Tabbystar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Tiger eye curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by Tabbystar on Oct 4, 10 7:36 AM
I can confirm this is a GREAT game. I was very sceptical about a romance HOG, but was not disappointed - and I am officially bored of HOGS yet was not bored playing this (completed it in one sitting). The puzzles are just the right difficulty and the story is great and the game looks fantastic with just the right amount of dialogue and art. I was so intrigued by the story line I went out and bought the book - which is very good too but I guess it might spoil some of the intrigue of part II of the game.

Where is part II anyway? I can't WAIT for it! If you haven't played this because you have been put off by its romance theme (as was I at first) go get it now! Try a demo, then you will be buying in no time. The searching parts are good too. Not super easy and interactive.

Lol best line from Hari 'do you wish me to pleasure your body?' or words to that effect. I SAY!

[Post New]by smileyleeann on Apr 22, 11 6:08 AM
This game is the exact opposite of games like Mystery PI: Lost in Los Angeles. I bought it after playing about 30 minutes of the demo. I was so happy to discover how many different concepts in this game!

The only game mechanic I would ask for, is to be able to click the screen and make the dialogue go faster. I like the dialogue, just want to speed read through it, not have to wait for the dramatic reading.

I really enjoyed all the mini-games. At a new screen or scene, there's a list in the lower right corner of what you need to do. Find 12 mahjong tiles, Play 3 mini-games, complete puzzle on door. There's a matching game between certain levels. I think this is one of the best games I've played in a long time.

I will buy part 2 as soon as it is available.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 22, 11 7:43 AM
Glad I checked out this forum! I bought this during the Spring Fever sale. Very enjoyable game and I loved the puzzles. Just noticed though, I have to get 50 psi points to 'unlock' the extra's. But from what I can gather, the 'extra's' might not be worth unlocking.

So you win some, and lose some, but it's still worth it for the puzzles (and the story) hope they do get round to making the sequel.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 22, 11 3:40 PM
I've played this three times and I still haven't scored high enough to access the bonus.

I wonder when the sequel will be released.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 22, 11 3:49 PM
The developers originally were aiming to release Tiger Eye Part 2 in January of this year (2011), so I guess the game development got stalled I do so hope that the story continues, soon!

Passion Fruit Games, if you're paying attention, I'll be happy to beta hehe

Off to bump the developer thread!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Apr 22, 11 11:04 PM
I think this is one of the most under-rated games; being labeled as a "romance" made me avoid it for a long time. When I finally tried it, I found it was so much more! Recently, in my web wanderings, I came across some site that said the sequel was now scheduled for "late 2011". (They can take all the time they want, as long as it comes out as good as the first one).

Go to: