Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Post any Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 7, 10 12:19 PM
Alas, I was forced to run FF in windowed mode or I couldn't see either of the cursors. I could see the magnifying glass just fine though. Go figure.

Too bad because the graphics I looked at, though few, looked pretty good.

Edited on 05/07/2010 at 12:20:00 PM PST

Re:Technical Issue .Strobe-Light effect

[Post New]by cat_lady_18 on May 7, 10 9:59 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the strobe-light effect. It sounds like a display issue that may be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. Here is a link to a help article with more information. <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashes, Freezing, Blank Screen</a>

I'm also gonna go ahead and make this the technical issues thread and sticky it at the top of this forum.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/166/>Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/438/>Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

It's also good to specify if you are on Mac or PC to help others.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

Re:Post any Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by cat_lady_18 on May 7, 10 10:00 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

If you are experiencing a looping download you may want to change to alternate method in your Game Manager. This is easy to do, here are the steps and a link to the help article.

1. Open the Game Manager.
2. In the lower left-hand corner, click Options.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Then select 'Alternate Method'

If this doesn't work you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=157">Game Manager</a>

You can also contact <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by cat_lady_18 on May 7, 10 10:33 PM
I have tried downloading Fiction Fixers from IWin, Game House, and Big Fish and was unable to even get it to open. The forums on their sites advised that this game would not work on Windows 7. Have your techs been able to work out this issue or have they been able to get it to run on Windows 7? Or have you not found that to be the problem? I really think I'd like this game, but I can't even give it a try to find out. What do you suggest? Is it not going to be possible for me to play this game on Windows 7 or is there a fix? Thanks for any help you can give.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 8, 10 8:03 AM
All was well when I tried to make the stew and the pepper froze in mid air and I can't unlock it. The characters are not frozen and sound okay. Am I doing something wrong as far as the game goes? I can't continue with the stew. Do I have to start the game over? I hope not. Any help appreciated

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on May 8, 10 8:46 AM
I'm having same strobe affect. Please help.

kD

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on May 8, 10 11:50 AM

I updated direct x, uninstalled the game, rebooted my system and reinstalled the game, IT IS STILL STROBING AND I WANT TO SCREEAAAAM!

I'm gonna go find my dog, I need to lower my blood pressure with a pat and a big hug.

Sniffle...

cbnron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cbnron on May 8, 10 12:44 PM
i really, really wanted to buy this game but it is so pixilated that it is impossible. i have updated EVERYTHING on my super fast computer, uninstalled, reinstalled and it is the same. i have an ATI HD5970 video card. do those of you having this problem have the same card? seems if this is a universal problem bfg would have fixed it by now.

cbnron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cbnron on May 8, 10 12:45 PM
p.s. - believe that what i'm calling pixelated is what you others are referring to as strobe effect.

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on May 11, 10 8:24 PM
In my experience, with a couple of exceptions, it seems the MAC versions have always worked well for me. I do not know what machines you guys are on that are having problems. Are you MAC or PC??? Im DLing now because I dont know. However, if you guys said you were having MAC problems, Id save myself the nightmare that is dial up DLing. Please, try to remember to post what basic machine you are on (Mac or PC) to help other fishies reading these posts! Thankies!

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on May 12, 10 5:25 AM
Just letting you all know my strobe problem is on my dell pc.

[Post New]by kadygar on May 15, 10 4:27 PM
I get to the door with the vines and it shows the vines on the door. But when zoom in to the door, it doesn't show the vines on the door to cut. It won't let me do anything at all. I have the key and the hedge trimmers but I can't do anything with them if there's no vines to cut! Please help. I love this game and really want to finish it!

paloma18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by paloma18 on May 21, 10 12:56 AM
KDinMD43 wrote:

I updated direct x, uninstalled the game, rebooted my system and reinstalled the game, IT IS STILL STROBING AND I WANT TO SCREEAAAAM!

I'm gonna go find my dog, I need to lower my blood pressure with a pat and a big hug.

Sniffle...

Well, it looks like we are all having the same problem. OK BFGs it's your turn to get a patch to fix this. I can play but have to wiggle mouse to clear the strobe every few minutes. Too bad 'cuz what I did play was really fun. I will buy this only when it's fixed.

[Post New]by krissyloo23 on May 24, 10 11:11 PM
I have the same problem with the vines on the Garden door. I have the hedge trimmers and the key. When I zoom in to the door, I do not see vines, and it will not allow me to use the trimmers or the key. I reinstalled the game, and restarted my Comp twice. No fix. Has anyone else discovered whats up with this? I bought it, and I like the game. My kids like it too, and we want to keep playing! Please help!

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on May 25, 10 4:25 AM
If you guys are not going to fix this game, can I get a refund please?

Fed up,

KD

[Post New]by krissyloo23 on May 27, 10 12:05 AM
KDinMD43 wrote: If you guys are not going to fix this game, can I get a refund please?

Fed up,

KD

I'm getting the same feeling dear...

[Post New]by Stacie1109 on Jun 13, 10 12:11 AM
Can not get the cat to appear in the tree when i click onto it whats the problem? I pay for these games and get stuck all the time damm HELP

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jun 18, 10 8:47 PM
I did not have any of the same problems others have had, but now I have a problem that I'm not sure is technical:

I am in the trial of the knave of hearts, and had to go all around Wonderland to find the 9 stolen treacle tarts. I went to every place I had been before, played the scenes with Hidden Object, and thought I had found the 9 tarts. But when I took them back to the courtroom, I only had 8. I have consulted the Strategy Guide, and revisited all the places with no luck. Since I had already found all the tarts, there no longer are any Hidden Object scenes for me to search. I can't go any further with the game until I have 9 tarts. I think I'm going to have to start the game over, which I'm not happy about. And if I do, maybe I'll have the same problem again.

Anybody else have this problem? Could it be because I did not play the Hidden Object scenes in the same sequence as in the SG?

Note: Edited because my shortcut for Hidden Object was censored. I really don't understand why.

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 8:50:11 PM PST

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jun 21, 10 8:02 AM
Well, there is definitely a glitch. I started the game over, with a different user name. I followed the Strategy Guide when looking for the treacle tarts. I paid close attention this time, and I know I had 9 tarts when I went back to the courtroom. It said 9 in the inventory. But when I put the tarts on the table, there were only 8. I saw it change. This is very frustrating. I don't understand why this is happening. I guess I'll have to delete the game, which is a shame. I enjoyed it, up to this point, even though some of the objects were very dark and I couldn't find them without a hint.

[Post New]by Stacie1109 on Jul 14, 10 11:01 PM
This is bullsh*t there is no cat in the tree and i cant get my credit back i think this guys are out to screw us when it comes to the games . there is nothing wrong with me computer its the damm game

Go to: