_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Eternity

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 1, 10 7:08 AM
A quick digression for a bundle of Thank-you's:

gimmegames, thanks for the explanation of the 'time machine on the left'. From what Grandpa was saying (or as I understood him), I kept trying to find pictures, plans, blueprints with the "whole" thing on the left side, on that board or the walls... so it may have been a language thing also, but in any case I didn't recognize that stuff over there as time machine at all, LOL. I don't have any technical imagination, obviously; with your explanation, I still had to check the image in the W/t...
So, thanks also to Margie B! for a great walkthrough, as always

sokjeff, thanks for saying thank you and for the question about the moment of choice in the first place!

And I'm still planning to buy/play the game! *G*

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 1, 10 7:10 AM
I love this game. Of course, I am an adventure/IHOG enthusiast but to me, the graphics were great, I liked the way I could move easily from room to room. It has varying degrees of difficulty...........some easy and some hard. I'm playing in the classic mode which is harder and I still haven't found it too hard yet.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 1, 10 7:17 AM
It's a definite buy from me too.

C

s_jjones
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by s_jjones on May 1, 10 7:23 AM
Thank all of you for your help - will check out the walkthrough, have my club credit coming up later today -

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on May 1, 10 7:26 AM
Nice game and I want 2 thank margieB for walk thru as I dont think I could have figured out this game without her walk thru.

[Post New]by fernalt on May 1, 10 7:35 AM
I bought the game and was playing it came to the part where I need to combine items for the arrow to use against the minotaur. I am getting frustrated and I went to check the walkthrough but the feather didn't end on the ground when the bird went after the mouse. What do I do now? Please Help!!!

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 1, 10 7:43 AM
hi to all you fishes in the pond just want to say murdock you got this one right.it gives a little of every thing.works well on my 24 inch screen. nice & clear sceans love the new twist on the objects when 2 or more go together.this is abuy for me 5 out of 5 no gooofs on this one great job bf. this will keep me happy till azada 3 comes out i hope. if you fishes want to know this has 14 chapters in it.have a great wkend & enjoy

jma0909
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jma0909 on May 1, 10 8:02 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts reviews. I have been with BFG for a couple of years and only a few months ago "discovered" the review section of each game. (duh!) This could have saved me from purchasing some games that were not my "cup of tea". I will post my thoughts on games I demo, if anyone is interested. Thanks Fishies. Love BFG! Was with another game site R.A. for several years, suffered through viruses and scant choices.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 1, 10 8:06 AM
fernalt wrote:I bought the game and was playing it came to the part where I need to combine items for the arrow to use against the minotaur. I am getting frustrated and I went to check the walkthrough but the feather didn't end on the ground when the bird went after the mouse. What do I do now? Please Help!!!

I will not label this as a spoiler because I think people should know this before playing since it could stop them from continuing the game...

Apparently there is a bug in the game, you have to open the cage first and place the mouse on the ground second, if you do it out of sequence, the feather will not appear.

Please see the forum "SPOILER Bug with 225BC (minotaur)" to view the discussion.

You will have to start the game over to get past this bug.

Good Luck

Margie B

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 1, 10 9:03 AM
I'm 20 mins. into the demo and not sure if I'll buy this game. I have a wide screen and the graphics are difficult to see at times, especially the hidden objects one needs to find. The tasks instructions are not clear and I'm totally confused (at best). I've played several games in April that I loved (Deadtime being one) so this game is a tad disappointing. I'll finish the demo, take into consideration all the comments in the forum and decide then if I will pay full price or wait until it's a DD.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on May 1, 10 9:10 AM
Sort of a let down after Deadtime Stories....objects too small and dark. Definitely not a buy for me

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 1, 10 9:26 AM
Thanks Lauder and _DD_

Margie B

[Post New]by Coronagold on May 1, 10 9:52 AM
Someone earlier posted the rudeness of the characters. I laughed when I read that. I've noticed some games turn me off when I arrive somewhere & immediately a character starts telling you to do this, find that, bake me a cake, gather my flowers, fix my engine, etc.
Sorry, I'm not from the government and I'm not here to help you. Try a different narrative.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on May 1, 10 10:49 AM
Thank goodness for Margie's W/T because the game totally lacks direction w/o it. Think I'll ditto some of the other comments..........I got bored with it too so not on my list of wants.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on May 1, 10 11:37 AM
I don't comment much but had to say how very disappointed I was in this game, Mushroom Age was a similar theme and was much more interesting. Got 1/3 thru in demo and that was after losing time because I couldn't understand some of the hints, even after switching to casual mode! Seemed like there were only a couple of tasks in each section of the levels, not very complex because there were not a lot of things to do or find. Graphics were great but seemed like a lot of work for very little time spent in each place. I checked the walkthrough and it looked like I could sail thru the rest of the game in another hour. Just not worth it.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on May 1, 10 12:16 PM
Before the trial ended I got really bored. It's an OK game but It doesn’t make it up to my expectations, which are quite high thanks to some developers who have given us amazing IHOGs, PG, and AG in the past 3 months. Sorry this one is not for me. I'm not giving it a but not a either.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 1, 10 12:54 PM
I'm surprised by the number of negative comments about this game. I very much enjoyed the demo and will be using one of my game credits to purchase this game. It doesn't spoon feed you so it's more of an adventure game than a HOG. I like that. I also like that there are two modes to play. And I like the music. And the graphics look good on my screen. And it's a fun theme, time travel! I'm a solid science fiction buff and love when a game comes out that is in the genre of science fiction, supernatural, fantasy or horror. You have to move the cursor around all over the screen to find what to do next, but thankfully when you are finished with an area, it's checked off. Good game.

[Post New]by ladynorth on May 1, 10 1:03 PM
I like a few of you, am not sure whether I am going to buy this or not. I hate having to use hints too much in a game. It is a bit confusing and frustrating not knowing what your suppose to do next. The ghapics are great though and the whole game is rather unique in game play. I'm still working on a couple games I bought to fill last months punch card so I think this is going on my maybe list.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 1, 10 2:22 PM
I played the demo and when my time was up, I bought it. When I went back to the game to continue where I left off, I couldn't. So now I have to start all over again and that royaly sucks.

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on May 1, 10 3:08 PM
Liked this game. A bit easy but fun and enjoyable. My only beef is that all these "famous" people - not a single nod to women throughout history. Where was Joan of Arc? Hera? Cleopatra? Madame Currie?
How about another version with some girl power?
Worth buying.

Go to: