bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for MatchVentures here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 30, 17 1:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience. I'm so sorry that so many games are experiencing glitches and will do my absolute best to fix that.

Since it sounds like multiple games have experienced progression blocks, let's try troubleshooting these problems as if they're display issues. First I'd recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly.

Please see the following help page more further instructions:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It would also be a good idea to run this game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs. I've included a help page with those instructions below as well:

Run Game as Administrator

If these suggestions don't fix the game, or if I didn't address your inquiry, please contact our Technical Support Team. Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by justmom55 on Sep 30, 17 9:58 PM
The game is freezing on level 9 after the battle portion. I have tried twice, won the battle both times then it just stays on the board. I cannot click out of it anywhere. It does seem to suggest moves behind the swirling clouds and stars but I cannot do anything. Have to go to task manager to get out of the game.

I am running as administrator and have never had any issues with games freezing. Running Windows 10.

Thanks.

Rhea509
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Level 4 webs

[Post New]by Rhea509 on Sep 30, 17 10:57 PM
Cannot find the web potion. How does this appear.
SOLVED. Went on to the next stage and it appeared so went back and used it.

Edited on 09/30/2017 at 11:06:23 PM PST

[Post New]by ladybug2000 on Oct 1, 17 8:46 AM
queticogal wrote:
iheathco wrote:I'm in level 11 and tried the boss battle but didn't win. When I return to that screen later, I get stuck. Tiles won't move and there is no "back" or menu option. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tips (other than uninstall and reinstall) to get out of it? I'm using a Mac running Sierra.

I'm having the same problem. Using a PC with Windows 10.
Have uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still persists.

I am having the same problem w/ the battle on level 24/25. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it does not help. It completely ties up all games and it is necessary to log out in order to get to other games

[Post New]by 19ml53 on Oct 1, 17 10:34 AM
Hi like a lot of you I was having problems on level 31. Got rid of all gold tiles no machete.Couldn't get any further because of the ice in one corner and the webs in the other. So I resorted to the old faithful, I shut down the computer left it for a few seconds and switched it back on. Started level again and there was the machete in the gold tiles top right beside the ice tiles.Continued the rest of the level with no bother. Hope this helps.

coolmom4
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by coolmom4 on Oct 1, 17 2:22 PM
The game freezes on level

using the Mac platform. Very unhappy with this. How can I get past this? I do not want to delate and reinstall. I really love this game.

[Post New]by patty3333 on Oct 2, 17 12:02 AM
I am on level six cleared all boards but can not advance to the next level please help

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 2, 17 6:21 AM
patty3333 wrote:I am on level six cleared all boards but can not advance to the next level please help

Welcome to the pond!

If you truly have cleared all the rooms in the level a green check mark will appear at the bottom right of the screen and you can click on that to bail out of the level without the badge if you don't care about "doing everything". Otherwise, you have to keep looking around in all your rooms for whatever it was you missed, which can be a LOT of things. See the general tips thread for more details.

[Post New]by sysgoddess on Oct 3, 17 3:38 PM
Hello!! Im on level 62 I....and Im in a battle...and its the other guys turn...and he wont go...It just sets there giving me options...on moving and the V is over the one I am fighting...I cant get out of that level to play on. I have logged out and back in and nothing works!!! HELP!!!

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Oct 3, 17 8:20 PM
coolmom4 wrote:The game freezes on level

using the Mac platform. Very unhappy with this. How can I get past this? I do not want to delate and reinstall. I really love this game.

Hi,

I stopped playing the battles. Sometimes I go to a room where there is a battle, and I can gracefully exit to my conscientious objector state and not play those rooms at all. Sometimes if I am in the room and can let it play out and just let the opponent win - sometimes takes 10 reboots to have the opponent get past one more interaction.

Wish there was an optional configuration at the setting level. I would go on yang battle games if I wanted them. I don't go on big fish to play those games. In fact, I trust I WILL NOT BE EXPOSED to those games. An occasional "arcade" game is offered. I will run run run away from those.

It's actually bad enough that Big Fish continues to have games where women are held captive, lots of dead skeletons, men dominating women. But usually those are hidden object, not match 3 or time management games.

So circling back - try to lose lots by picking random matches that don't correspond to either players "column" to get to the "YOU LOSE" point, and then watch that you use the navigation x to back out of any battle games you encounter later in the game.

Like the game, but wish I could toggle those rooms to "Skip" "I HATE THIS" something. Developers, are you listening?

Manybears
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Manybears on Oct 4, 17 10:17 PM
Well, you got further than I did. My game shut down at level 61 and nothing I did fixed the problem, so I think there's a bug in the game that they either didn't anticipate or it is having a nervous breakdown.

[Post New]by Shebee345 on Oct 5, 17 11:58 AM
I'm at level 61 and cannot go any further. There is a room available on my map but the game won't let me jump there! Is this a glitch?

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Oct 5, 17 1:39 PM
queticogal wrote:
iheathco wrote:I'm in level 11 and tried the boss battle but didn't win. When I return to that screen later, I get stuck. Tiles won't move and there is no "back" or menu option. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tips (other than uninstall and reinstall) to get out of it? I'm using a Mac running Sierra.

I'm having the same problem. Using a PC with Windows 10.
Have uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still persists.

Same problem. Windows 10. Level 22 I think.

CNew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Level 34 Mini Game

[Post New]by CNew on Oct 5, 17 2:20 PM
Level 34 Mini Game with numbers gird, they all turned to green and have correct answer but game would not proceed. I had to cancel the mini game. I have a print screen as proof. I didn't see a way to attach it.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Level 31 needs fixing!

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Oct 5, 17 3:27 PM
Hi am having same trouble as other players on level 31.

Tried blowing up the boxes inside the webs and the boxes. Cleared the board. No machete and no key silver key to open the box.

Tried switching mode to regular to see if it would work like that. I was able to get the machete but was unable to actually use it. (picture showing machete in upper right would not let me "grab" it.)

Tried rebooting my computer and trying again on level 31 in both relaxed (which I started with) and regular got nowhere.

So now I have an unplayable game. I would like to play all the way through.

Edited on 10/05/2017 at 3:30:00 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 5, 17 5:28 PM
Howdy Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience and for taking the time to provide both what is being experienced as well as what steps have been tried and have helped or not. I just wanted to provide some suggested steps to try for some of these issues as well as how to contact our Support Team, should more help be necessary or those steps not seem to help.

First I recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date, as this can clear up a lot of common issues a game may run into while being played. Just in case it is helpful, the following article contains those steps:

It might also help, if those above steps don't seem to work, to run this game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs to run as smoothly as possible. The following page can assist with setting the game to run with those permissions:

For players who have already tried those steps or would like more assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with the title of the game and a description of what is being experienced. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 5, 17 7:26 PM
I've posted about this elsewhere, but I've noticed my CPU gets a little warmer than usual when playing this game. With really simple games the computer doesn't warm up at all, but with this one I was about to start breaking a sweat after a few hours with the heated air coming off the computer! This makes me wonder if all the posts about the game freezing are because it is such a high demand program that not all computers are going to be able to run it well.

I never had any freezing issues, but if you're on a laptop, older PC, or anything not marketed as a "gaming computer" you may be better off asking CS for a game credit. Especially if you notice your computer getting outright hot, as it's entirely possible you could literally burn up your computer?

[Post New]by TooTallProd on Oct 6, 17 4:37 PM
Castle Buildings are locked. I've got 30000 plus monies but I cant' build - in between levels all options to add to the castle are blocked. I'm on relaxed-mode - is that the problem?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 6, 17 4:57 PM
Hello SynthpopAddict and TooTallProd,

I'm sorry there have been troubles with your games and am here to help.

SynthpopAddict: If your computer's CPU has been getting too hot, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide more assistance with this.

TooTallProd: Since the Castle Buildings are locked, this might be a display issue. Please check that the video card driver of the computer is up to date. The help page below will walk you through that process.

Please also try running the game with administrator permissions. I've included a help page containing those instructions below as well.

Should these suggestions not fix the game, I'd also suggest reaching out to our Support Team for further assistance.

As always, the other moderators and I are always happy to answer questions and address concerns. Please PM one of us if anything arises.

bfgBeruna

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Oct 6, 17 11:22 PM
I can build on relaxed mode so don't think that's the problem. My computer heats up quite a bit with this game too.

On the freezing, which is SO frustrating....said I wouldn't start over but I did. Bored plus like the game. Realized the first time I played it froze up on battle board but couldn't ever get out of it. Same thing happened second go-round but on level 9--battle again. Used task manager to sign out, waited a couple minutes and got back in and WHEW was able to go to another location. Have not done "battle" again and am still playing at this point. I am given the battle shield but don't go near the battle board.

Hope this helps some of the fishies.

Go to: