bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 4 here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 14, 17 2:47 PM
Hello jaded8955,

I'm sorry to hear that is happening when trying to play Cursed House 4. It sounds like you may be having a similar issue as previously reported and what I recommend trying is what my colleague bfgBellerophon above suggested. It may help to switch your screen resolution to see if it will let the game return to full screen.

Just in case it's helpful, I'll add the link to those suggested steps here too:

Screen Resolution

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Customer Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope those steps help. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Jiniece
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Jiniece on Sep 24, 17 9:34 AM
Help! I got stuck on the regular level 23 and found help here. When I went back in the game it was on level 50 and I cant get back to level 23.I closed and opened the game again several times to no avail...any suggestions?

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Sep 24, 17 11:31 AM
I can only guess that you've switched to another player.

Jiniece
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Jiniece on Sep 24, 17 1:13 PM
I'm the only one playing. So, I'll have to start over from the beginning to get those 27 unplayed levels back? That's frustrating. Thank you for replying.

[Post New]by fneedles on Sep 30, 17 6:09 AM
Windows 10
I changed the game into window mode to check something on the internet and when I went back to the game and clicked on full screen I could only use window mode.
Game will not open in full screen mode and I receive a message about a videoadapter driver that cannot be launched. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times with the same result.
I see others are having the same problem -- hope you can help. This is a great game. All my other Big Fish games work properly.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Sep 30, 17 9:09 AM
It was fixed, an update will be released soon ( maybe in a couple of weeks ).

[Post New]by archiger on Oct 3, 17 7:36 PM
I have play Cursed House 4 in freetime. After paying for it I get a black window. Please help.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Oct 3, 17 11:59 PM
try just to restart the game without restarting the computer.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Oct 4, 17 10:46 AM
I have Windows 10, and the game wouldn't run correctly. I even had to do the "cont alt del" to get out of it. I switched to "system curser," and all of my problems went away. Great game!

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Oct 4, 17 11:56 AM
sorry for caused problems, an update will be released soon!
But the problem with a custom is something new for me...

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Oct 4, 17 12:26 PM
FNeedles wrote:
"Windows 10
I changed the game into window mode to check something on the internet and when I went back to the game and clicked on full screen I could only use window mode.
Game will not open in full screen mode and I receive a message about a videoadapter driver that cannot be launched. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times with the same result.
I see others are having the same problem -- hope you can help. This is a great game. All my other Big Fish games work properly."

I have the same problem, as so many other Windows 10 users to. FRHgames said on September 30 "It was fixed, an update will be released soon ( maybe in a couple of weeks )."

If it's been fixed already, when will the fix be released??????? Big Fish, are you holding this up?

PCThurman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by PCThurman on Oct 10, 17 1:33 AM
I am running on windows 10.

After playing the game for 30 minutes, my computer will turn off. No warning. No errors. The computer just shuts off.

I have had my computer in for diagnosis due to a previous problem. The motherboard had to be replaced and all other systems check out including graphics. I have all the latest drivers.

FYI: The demo of this game played smoothly and like the other Cursed House games I purchased this one but I can no longer play it as it will inevitably cause my computer to turn off.

[Post New]by aurich on Oct 31, 17 11:58 AM
fneedles wrote:Windows 10
I see others are having the same problem -- hope you can help. This is a great game. All my other Big Fish games work properly.

I found a way to fix this.
You first have to be viewing all "Hidden Files"
Go to "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\CursedHouse4"
Right Click the file "Settings.dat"
Go to "Open With..."
Select "More Apps"
Un-check "Always use this app to open .dat files"
Select your favorite text editor from the list.
When it is open, change the line "Fullscreen=0" to "Fullscreen=1"
Save the file and try the game again.

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Nov 16, 17 9:10 PM
Thank you, Aurich. Thanks for sharing your expertise!

[Post New]by Kitpou69 on Jan 22, 18 2:01 PM
I have been experiencing a black screen that lasts from 10 to 30 seconds. It then returns the game to its former place and continues. I have had the same "Black Screen" while watching Netflix. I received a notice from McAfee, my scanning program, that the Cursed 4 game had a virus attached to it. I've spoken to another gamer and he has had a similar experience of black screens. We have both uninstalled the game and await a solution from the Big Fish Gods. I have also dumped the games manager and reinstalled it from the BFG site. Cheers

HOGgamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by HOGgamer on Apr 4, 18 4:01 PM
I ran into a problem(s) with level 87. I complete everything except the lower right corner that had a chest and bug coins around. I killed all the moving bugs but the bug coins did not change in order to complete the level. I restarted that level and made sure I did the right side first. Everything changed except this time the half coin at the bottom lost it right hand partner. I don't know if this a same problem . I had to commit to skip this level.

Go to: