gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gertie23 on Sep 24, 17 4:04 PM
Had no problem with the download (took 10 minutes), had no problem with the startup, it was quick. I started the game and after speaking to LeStrade the game directs you to the door of the auction house? When I go there I get a runtime error and the game stops, so I go back in and go to other places in the 'first scene' and then you have no choice but to go back to the door, same thing, a 'runtime' error and the game stops.

Jeez, BF can't you make sure the games are playable BEFORE you offer them up?

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jtrigg on Sep 24, 17 5:26 PM
This game appears to have issues with loading, exiting and frequent freezing . Many users are reporting same . I am going to delete this game .

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 25, 17 11:23 AM
Hi gertie23 and jtrigg,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring within your game. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present as we definitely want to help get things up and running as they should. Our games are tested before they released and we do understand that with the different permutations of computers on the market today that technical issues can appear. For both of these issues it is recommended to ensure that your video card driver is current and to run the game as an administrator. Both of these steps help to ensure that the game has the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. Please refer to the following help pages for these steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide more in depth troubleshooting that the forums cannot provide.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by calmcarolyn7 on Sep 25, 17 8:34 PM
lolaluv wrote:I can't even get it to install. Bought the game, but it won't install to Game Manager. Have tried getting to purchase history within Game Manager and it has crashed GM twice. Sounds like getting it to install is just the start of the problems. Boo.
I have the same problem. It will not download at all, and I've tried every possible way, from Purchase History, Buy and then Activate, delete and start again, reinstall Game Manager. Nothing works at all.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 26, 17 2:23 PM
Hello calmcarolyn7,

I'm so sorry the game isn't installing in the Game Manager and that the troubleshooting steps that were suggested haven't fixed the issue. Our Technical Support Team will be the best equipped to continue working with you to resolve this matter. Please contact them and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report with in inquiry.

Thank you for all of the work you've done and for your patience. Please PM me (or one of my colleagues) if further questions arise. We'll be glad to provide assistance.

bfgBeruna

ascorpion
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by ascorpion on Sep 27, 17 4:09 PM
Same exact problem! Downloaded, started, go to first scene to the door, blank screen, game stops. Uninstalled, reinstalled, tried again, actually afraid to go to the door, obviously had to in order to progress, but alas same problem.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 27, 17 4:14 PM
Hi ascorpion,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing the issue where the game goes to a blank screen and then stops. If you haven't already, please try to ensure that your video card driver is current and run the game as an administrator. Both of these steps help ensure that the game has the necessary permissions to run as it should. I'll include the specific Big Fish Games Help pages below:

If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to the Customer Support Team. The Support Team is better equipped with the tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

ascorpion
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by ascorpion on Sep 28, 17 1:34 PM
Is there a fix for a runtime error? Still can't get past the door. Didn't want a coupon. Wanted to play this game. Purchased, paid for, no play value.

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Sep 28, 17 2:17 PM
Runtime error at the door here too! There are enough people reporting the same problem, in the same place, that this seems to be a game issue. We can uninstall and reinstall 'til the cows come home, and it won't work until BFG issues a fix....

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 28, 17 5:33 PM
Hello ascorpion and nintendomo,

I'm sorry to hear that a runtime error is occurring when trying to play the game. These errors can definitely put a stop to a good time, and I'd be happy to provide some suggested steps to try, as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance become necessary.

If you haven't tried the following steps, I recommend seeing if running the game as an Administrator can help, as sometimes a runtime error can occur if the game is requesting permissions it doesn't currently have. If you'd like to try that step, the following page can help out:

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a description of what has happened and the title of the game. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you both for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

ascorpion
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by ascorpion on Sep 30, 17 10:33 AM
Is there any way to completely remove the game from my computer and reinstall as if I just purchased it? BTW I did purchase the full game at full price but as you can now know I've never been able to play it because of a runtime error. I am not tech savvy but I wondered if, without having to pay for it again, obviously, I can start anew. Maybe that will fix the glitch.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 30, 17 10:43 AM
Hello ascorpion,

I'm sorry to hear the game hasn't been playable. Since the previous troubleshooting steps haven't worked, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team instead of uninstalling the game completely. They'll be able to provide a new suggestion about how to proceed.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Oct 1, 17 11:24 AM
This game will only play for maybe 3 minutes and then it stops and error message says it is a run time error. I have no idea what is going on other than I bought a game that I can't play. Have tried twice. Any suggestions?

modocuser
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by modocuser on Oct 2, 17 10:14 AM
yvonnehoho wrote:love the game, but it took at least 5 minutes before it started, and the same when I tried to exit. Same when I wanted to play to game with he crowns, after about 5 minutes it "moved" again.
PC is less than 3 weeks old, other games I play without hesitation.
Help

modocuser
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by modocuser on Oct 2, 17 10:18 AM
I had the same problems with starting and it crashes a lot and when I finally got to bonus game it would start the first part over again this game has a lot of problems

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 3, 17 3:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm sorry there's been trouble with this game and am swimming over to provide some useful help pages.

The first help page contains instructions for how to check that a computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver determines how graphics will be displayed on a computer, and its developers will release updates to keep everything running smoothly.

In addition, it'd be a good idea to run the game as an administrator. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs. Please see the second help page for further instruction.

Should these suggestions not fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. The other moderators and I are also here and can be reached via a PM if we're needed. Have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Sonia61958 on Oct 8, 17 8:55 PM
I only got to play for about 3 minutes Runtime error Window 10

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jan 2, 18 6:08 PM
Well, that was special - and not in a good way.

I finished the main game last night, but needed to head off to bed since I had to go back to work today.

I got home from work and thought I'd play the Bonus Game.

In Game Manager, I click "play," it makes the "bloop" sound, and nothing happens. I did remember that this game loaded slowly yesterday, but this time, it didn't load at all. Then I got the Dreaded Error 809, telling me a game is already running.

No, it's not.

Task Manager does not see it running. It is not minimized to the taskbar. It is not freaking running.

I restarted my machine and tried again. Same result. Tried once more. Same result.

I have now wasted an hour of my gaming time trying to get this game to load, so that I can finish it. Guess not. On to something else.

More and more, there always seem to be issues with games that won't load or are otherwise unplayable. Might be time to find a new hobby.

Go to: