Unacceptable

Re:Unacceptable

[Post New]by GoldDolphin on Oct 11, 17 3:21 PM
OK, next time I see the name that contains both the f and c words I will forward it on. That one is not just not family friendly but out and out crude in any company.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
763 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Oct 11, 17 3:36 PM
Earlier in this thread I posted that people could take screenshots and send them in but I guess it was overlooked.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
763 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Oct 11, 17 3:53 PM
Reporting what you consider as offensive is much better than having a debate about such a sensitive subject, remember that words in a text form can be interpreted in many different ways.

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,157 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Oct 11, 17 7:07 PM
I have taken screenshots of at least 6 names and submitted them and submitted the one mentioned (not KKK) at least twice but the names are still there and the games are still being played.

IMO BFG needs to make it a requirement for their developers that all game names may be easily changed by THE MODERATORS and the program always prohibits certain words which may be offensive to a group of people. While KKK may not be offensive to some, it is clearly offensive to many and the player could easily have chosen another name.

As another example, Hell Katze actually translates as Bright Cat but would not be seen that way by English speakers. While there is nothing wrong with this name in German, it may be perceived otherwise. Pick something else. (What's worse is this name is likely game generated.)

Edited on 10/11/2017 at 7:08:48 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,304 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 12, 17 3:05 AM
mdpetdoc wrote:As another example, Hell Katze actually translates as Bright Cat but would not be seen that way by English speakers. While there is nothing wrong with this name in German, it may be perceived otherwise. Pick something else. (What's worse is this name is likely game generated.)

I have noticed several times that the german-named players don't seem to be able to add an "e" at the end of the first word of their names.

The name should not have been Hell Katze, but Helle Katze, with an "e" at the end. Although hell means light, (and with sehr (very) in front it means bright), when used with Katze, an "e" should be added at the end of the word. And I have seen several names where the "e" was missing.

Edited on 10/14/2017 at 1:54:00 AM PST

[Post New]by GoldDolphin on Oct 12, 17 3:46 PM
Earlier in this thread I posted that people could take screenshots and send them in but I guess it was overlooked.

Oooops - so you did. Sorry, I got a bit carried away. That one particular name really upsets me. Especially as I have no way of stopping it popping up on my screen.

I agree that the mods should have the access to force name changes. Why aren't the new names moderated right at the beginning?

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
763 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Oct 12, 17 4:15 PM
I don't know why the new names are not moderated, or why the help lists can't be fixed, or why we can't rotate through our followers list, or why we can't remove the inactive followers from our lists, or why we can't get any type of a tool to control the raiding, or why a confirmation can't be added when accidentally spending pearls. They don't tell us why all the things that are wrong with this game are never fixed, other than the standard canned answer that our gripes will be passed to the devs. In my opinion fixing things are very low on their priority list.

Edited on 10/12/2017 at 4:17:23 PM PST

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Oct 13, 17 1:57 AM
If Mods can alter a post then they should also be allowed to amend unacceptable names. I also cannot stress enough how needy it is to have a blocking tool and/or be able to delete people from our followers list who no longer play the game as this hampers those of us who do. I absolutely agree with everyone else who has raised these and other points.

Go to: