And I'm so sorry that you are going through this
{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

Re:Elsaemerald (Suziesapphire) surgery

[Post New]by Knim on Sep 8, 17 12:48 PM
Oh sweetie, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have been in your shoes. Rest & calmness helps. Do not be afraid to ask for help and accept help when offered. Eat fresh food fruit vegetables and almonds. Remember to take deep breaths and enjoy the little things in life. Take candy and or doughnuts to the nurses they are your angels. You are added to my prayers. TOAD

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 8, 17 12:57 PM
Hi Elsaemerald,

The thoughts of the Moderation Team are with you and your family during this time. Thank you to all of the Midnight Castle community for being supportive of one another. The moderators continue to mention to each other that the community each and every one of you have helped to build is truly fantastic.

bfgBellerophon

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 9, 17 2:16 PM
Elsa, I just remembered something a very sweet Chinese woman told me many years ago. She saw me eating strawberries & said "Good for you! Strawberries very good for WOMAN!" Never knew why exactly, but I have no reason to doubt her wisdom.

So, eat strawberries to your hearts content, my dear!

Waiting for you with open arms.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Sep 9, 17 6:07 PM
Once you are home, make sure that anyone who comes to visit you has a MOP in one hand and FOOD in the other!!!!!!

Praying for your full recovery.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Sep 9, 17 7:15 PM
Should you need them, I know someone in the castle who can get her hands on some pink pills which may help to ease you over your surgery!

Best of luck.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 10, 17 9:25 AM
My dear friends and MC family
You overwhelmed me with your good wishes especially at a time when so much else was going on for our little community.

Though I wasn't able to rejoin you in the Castle or post in the forum I was able to come in and read your posts. They made me laugh and they made me cry. They enveloped me in a cloud of warmth and kindness that helped get me through those first awful couple of days. Thank-you all

Surgery went well though it will be several weeks before we can really judge. Recovery was much tougher than I expected this round. Probably because I decided to be stoical and requested they reduce the potency of those darned opiates. Lesson learned. But I am doing better bit by bit.

Desertdruid a special thanks for your attempts to keep me warm and entertained. I loved your story about the strawberries. I love strawberries but am allergic to them so had to make do with blueberries

Shawkn my husband is a dab hand with the mop and an excellent chef. Homemade chicken soup with wild rice and tons of veggies mmmm.

Jack7242 hmm I don't know about those pink pills -- mine are kind of a sea-foam green.

I will try to rejoin you all for the CC though it will be slow going for awhile. I tried one HOS and it took me nearly 2 minutes
I still think I stand a chance of having Merlin join my team.

Slow and steady -- ok maybe not so steady.

Love you all

Elsa

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 10, 17 10:19 AM
I'm so happy for you and that so far all is well
Take all the pain relief you need,you won't get a medal for suffering pain .

If you feel like it - have it. Chocolate is a powerful.

What day is ' Chicken soup' day? I need to book my flight over
You may have to lock hubby in the cupboard,any man who cooks and cleans is fair game for the rest of us

Rest & cuddles are pretty powerful medicine & they're free.(another job for hubby)

And lastly,remember your tough & at any moment in time one of us somewhere in the world is thinking of you

Edited on 09/10/2017 at 10:32:48 AM PST

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Sep 10, 17 10:20 AM
Welcome back, Elsa,

Lovely to see you about the Castle my friend, we have all missed you.

So, steady as she goes, and enjoy being pampered and spoilt rotten.

Take Care

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 10, 17 3:44 PM
So, steady as she goes, and enjoy being pampered and spoilt rotten.

Amen to that!

Glad you enjoyed our posts! Sorry you can't have strawberries, but blueberries are awesome healing powerhouses. Enjoy! And definitely yes to the chocolate!

I'm so relieved your surgery went well. Thank you so much for letting us know you're ok!

Any help you need catching up later, just ask. But for now, just rest, & tell hubby I said thank you for being so awesome!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Sep 10, 17 9:46 PM
so glad to see you back! I hope you have a quick recovery.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 12, 17 10:38 AM
Glad to hear that things went well Elsaemerald! The Moderation Team wishes you a speedy recovery.

bfgBellerophon

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Sep 12, 17 3:16 PM
So glad everything went well. I'm adding my prayers for a speedy recovery. If you need some help catching up on the CC, I'm happy to add you as a friend if your game is on PC. Just send me a PM with your ID and I'll invite you. I'm at level 78 so can probably gift whatever you might need.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Sep 12, 17 3:42 PM
I don't play MC, but I couldn't help seeing your topic. Glad you are home and back.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 12, 17 3:46 PM
Thanks all for your continued good wishes.
I am gaining strength daily and managed a short walk today

AuntieRoo, I guess I better not mention that next on the menu is roast tarragon chicken breasts and then maybe a tagine. I am fortunate indeed. In fact the hardest bit with my dear husband is convincing him I am ready to do things for myself -- like put my own shoes on.

And about the meds-- it was not out of any sense of martyrdom that I wanted less potent drugs. It's that I don't tolerate them well so finding the balance between controlling the pain and avoiding the worst side effects is sometimes a challenge.

And, my dear Druid and AuntieRoo, this home is never without chocolate! Rich dark chocolate-- so full of antioxidants.

And thanks all for offers to help with the CC.
Sharp_eye I'm on iOS, but thanks all the same.
I don't think there is much others can help with -- with the exception of the plain stamps.
But I'm catching up and hoping that darned WOF is kind.

And, thanks to you, bfgBellerphon. Your kind comments are much appreciated.

So glad to be back

Elsa

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 12, 17 5:38 PM
Tarragon chicken! OMG!!! Yum! I LOVE tarragon! Lucky, lucky Elsa!!!

I will definitely send you plain stamps as soon as I see them in your wishlist.
Unfortunately, the rest is pretty much hands-on, isn't it?

Hoping your pain is minor & your side affects miniscule.

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Sep 16, 17 10:57 AM
Recouping myself I reread some of forum. Thinking of you and do hope you are getting better. Lucky you have your darling husband. I miss mine so much when I don't feel well. I always want to do everything myself. After my double mastectomy he asked what he could do and I had him hold me up so I could cook. And yes my daughter caught us and said only me. Her friends stay in bed for 3 days for a head ache and her mom fry's chicken. Take care. TOAD/Rosalie

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 16, 17 11:42 AM
Thanks to my wonderful friends for the stamps! I was glad to be able to catch up to this point and am much more confident about finishing.

Rosalie -- thank you so much for sharing your experience. And yes, it is tough sometimes to let go and delegate. Like this morning I was going to put a laundry on but I was gently diverted to being mere supervisor . Very grateful for my guy. Sorry to hear yours is no longer with you. I can't imagine going through this alone but I know many women do. I hope you are on the mend from whatever you are recuperating from

I'm doing really well if a bit frustrated with how absolutely fatigued I get with even small exertion like walking a little too far. Some days I just have to declare a total (well nearly total) rest day and I just have to accept that. And I just can't play MC very much at a time. But healing seems to be going ok. I check in with the surgeon next week. Hope he gives me a good report card

love to all my friends and MC family

Elsa

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 16, 17 5:16 PM
Dear Elsaemerald,
Remind that gentile soul of a hubby you have that the warm cuddly huggie blankie is for you not him *** goes with that chicky soup ***
get well soon and take it easy.
Randy

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 16, 17 5:43 PM
eastendteddy wrote:Dear Elsaemerald,
Remind that gentile soul of a hubby you have that the warm cuddly huggie blankie is for you not him *** goes with that chicky soup ***
get well soon and take it easy.
Randy

Aww, thanks, Randy
There will be no 'special jackets' of the special room variety for me for some time so a cuddly blankie will have to do.

Go to: