Fall Begins 09-22-17

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:Fall Begins 09-22-17

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 15, 17 5:54 AM
Fall is my favorite time of year... it means summer in Texas is OVER... One would think, as a native Texan and spent all but two years of my life in various parts of Texas that I would be used to Texas summers... one would be WRONG....

fedakski
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by fedakski on Sep 15, 17 6:18 AM
I love spring with all the new greenery and the cherry blossoms and magnolia trees and fall with the beautiful colours and mild days . We don't usually get much of a spring anymore. I don't mind winter when it's fairly moderate but summer is my nemesis...just can't take humidity and so glad when it comes to an end. Being from the north US and now southern Ontario, I really appreciate the seasons.

Have a great day all

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 15, 17 7:17 AM
Rammygirl wrote:Here in Australia spring is starting to spring. The frogs in the creek are getting very noisy and the birds are getting territorial.
I still find it weird being our of sync.

I spent six weeks in NZ during the July -August time of year. I'd be working away at my desk and look up about 4:30 to see it DARK outside. In JULY! That was so strange for someone from the northern hemisphere.

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Sep 15, 17 7:52 AM
I love them All! Living on the southeast coast of the USA
(not too far south) we have mostly moderate weather
all year round (except for hurricanes!!!). I LOVE not
shoveling snow, which we did in the
upper Midwest for almost 50 years.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 15, 17 8:02 AM
Hey there,

What a fun thread! Fall is definitely my favorite season not just because the leaves change their color and I find it stunning, but also because my water bill goes down. No need to water my lawn all the time due to HOA rules!

Happy posting everyone!

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 09/15/2017 at 8:03:19 AM PST

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Sep 15, 17 8:39 AM
My favorite season is Spring. The cold snowy days are over! And I love to see things turning green again. Unfortunately, in Michigan Spring lasts for about a week (LOL).

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 15, 17 10:33 AM
I love every season for its own special colours, smells, taste and feel.

Winter -- Though I don't like the cold (it can be minus 30 Celsius here) I have learned to enjoy the beauty and the serenity of activities like snowshoeing in the mountains.

Spring is a delight with trees slowly turning green, the much needed moisture in the air, and the days becoming longer.

Summer is mixed for me. I love the longer days and all the festivals and the atmosphere of people enjoying that brief period (here) where patios of all sorts are pleasant places to be. I don't, however, take well to heat so often emerge outside in the early morning or evenings.

Autumn is my favourite. Though it is definitely bittersweet as the days become shorter. I resonate to the colours and the crispness of the days. Oddly enough, autumn is the time I think of for new beginnings or new episodes in my life.

icema_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by icema_ on Sep 15, 17 11:16 AM
kdreetz wrote:Lower power bill now that A/C doesn't have to run 24/7

Same bill since the heat runs 24/7 and I get cold very easy...just can't win

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 15, 17 11:24 AM
For those who love Fall then you would be absolutely blown away by all the color that my part of the world goes through.
I am up in the Mountains North of Montreal and the sites and smells are truly mind blowing.
Every road or highway you take you are surrounded by mountains in there kaleidoscope of colors.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 15, 17 11:44 AM
eastendteddy wrote:For those who love Fall then you would be absolutely blown away by all the color that my part of the world goes through.
I am up in the Mountains North of Montreal and the sites and smells are truly mind blowing.
Every road or highway you take you are surrounded by mountains in there kaleidoscope of colors.

Randy, I spent a year in Montreal and I agree with you about the absolute splendour of the autumn colours. Truly fantastic.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 15, 17 12:06 PM
Did you make it up North??
That is where the true beauty is and no not because I live up here lol but it is truly breathtaking.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 15, 17 12:53 PM
Yes, Randy, up to the Laurentides a few times. Wonderful.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Sep 15, 17 1:12 PM
Hmmm, seasons, what are they? Here in Scotland we have had only one this year, I think in Asia it is called the monsoon season, but here in Edinburgh we call it normal!!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 15, 17 1:18 PM
So very glad Elsamerald that you got up here and had a good time, and yes it is wonderful.
Hope you can make it back some day.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 15, 17 1:31 PM
Thanks, Randy.
Had I been offered a permanent position there at the time I would gladly have stayed. I love so much about that area and the people.
But had to go where the job was. So Calgary became my home. And I have grown to love it too. The majestic Rocky Mountains on my doorstep. And it's ever so sunny here . Even in the depths of winter the sun shines most days.

[Post New]by lilredhood on Sep 16, 17 7:49 PM
here in texas where I live we don't get much change. one day the trees have leaves then the next day they the don't. I miss seeing the change of colors. we also don't get too much change in temperature. the weather does cool down from being real hot to be being less hot and does some times get cold. there have been a few times when we have gotten below fifty but not very often. every once in blue moon we get some snow. about 10 years ago we got snow for easter.
lrh out

Wuza
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Wuza on Sep 17, 17 5:34 AM
Love Fall
The colors ,cool temps. , less mowing, no ac or heat running, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Hate fall
Allergies, raking leaves and shorter days

das100
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by das100 on Sep 17, 17 6:05 AM
Dbingamen wrote:My favorite season is Spring. The cold snowy days are over! And I love to see things turning green again. Unfortunately, in Michigan Spring lasts for about a week (LOL).

i totally agree with you about spring...it's about the same as here in New Hampshire... and NOOO more heating bills for a few months...

i like fall...the comfort food cooking...and the colors & pulling sweaters out of the closet...like a few ppl have stated the COLORS are amazing

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Sep 17, 17 6:20 AM
I like Spring the best, being able to plant new flowers around the yard without breaking a sweat. Spring begins early in SW Florida, usually the end of February and only lasts 2 to 3 weeks.

I think I've acclimated to our non-changing seasons too well. In the Winter when temperature highs only reach 70 degrees, I am making a pot of chili and wearing a sweater in the house! When it dips lower than 70 we turn the heater on just enough to get the "chill" out. LOL

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Sep 17, 17 8:07 AM
I love fall!

Temp's are cool but not cold which is wonderful. The trees are so beautiful. Halloween, Thanksgiving (just been put on really awful new dietary limits so I may love it a lot less from now on but still), and my grandson's birthday! I swear my daughter held out for October because it's her favorite month.

Only two things wrong with fall -- the freaking time change (can we not already even the farmers hate it) and winter follows. I do understand those who like winter. It's beautiful and a quiet, gentle snowfall is so peaceful but I can't take the cold and now, I'm reliant on a power chair so it's not just slip-sliding that drives me mad but I am literally housebound unless being driven somewhere. Honestly, it's going to be challenging just to get my trash to the building dumpster. I'm glad they placed it away from the building at the other end of the parking lot -- 3 seasons out of the year.

D-NY

Go to: