dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Post any Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues here only

[Post New]by dewieee on May 4, 10 10:56 AM
dewieee wrote:
Volauvent wrote:
The_Lizard wrote:I got all the way to the end of Chapter 2 and am really enjoying the game. But it now seems to have frozen. I have the Emperor's silk cloak but the game won't allow me to give it to the Emperor, so I can't progress any further.

Ditto. Very frustrating.

Look in the room with the old woman and look on the bed. Even though the cloak was in the left hand bottom of my screen apparently it was only a picture of it. I found the actually finished cloak lying on the bed. Hope this helps.

I think I posted too quickly..heh. You are welcome.

[Post New]by woody029 on May 4, 10 11:28 AM
I am on the first chapter and have found everything but the one piece of the wand. The help keeps telling to search other places in both rooms. Can anyone help me out on what to do next.

Thanks!

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on May 4, 10 12:28 PM
Sooooooo frustrating. I'm just going to uninstall (once again). Boy, is this becoming tiresome.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on May 4, 10 2:57 PM
woody029 wrote:I am on the first chapter and have found everything but the one piece of the wand. The help keeps telling to search other places in both rooms. Can anyone help me out on what to do next.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't help. Chapter 1 feels like 10 years ago. I have had to use the hints more in this game than in any game I have played.. Just keep going between real time and illusion and then hit hint. Good luck.

Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen63 on May 4, 10 4:50 PM
Can't pick up mandrake root to put on engine. Cursor keeps disappearing. Not very well tested game I'd say.

[Post New]by yokayo60 on May 5, 10 12:16 AM
I have the root and am back on the ship but I can't pick up the root either. I have a cursor but nothing happens when I click on the root. Can someone help me?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 5, 10 5:41 AM
I can't even get it to run. I downloaded it, started it...and the first scene craaaaawled by, with the sound stuttering at every opportunity. It finally froze when Catherine decided to find a way to leave the library; the screen went completely black and the cursor remained a rotating circle. I couldn't even turn it off. I had to do a hard reboot.

Then I tried again. Nothing had saved the first time, incidentally. This time when I got to the first scene, I pushed the SKIP button...and the game instantly froze. The cursor would not move away from the button.

I did another hard reboot and uninstalled the game from my computer.

On a scale of one to ten, this game has earned a negative eleven.

pansy12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pansy12 on May 5, 10 1:15 PM
lovestoseek wrote:well I D/Led 2 times and I get this when I try to start it up..Error Access Violation at 0x004ED3DE (tried to read 0X00000000) program terminated) Thats what it bsays then goes away..????

pansy12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pansy12 on May 5, 10 1:22 PM
Hi got all the way to chapter 2, got so far in chater 3 but then message comes up to say deleting game?? very disappointed was really enjoying this game, can you help thanks

matthew06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by matthew06 on May 5, 10 1:54 PM
I played the trial period on BF and liked the game. Bought the game today and kept getting the error msg "Bad CRC: profile1.prf" after getting a black screen and must use task manager to quit game. Have windows 7 and ran a CRC repair program but must buy the non-trial version to get help. (as usual) Any suggestions anyone?

[Post New]by canadianfem on May 6, 10 9:12 AM
Vixen63 wrote:Can't pick up mandrake root to put on engine. Cursor keeps disappearing. Not very well tested game I'd say.

hey... i went back to the garden and used a hint.. it showed the mandrake once again in the pot, i picked it up (again) and went back to the ship, it worked

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on May 6, 10 9:19 AM
I am getting sick to death of this game. I really thought it was going to be great but oh no........................freezing cursor then sort that out and game freezes then get get access violation. Have been in touch with cs, no response.

Really upset, why bother paying money and then get something that wont play.
This is not the first time and bugs seem to be cropping up more and more.

O.k enough ranting now, down BP down.

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on May 6, 10 9:26 AM
And another thing, hate to uninstall and reinstall as then I have to start from scratch again.

Sorry for the grumpy old Podette, worked non stop for two weeks so blooming well shot at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by kash68 on May 6, 10 10:07 AM
cant get game to run took forever to load and then got game terminated access violation

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on May 6, 10 6:16 PM
I can't even get the game started. The game freezes and I have to unplug my laptop to get out. I've done this twice. I'll probably try uninstalling then re install, but not tonight. Too tired to even try.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on May 8, 10 7:51 AM
I'm getting really frustrated with the hints. I'm in Chapter 2, and when I'm in the old woman's room and click the hint button, it highlights the boat. I go back on the boat, click the hint button, and it highlights the boat again. Back and forth, back and forth and I'm not getting anywhere. Help! I'm still missing pieces from each scene.

lmcutie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lmcutie on May 9, 10 5:20 AM
lovestoseek wrote:well I D/Led 2 times and I get this when I try to start it up..Error Access Violation at 0x004ED3DE (tried to read 0X00000000) program terminated) Thats what it bsays then goes away..????

I get the same problem. I have tried deleting the game and re-installing it, but get the same problem. VERY frustrating.

I cant even start the game. Please help

Edited on 05/09/2010 at 5:21:36 AM PST

thagrouch19
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by thagrouch19 on May 9, 10 12:35 PM
im having problems with the ships wheel. i've put the root thing on the crystal ball thing and clicked on ships wheel and no success, it tells me i nee to prepare the flying ship first. SO WHAT TO DO NOW I ASK. HELP ME PLEASE SO I CAN FINISH CHAPTER 1. THANKS

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on May 9, 10 1:10 PM
I had the same problem gailweis. But I finally figured out that there was a piece of an object on the boat that the hint was showing.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 10, 10 6:50 PM
End of Chapter 5, first spot-the-difference puzzle, tripod does not respond to clicking. Unable to complete that puzzle because you cannot select the tripod to clear it from the picture.

Go to: