barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

Re:Fiction Fixers: Alice in Wonderland comments and reviews

[Post New]by barregar on May 5, 10 3:15 PM
Although I did comment earlier that I wasn't too keen on the game, I just finished the demo and I find that it isn't too bad afterall. There is a lot of backtracking and I usually skip all the dialogue, but I will buy it because it is quite fun.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on May 5, 10 3:23 PM
Thanks for answering about the cards...thought I missed something!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 5, 10 4:43 PM
very cute! i am thinking that my 5-year-old niece will really enjoy this so i think we will end up buying... i'm letting her take a test drive first, but i really think she will love it... the tasks are easy enough for her to manage while offering a little bit of a challenge and the graphics are bright and fun, the music lilting, and the dialogue very much on her level! out of five - final review when i get word from the boss!

happy gaming

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on May 5, 10 6:10 PM
I want to like this game but I find it a little young and agree that the graphics in the hidden object scenes are disappointing when compared with the quality of the other graphics. I'm also not crazy about all of the backtracking. Let me rephrase that... after just 30 minutes of the demo, I'm already SICK of backtracking!

***If any developers read these forums... for future reference, PLEASE let us use the map to change locations so we don't have to keep clicking through areas that we aren't stopping in.***

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 5, 10 11:45 PM
It's not that bad.Yeah,there is backtracking and some people don't like that.Me,I hate Hanoi Tower puzzles.Overall,it's okay.I have done the demo and it's alright,just doesn't make me run out and shout in the streets.I think I'll save that for Deadtime Stories

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on May 6, 10 12:14 AM
Just did the demo and I think this one is pretty good, I did get stuck a few times as to where to look to make my next move but figured things out, more kind of like a "duh" on my part....graphics are good and I will probably buy this game.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on May 6, 10 12:20 AM
I agree with almost all the positive comments, but for me here are the negative ones:
Too childish
Mini games are easy
Too much dialogue
I'll keep my for Eternity and Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions, already bought Deadtime Stories

Happy gaming .... Nouni

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on May 6, 10 4:40 AM
I'm so sorry. I goofed--yes, the hunt for lost cards isn't in the standard edition.

Joyce, thank you--glad you enjoyed the review. I finished the game yesterday. And no, I didn't find all the cards. Waaaah.

And....they will be back with another title. Yeaaaaa!

[Post New]by birdlady101 on May 6, 10 11:50 AM
Just finished the demo and found it to be a entertaining HOG but the voices ...didn't like them at all...music was ok. Think this one would be fantastic for the 8 to 10 yr old crowd....know my granddaughter would like it...but for me...will pass unless it goes to the $2.99 price.

Lou

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on May 6, 10 3:05 PM
AWESOME! Can't wait for the next one! Beautiful graphics!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 6, 10 5:12 PM
Didn't fint the Hidden Object areas difficult, and most of the minigames seemed pretty straightforward (as far as I got in the demo at least, solved all the duchess' house areas). The graphic art was nice although not to die for (design was lovely but didn't think the animation nor the quality of the image in some areas was that great). I also had the feeling the White Rabbit looked more like a mouse than a rabbit.
The music was a bit repetitive. Well, at least it was bareable and I didn't feel the need of turning it off.
I was not annoyed by the character voices, they blended with the characters most of the time (the duchess' valet though I didn't find well cast).
It does seemed to be targeted to young players -which is not bad- but personally and especially given all the polemics surrounding Lewis Carroll and his relationship to children, I would have settled for a darker kind of voyage. The other Alice game recently launched at BF seemed to follow that darker trail, but I had so many technical issues I just uninstalled it without even completing the demo. I encountered technical issues here too but in much less degree and was able to play the whole trial.

All in all it was nice to try it but I don't think I will buy it. Maybe a 5...6 for the Alice face expressions and the cat and mice minigame.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on May 6, 10 8:49 PM
did demo,and bought it,Its the best game in a while love the story,going bcak to play again.the music is great.the pics are cool,i feel like i am at wonder land.i will be up all night playing this game.happy gaming all.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 7, 10 1:30 AM
I wrote somewhere else how thrilled I was to find a game that would stretch and fill my 15.6" widescreen laptop with W7. Like someone mentioned, tilting the screen really helps on dark corners, or even to get more or less contrast. So I considered using a credit on the 15th, just to have a game that looked so good even if I may not enjoy it. Why buy more with 13 hard games to finish Now if it were a DD...

Hey! Mothers' Day 30% off cash and carry. No question, off to buy it now, don't want to wait for a DD,, and when I get past the first hour I played maybe I will fall in love with the rest of the game. I usually get lost and frustrated wandering around and poor memory. But so far I knew just where and how to go back and forth. Must be the more impressionable graphics sticking in my mind. Some adventures I don't remember one scene from another when they all look so much alike. I really didn't have a problem finding the HOG items, maybe one hint, just took my time and tilted my screen a lot.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on May 7, 10 3:15 AM
I liked this game. not sure whether I will purchase it or not. It's not a difficult game, there seems to be plenty to do. The only irritating thing is the voiceovers, especially Alice's, but at least you can skip the dialogue which makes it more acceptable.

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on May 7, 10 8:03 AM
really enjoyed this one, it was a decent length and took me a little over 4 hours to complete, which is much better than the 2hour games we have been offered recently.
Story line is lovely, made a refreshing change, and maintaining all the main points of the origional story, graphics were fine, and the HOG scenes i found ok too, not too difficult but not so easy as you get bored quickly. All in all cant wait for the next one, hope its not too long.

keesacat
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by keesacat on May 7, 10 8:40 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick question. How does a person go about beta testing a game? I spend many hours playing HOGs and have plenty of time on my hands. thank you for a response.
keesacat

Great game

[Post New]by AzredheadedBrat on May 7, 10 10:39 AM
Because of the length and the ease at which I'm going through the levels, I'll definitely wait till $2.99. Its a great game, but a tad too easy and not as interactive as most games played here. Very few items to really retrieve.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on May 7, 10 5:49 PM
Not bad, but had to play without the voices. A few minutes of whiney Alice was all I could take. Little drug addict.

Good question before...how does one get to beta-test a game?

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 8, 10 5:05 PM
keesacat wrote:Hi all,
Just a quick question. How does a person go about beta testing a game? I spend many hours playing HOGs and have plenty of time on my hands. thank you for a response.
keesacat

Sent you a PM

You too, Yosemite

Edited on 05/08/2010 at 5:06:05 PM PST

mnkraut
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mnkraut on May 8, 10 7:06 PM

Joyce2121
Will you send me a PM too?
THANK YOU

Go to: