Enough of the complaining

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Enough of the complaining

[Post New]by Strixi on Sep 28, 17 11:36 PM
It was a great update--but not so great I wanted to restart from level 78 four times. Too bad I had to keep restarting from level 78 because it kept crashing and rolling me back. Lost 4 days of the current castle challenge, too as when I logged in today I was back at square one. I'm not starting over, and I probably won't play much until the next event or they fix the issues with Android.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Sep 29, 17 1:02 AM
Thank you, all of you, for a thoughtful, civil debate on the airship question. I'm so glad to be part of a forum that can intelligently discuss a matter without putting each other down, name calling, etc. What's going on today in RL news is sickening and I just wanted to say Thank You.

DEVS, thank you for a wonderful, beautiful update. I love doing the new HOS just to look at them.

Lovin' the peace in the Castle,

katiek

Edited on 09/29/2017 at 1:03:57 AM PST

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Sep 29, 17 2:12 AM

Consider the last update for a second ----
-Two more levels to go up. The devs obviously considered this to be important, and took note of it
- A problem (an actual problem) was apparent with the dragon disappearing for some, and was fixed immediately. It was considered important by the devs, and they took note of it.
- Adding information in terms of drop percentages of the pets was added because the devs considered it useful and important, and they took note of it.
-
my dragon has not come home are you sure this was fixed

Edited on 09/29/2017 at 2:14:42 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 29, 17 5:15 AM
karatopa wrote:

Consider the last update for a second ----
-Two more levels to go up. The devs obviously considered this to be important, and took note of it
- A problem (an actual problem) was apparent with the dragon disappearing for some, and was fixed immediately. It was considered important by the devs, and they took note of it.
- Adding information in terms of drop percentages of the pets was added because the devs considered it useful and important, and they took note of it.
-
my dragon has not come home are you sure this was fixed

Some players had Arabella disappear before her quests were completed. That was fixed by the developers. A fix for the missing dragon has not been released.

If you haven't done so already, contact customer service and tell them that your game has also lost the dragon. Somebody posted in the forum that CS was going to fix their game MANUALLY. If that is still the plan, your game won't get fixed unless CS knows that you have a problem. alternatively, you can wait until the next update is released, but nobody knows when that will be.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Sep 29, 17 5:28 AM
I can see that if DQ'S are not an important element of play to a player where requests for changes to airship seem meaningless. I believe players who are working on those achievements and Trina's achievements work as hard as they can to make them work together and conserve inventory as much as possible. Some delay making progress in the game. Developers put those elements in the game and there are a few (maybe a very few) who have decided to try to achieve them. If a player has never done DQ'S and they have been playing for any length of time they probably do have a lot of airship items even if they do Castle Challenges. Imagine doing a CC that requests sending airships every day to get those a avatars. Only in doing daily quests, can you see your airship items disappear (the daily quest requires 40 and you send off one for 200 or more) or (it asks for 240 and the airship has 220 and the next one may very well 280). The same can be said for Zoom Zone inventory but when we run out of an item it is easier to replace (although when you need to visit the same ZZ 5 times in one DQ) not quickly. Each of us have a strategy to manage these issues and we encourage each other. So if you are a top level player and have already reached the end of new content give it a try. Work on DQ'S for a week. Do 1,2 or 3 in a day. See what the challenges are before being so critical.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 29, 17 5:47 AM
It's been claimed by one poster that the developers want the achievements to take a long time.

DQ achievements were introduced in the Oct 2015 update, almost 2 years ago.

The change to the ZZ's, which were part of a rebalancing of the earlier levels, didn't occur until the July 2016 update.

People HAVE been working on them a long time.

If players weren't meant to DO multiple DQ's a day, the game would have been programmed to ISSUE only 1 DQ a day. That's how it works in other games. What's the point of supplying an endless stream of quests that you are not supposed to do?

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Sep 29, 17 8:46 AM
Here's a thought:

Along the lines of what I get for complaining about the unfairness of something in game, if you don't like it don't do it (which I find totally unfair, I should have to neither shut up nor exclude myself from game content) --

But, since you most likely are one who handed me that, in the same unfair vein, if you don't like complaint threads, don't read them.

But trying to shut up other players who are only expressing where they can what is bothering them IN A GAME THEY OTHERWISE LOVE is just morally wrong. I guess you're not an advocate of free speech.

As long as they abide by forum rules, there's absolutely no reason a player with a complaint (and I guarantee what you don't consider legit many do) shouldn't feel free to voice it here. Nor should they be chastised for doing so. Who do you think you are to scold them like that? I'm sorry but really the ego involved to tell fellow members of the forum what they can and cannot post about astounds.

With all due respect,
D-NY

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 29, 17 9:54 AM
TiramaSue wrote:It's been claimed by one poster that the developers want the achievements to take a long time.

DQ achievements were introduced in the Oct 2015 update, almost 2 years ago.

The change to the ZZ's, which were part of a rebalancing of the earlier levels, didn't occur until the July 2016 update.

People HAVE been working on them a long time.

If players weren't meant to DO multiple DQ's a day, the game would have been programmed to ISSUE only 1 DQ a day. That's how it works in other games. What's the point of supplying an endless stream of quests that you are not supposed to do?

Wow TiramaSue! The ZZ achievement came out almost a year before the rebalancing? That means you had needed 2 Murderer's Eyes for the Iron Chest, ouch. (as just one example)

My original game was in 2014. At that time, I did work on DQ's, but not as aggressively as I do now. But I sure am glad it was changed. With how hard I work now, I'm not sure I would have even bothered to aspire to complete the achievement. Kudos to all those who did, who completed, and who continue to work on it.

Edited on 09/29/2017 at 9:54:50 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 29, 17 10:08 AM
gtminer wrote:
Wow TiramaSue! The ZZ achievement came out almost a year before the rebalancing? That means you had needed 2 Murderer's Eyes for the Iron Chest, ouch. (as just one example)

My original game was in 2014. At that time, I did work on DQ's, but not as aggressively as I do now. But I sure am glad it was changed. With how hard I work now, I'm not sure I would have even bothered to aspire to complete the achievement. Kudos to all those who did, who completed, and who continue to work on it.

Exactly. The whole reason I started a second game was to see the difference in how the game is played vs how it was played from the beginning.

The difference is HUGE. The game is much more user friendly and easier than before. Were some changes over simplified... yes. There could have been a way to make it easier without going to some extremes. Are there still changes that need to be made... yes. Hopefully the developers will address our suggestions without going overboard and over simplify. Just want a happy medium to take some of the stress out of the most difficult aspects of the game.

We still want a challenge. Just not the impossible. There is a way to meet in the middle that can please almost everyone. Finding that solution is what the threads are all about.

When all we say is this is broken "fix it" I'm sure the dev's are scratching their heads and thinking "what do you want from us". If we state what we don't like and how we would like to see it work (offer a solution) then the dev's are more likely to make a change. If more players agree to a particular problem and the solution for then it enhances the seriousness of the issue and that's when it will get acknowledged.

Catch more flies with honey as they say.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 30, 17 3:36 AM
Well, in this area they say you can catch more bears with honey than you can with steel traps (same difference lol).

When all we say is this is broken "fix it" I'm sure the dev's are scratching their heads and thinking "what do you want from us". If we state what we don't like and how we would like to see it work (offer a solution) then the dev's are more likely to make a change. If more players agree to a particular problem and the solution for then it enhances the seriousness of the issue and that's when it will get acknowledged

and that is definitely a "honey" approach. Unfortunately, it seems ----

- the same complaint in repetitious threads over and over by the same people might be considered "steel traps" by the devs which they might view negatively. So much has been said about the airship problem that I would bet anything the devs fully understand this area of dissatisfaction by now. And, maybe they give it no thought at all ---- I'm just suggesting that the possibility exists.
- there are some posters who actually have written that they "demand" this or that, and that is certainly not the "honey" approach you are suggesting, but "steel traps". And although everyone has the right to post whatever they want (which I am all in favor of) I just don't think that that will get anywhere with the devs ---- probably the opposite.

So all I have tried to convey here is really just to ease up on that which could appear negative so as to get the desired result. As you well know, I don't play the DQs much because at this point in my game I consider them wasteful, but ---- I do see and understand the problem it creates for those who do play them.
So I believe that by following the path you outlined above, and avoiding repetition by the same people (someone else maybe start a thread?), and avoiding the harsh tone used by some, there is a much better chance of bringing about the desired change in the airship pattern.
And, again, your method suggested above (especially when you refer to the desired change as something you don't like instead of calling it a "problem") would be a really good and much more effective approach, IMO.
I hope the DQ people get what they want at some point. (Yes, really.)

Go to: