sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 10, 17 8:58 AM
I didn't have any issues with the shadowy figure puzzle.
It could be because my game was fine with it, or it could also be because I did as RIHope08 suggested and when the pop up box comes up after each time I failed, with a little box you can tick that says 'please do not show me this again' , I just clicked ok without ever checking the box, and I didn't have any trouble, so that might be why as well.

RIHope08 wrote:I ran into the same problem with the figure game, when the box that pops up that you need to try again, I had checked the box and that is when it froze. I went back in and now if I don't check that box it allows me to try again. Hope this works!!!

RIHope08 wrote:Its the box that says "Please do not show me again" to clarify !

But I did have the same weird problem that pennmom36 pointed out, of the loud scrolling noise happens when you scroll in the achievements page, and then continues to follow you no matter where else in the game you are. I had to close the game to get it to stop-

pennmom36 wrote:I didn't have any problems with the game freezing, but when I went into the Achievements page, it started to make a weird noise, when I scrolled down the achievements page. I think it was the sound effects of scrolling, but it kept getting louder, even when I wasn't using the slider bar, the sound continued when I exited out to the game again. I had to quit the game, and reopen it, I won't be checking those achievements again!

I did notice that the scrolling noise issue only seems to occur if you try to access the achievements during gameplay i.e. it didn't happen when I accessed the achievements from the extras menu, or at least that's what I experienced, so it would seem that it is possible to check on your achievements without getting the problem, if you wish. You can also check them during gameplay as long as you don't wish to scroll down.
It's also worth mentioning that I didn't get the scrolling issue until I did a long scroll down, so it may be possible to look at achievements during gameplay and scroll down without having issues, as long as you scroll in little bursts i.e. click and scroll a little, then click and scroll a little bit more, rather than a long scroll all the way to the bottom.

Weird issues... anyway- using PC, Windows 7

vanda150
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by vanda150 on Sep 11, 17 9:12 AM
Same here, shadow man puzzle just freezes. Playing demo (win10)
and nearly gave up-so just checked the guide and entered the solution first time and got past the issue. Needs a patch though...

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 11, 17 10:54 AM
Hello sazoria and vanda150,

I appreciate your patience while waiting for responses and that you both took the time to share some useful troubleshooting suggestions.

sazoria: If the troubles with the sound continue, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance. I will pass along your experience with the Achievements section to the appropriate teams as well.

vanda150: Please take a look at the suggestions in the help pages below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Freezing can often be caused by display glitches, so we always recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. The driver controls how graphics are displayed, and the developers for it often release updates to keep everything running smoothly. Running a game with administrator permissions also ensures it can access the resources it needs. Should those steps not help, I'd also recommend contacting our Support Team.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by RainMeadow on Sep 14, 17 10:24 AM
I am unable to get the brush in the college chapter. I have found a few others with this same problem (a thread titled SOS: brush and it was also mentioned in the review thread). I just wanted to mention it here and hopefully get help as I am still completely stuck. Thank You

I am running windows 10 and wanted to make clear it is some kind of bug, the game will not allow getting the brush

Edited on 09/14/2017 at 10:26:40 AM PST

sidlove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sidlove on Sep 16, 17 11:14 AM
I am having sooooo much trouble with this game. I am using a 1 month old MacBook Pro. The game played absolutely fine for me even after the demo expired and I paid for the full game. I ran into trouble when I had to get something in the tree in front of the building. The game just kept quitting and when restarted would quit yet again when I clicked on the tree. I deleted the game and reinstalled it and now the game will not open up into full screen and I can not hit the play button nor can I maximize it. I deleted and reinstalled and even restarted my MacBook. Nothing. Nothing works and I'm getting frustrated and I think I might even start to cry (kidding). How do I proceed now that my entire weekend is going to be ruined unless I can get this game to play correctly (kidding again).

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Sep 16, 17 1:29 PM
Got as far as finishing college and unzipped the bag in the maze and it never stopped zipping sound after that, shame it's been a good game until this. It is a very annoying sound. I also got the problem stated earlier with the shadow game, but I skipped it.
I'm running a desktop with win 10 64bit.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 16, 17 3:41 PM
@Morgana33
Just close the game down and reopen it again; it should make the sound go away.

[Post New]by RainMeadow on Sep 18, 17 9:33 PM
RainMeadow wrote:I am unable to get the brush in the college chapter. I have found a few others with this same problem (a thread titled SOS: brush and it was also mentioned in the review thread). I just wanted to mention it here and hopefully get help as I am still completely stuck. Thank You

I am running windows 10 and wanted to make clear it is some kind of bug, the game will not allow getting the brush

The above was my second post (ever), the first was in the "SOS:Bug with the Brush" thread. the following is what I just posted there.

Still having the issue with the brush. I have tried all suggestions in this thread and no go. I tried starting over as a different character (4 times) which was suggested recently. I really want to play this game. Iv'e been with BFG since '06 when I bought my first game: Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. I never had a reason to post, till now. Unfortunately I'm feeling a serious lack of help. This is a perfect example why I'm a non poster.

Regardless of those feelings, I would still appreciate ANY help in this situation.
"

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 19, 17 10:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm so sorry that your games haven't been working. Since the previously suggested troubleshooting steps haven't fixed the games, I would recommend you all contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to continue providing solutions.

Thank you for your understanding and for your patience. Please PM one of the moderators or me if any questions come up. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

sidlove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sidlove on Sep 19, 17 5:35 PM
I hear ya...

RainMeadow wrote:
RainMeadow wrote:I am unable to get the brush in the college chapter. I have found a few others with this same problem (a thread titled SOS: brush and it was also mentioned in the review thread). I just wanted to mention it here and hopefully get help as I am still completely stuck. Thank You

The above was my second post (ever), the first was in the "SOS:Bug with the Brush" thread. the following is what I just posted there.

Still having the issue with the brush. I have tried all suggestions in this thread and no go. I tried starting over as a different character (4 times) which was suggested recently. I really want to play this game. Iv'e been with BFG since '06 when I bought my first game: Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. I never had a reason to post, till now. Unfortunately I'm feeling a serious lack of help. This is a perfect example why I'm a non poster.

Regardless of those feelings, I would still appreciate ANY help in this situation.
"

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Sep 20, 17 12:49 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm so sorry that your games haven't been working. Since the previously suggested troubleshooting steps haven't fixed the games, I would recommend you all contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll be the best equipped to continue providing solutions.

Thank you for your understanding and for your patience. Please PM one of the moderators or me if any questions come up. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

As a moderator for the BFG Forums, when you see this many people having the same issue, aren't you also required to notify the Tech department that there is a major issue with a newly released game? I only bring this up because, lately, when I try to contact the Tech department about problems, I'm NOT getting any reply or help back. And in the past 2 years, tech support and new game glitches have been going up and up and up. Not only did I have the problem with the shadow box figure game not even 5 minutes into the demo, but it locked up not only my game, but my entire desktop computer. That is totally uncalled for by any company, but especially for a company that makes it's living and money off of selling games to folks to play online. Makes me wonder if maybe your own computers haven't been hacked, corrupted or something.

Anyway, I'm adding my complaint to this forum, since my past attempts for help from tech with other games have pretty much been ignored. Hopefully you will pass on this information to the Tech department. But since this is a thread for tech issues with a game, they should be monitoring this forum as much as the customers do, else why have it? I am playing my games on an iMac desktop computer running macOS Sierra, Version 10.12.6, with a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory, an AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB Graphics card, and I've successfully downloaded and demoed almost 1100 of your games since 2011, so I know how to do this and how to find work arounds.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 22, 17 12:22 PM
Hello GreyGhost,

Thank you for reaching out. The Moderation Team does pass this information along to our Technical Support Team, who do their absolute best to provide new solutions. We also alert the developers behind the game when multiple players experience the same technical issues. However, since we're not involved with changes made to the game and aren't kept apprised of if and when updates will be available, we're unable to provide much more information. I can appreciate why the lack of information would be frustrating, and I'm sorry that I'm unable to provide more definitive answers.

I'd also like to ensure you receive help from our Support Team. Whenever a ticket is submitted to them, an automatic confirmation email is sent. Please locate that email and reply directly to it. This will escalate your inquiry with the Support Team.

Please PM me if you have any further questions or concerns. Other moderators can be reached via PM as well. We're here to listen and glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Mac3538 on Oct 5, 17 2:08 PM
Well into the game when it locks up (at Swapping Books to restore image puzzle).
Windows 10 64 bit with all updates. Worked fine up to this point???

Spykm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Spykm on Oct 11, 17 9:13 PM
Playing on MacBook Air. Same puzzle. Game frozen. However, I cannot get out of the game. It won't respond to anything. I cannot close the game -- it doesn't respond to the "quit" option. I cannot delete the game from the Game Manager because it is "open" and I cannot reboot my computer because there is an application open ("Sable Maze:Nightmare Shadows"). I am essentially dead in the water.

http://www.makehealths.com/alpha-x-factor/

[Post New]by EnriqKimbr on Oct 11, 17 9:48 PM
Alpha X Factor Carefully choose the exercises that you include in your routine; certain ones may actually make it more difficult to build muscle. Split squats, neck work and dips may include awkward joint positions that may put you at risk of serious injury. Instead, focus on workouts that include rowing, bench presses and regular squats.

https://alpha-x-factor-posts.tumblr.com/

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on Oct 23, 17 11:18 AM
Shadowy Figure Puzzle (beginning of game) - similar lock-up issue. Can attempt to solve numerous times (didn't count how many before lockup) , but at some point, the puzzle won't restart at all. Can move the cursor, but can’t click on anything, including menu - must force-quit to exit game and restart. So far only solution I've found is to to go back in and either skip the puzzle at the start, or do it correctly within just a few tries.
iMac 3.06 GHz, running system 10.10.5

Go to: