do is PLEASE PLEASE be safe and your pets to.
My heart is breaking for you all and all I can do is send you my deepest prayers and holding out my arms to keep you safe .
As others have posted please keep us updated on how you are the MC family can not
be with out you.
GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE.
Randy

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,179 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Sep 8, 17 1:20 PM
I have taken down my list in preparation of losing power during the hurricane. I am in Ocala, FL and it looks to be going directly over us. Hopefully by then, it should only be a Cat 2 storm. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope everyone else in FL will be fine also. We are prepared for it, so I'm hoping all goes well.

xanadu3251
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by xanadu3251 on Sep 8, 17 5:18 PM
Near Pensacola. We were told NOT to leave as there is congesting on the roads. Heard that it will not hit us. I hope not but you never know.

Go to: