Have you ever...

unofrio
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Re:Have you ever...

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 9, 17 8:26 AM
I have done all of the above except the real spider crossing my screen. In my case, it was a real fly and to my surprise, I got him. He'd been buzzing around for days annoying me so I was glad. Glad it wasn't the spider though because I'd have made like Little Miss Muppet and thrown my laptop and screamed and I live in an apartment.

D-NY

mamarose1900
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,877 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Oct 9, 17 8:43 AM
LOL, Unofrio. My son loves spiders. If I'd let him, he'd have a tarantula in a terrarium in his room. He's in his 30s, so he could get it without my permission (don't tell him I said that), but I appreciate his respecting my anacrophobia. Well, except when he was 4 and thought it absolutely hilarous to stick a huge black rubber spider in my bed. I didn't scream randomly. I yelled his name and he came running laughing and laughing. Anyway, now when I see a spider, I leave it alone to decimate the flies that show up or have him take it outside.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

MaggieHand
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by MaggieHand on Oct 9, 17 3:27 PM
Oh, man, I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one. I've done all of them. I've had such a good laugh. I really needed that. Thank you

mumma_1
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Oct 9, 17 4:42 PM
have you ever......clicked on a morph opened a HOS by mistake and think huh....look at the screen as the seconds tick by then remember.....oh yeah, I need to click on the items to remove them....but with the surprise of opening the HOS you completely forget where everything is

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Oct 9, 17 4:48 PM
I just close it out when that happens.

mumma_1
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Oct 9, 17 4:53 PM
lanky46musician wrote:I just close it out when that happens.

Added to my 'duh' notes......thanks for the tip

unofrio
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 10, 17 6:25 AM
mamarose1900 wrote:LOL, Unofrio. My son loves spiders. If I'd let him, he'd have a tarantula in a terrarium in his room. He's in his 30s, so he could get it without my permission (don't tell him I said that), but I appreciate his respecting my anacrophobia. Well, except when he was 4 and thought it absolutely hilarous to stick a huge black rubber spider in my bed. I didn't scream randomly. I yelled his name and he came running laughing and laughing. Anyway, now when I see a spider, I leave it alone to decimate the flies that show up or have him take it outside.

Blech, no! Flies aren't as bad as spiders! Tip I picked up: Lemon Pledge deters spiders. They taste through their creepy legs (weird, spiders are evil) and they don't like the taste of lemon and, yes, Lemon Pledge is close enough. I use it and it's very effective.

D-NY

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,728 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 10, 17 10:33 AM
.…… Tried to catch the flying fish in Atlantis?
That's one slippery little sucker!
As elusive as the butterflies in Forest Palace that I can't seem to resist trying to catch.

[Post New]by lilredhood on Oct 11, 17 10:59 AM
tried to pick up the items in one hos that you know you can't? like the book in the wardens hut?

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
775 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 11, 17 1:23 PM
mamarose1900 wrote:LOL, Unofrio. My son loves spiders. If I'd let him, he'd have a tarantula in a terrarium in his room. He's in his 30s, so he could get it without my permission (don't tell him I said that), but I appreciate his respecting my anacrophobia. Well, except when he was 4 and thought it absolutely hilarous to stick a huge black rubber spider in my bed. I didn't scream randomly. I yelled his name and he came running laughing and laughing. Anyway, now when I see a spider, I leave it alone to decimate the flies that show up or have him take it outside.

I once took the advice of nature lovers to leave the spiders alone. I had a daddy long leg looking spider in my bathroom. We greeted each other every time I used the room. But you know what happened? Do you know how many babies a spider has at one time? It was awful. It took months to finally get the bathroom spider free. Turns out they had moved into the vent, and there were many. Now if I see one, it's gone, either by moving it outside, or giving it a proper spider burial.

ladydaa
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ladydaa on Oct 11, 17 10:00 PM
Happens to me all the time. Sign that you've made the rounds one too many times. Hit the jigsaws or the hay. May the Castle force be with you.

Howdah
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Oct 11, 17 10:19 PM
mumma_1 wrote:Have you ever......noticed that the ones left behind rhyme?

For me anyway

Rat and bat
Stick and pick
Paper crane and paper plane
Arrow and sparrow
Berries and cherries
Snail and nail....... to name a few ........

no matter how many times a HOS is completed there is always that one time (being nice to myself) where I get brain freeze

Howdah
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Oct 11, 17 10:22 PM
What about all the glasses? Glasses, magnifying glass, spy glass, glass.

Go to: