AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on May 6, 10 12:11 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game (do agree on short side) Graphics were good. Used my game credit earned from last months purchases and glad I did.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on May 6, 10 2:08 PM
This post might appear twice because I'm having major browser issues on this site this afternoon. Anyway....30 minutes into the trial version and I was hooked! I love Egyptology and anything that resembles Riddle of the Spinx, etc. I downloaded and played in the assistance mode. I am an old (ha) adventure gamer so perhaps I should have played without the temptation for the assistance feature. I'm almost to the end (I think) and wish it were longer. I loved the game and I highly recommend it. I haven't experienced any of the technical issues other's have mentioned. It's been a smooth game to play.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on May 6, 10 2:32 PM
Thought the game was kind of cute - playing as different characters with different "stuff" was a nice option. But, I won't be buying the game - was over halfway through at the end of my demo hour. Can't think that it's a good value when I would have less than another hour left to play. Thank you BF games that there is the hour option to make a decision regarding purchase.
B

Quickie
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Quickie on May 6, 10 2:57 PM
It looks like the original programmer did not have spell check... one of the screen shots has a vase with a certain number of peice(s) hidden. Oh well

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 6, 10 4:07 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:I just played the demo and am torn as to whether or not to buy this game. I like it so far. It's not hard and there's no timer, that's always a good thing for me! I may not be the brightest bulb in the lamp, but I don't see how it could be that short of a game! I played the whole hour, and still have a lot to find and do; at least that's what I'm thinking. What to do, what to do!?!?!?!?!?! It is a cool game, think I'll go for it!

I would like to mention, tho, in BFG's defense, they ONLY charge $6.99 for their games........imagine paying $19.95 for a game you're dissatisified with!

I totally agree KathyGriggs I'm not the brightest bulb but I say like you. The hour went by and there is still lots to do. Maybe you are like me and take your time playing games, enjoying the scenery and having fun figuring out what to do.
I think I will buy it too. Enjoy!

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

SPOILER ALERT

[Post New]by Volauvent on May 6, 10 8:24 PM
nnrobertson wrote:Bought the game and finished it today. Definitely on the short side. I enjoy these type of hidden object adventure games. I enjoyed the storyline at first, however was thoroughly disappointed by the end of the game. I don't feel like they did enough to develop the storyline. It was almost as if we were supposed to make assumptions about what happened. For example, when you put the painting together, there's no real explanation at all about the painting's final image and the reason it's there. There's also no real explanation for the item you get once you finish putting the painting together. It's very disjointed. When they're leaving the pyramid, Emily says something like, "can't you see, the forgotten pharaoh is free." What??!?? Where did that come in and how exactly did they free him? Regardless of the storyline, it was an ok game. Definitely glad I did not spend $19.95 on it.

Well said. I was defintely left with a huhn? What about the ...? Whassup with the painting? We freed the pharaoh? When did that happen?

It's almost as if there was at least an hour or two left to be inserted into the game, but the developers were forced to put it on sale before it was finished.

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 8:26:01 PM PST

herchev68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by herchev68 on May 6, 10 8:33 PM
Great game, enjoyed it a lot. Well worth the money.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 6, 10 9:33 PM
I have mixed feelings about this game. My daughter thought it looked interesting, but she also noted my saying the game was dumb quite a few times, lol. I tried to play in 3-D mode as we have several pairs hanging around the house, but it wouldn't work with ours. A shame because I really think it would have added to the game play.

Some of the actions didn't make sense and I had to check out the walkthrough to figure out what to do. My cursor was sporatic and extremely sensitive so it was difficult to find the areas where I needed to do something. Maybe that was the problem and why I had to consult the walkthrough. The hint was non-existent/useless except in the hidden object scenes. I liked having the option of playing each of the three characters although you can't switch back and forth in case you get stuck with one. I played the parents first and got to the point where they had found Emily when the hour was up. I wonder if playing the other characters is different and adds to the length of the game. I might purchase this one, but not any time soon. Too many others on the "buy" list already.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 6, 10 9:38 PM
wini1 wrote:I also was wondering about the 3D glasses? Where do you get them?

i got a set of four when i bought monsters vs. aliens because it came with 'bob's big break'... i'm sure there will be glasses either sold or offered at your local video store with similar releases... just keep an eye out...

as for this game - i just never got into it and i wanted to like it from things i had heard from other gamers... the worst thing was that it kept minimizing on me, which i think may have something to do with clicking within a certain area of the bottom of the screen... with a custom cursor, i can usually tell because it changes to my plain white arrow, but no warnings here! so with the screen always closing on me and the annoying voices of the kids nagging each other, i decided to take a pass on this one... i have to listen to little people all the time, i don't need a game telling me "something's missing" in bratty little voices...

i will say that the game featured wonderful graphics and was certainly not overly difficult... from the map it appeared to offer a couple of hours of gameplay which seems to be getting to be the typical around here... following the family into separate routes was a nice touch and i'm glad to see more games offering multi-view characterisations... all in all, could've been a great game and i'm sure it will be for some!

good luck

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on May 6, 10 11:02 PM
I really enjoyed this game, but got more than halfway through in the first hour-waaaaaaay too short

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on May 7, 10 2:13 AM
General recommendation: Daily Deal or I need a sixth punch on my punch card to get a freebie.

The game wasn't that bad but I will echo the other comments about it being short. It took me about 2.5 hours to finish and I'm a slow player overall. There is no timer which is a plus and the hints are somewhat generous. One complaint I had was that in the actual hidden object scenes you were given hints but in the general room scenes you didn't have them so if you couldn't spot that one last board or gem then you were stuck. I did like the ability to play as different characters although the novelty soon diminished once your family re-united. The voiceovers were good in terms of quantity but the kids voices were grating to me and were not relaxing. I love anything Egyptian so this does make me biased in the review but overall this is a game best used to get that last punch on your punch card.

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on May 7, 10 2:16 AM
PaulG wrote:Nice enough, but very short so a no buy from me. Seems the trend now is short games for the most part. I think my game purchases have dropped 80% over the last several months due to this and just generally a drop in quality games. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

I agree 100%. We need more good quality, good length and therefore good value games.

[Post New]by anglhrt770 on May 7, 10 5:12 AM
Hi there, I've been a member for awhile, but, have never thought to come in here and review so here goes! :-)

I liked this game, did not love it, time wise it was short; I liked the graphics and the sounds, gameplay was not that easy ( I usually give up on a game if my kids can beat it right away.lol) ; once you get into the game it was great switching from person to person, I would have loved it even more if you were able to swich whenever you wanted instead of waiting for that chapter to be over and if gameplay was longer.

Overall I liked it and bought it.

Thanks!

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on May 7, 10 10:09 AM
I remember playing this game before......I know this game was out before, the only difference is they added 3D...........what gives

[Post New]by over45 on May 7, 10 2:21 PM
This is my first time joining in the Forum although I have checked it out many times for reviews before I purchased a game. I really liked this game. I used a pair of 3D glasses I got with a DVD and found that this increased my emjoyment of the game. It is a little short, but I purchased it with the Mothers Day special, so I didn't pay full price. I usually purchase about 8 to 12 games per month, (I have insomnia) and I have been disappointed with many of my purchases. I had to comment on this game because I liked it so much. I really appreciated the 3D parts of the game. I think that this is just the start of a whole new line of HOG games. I thought the story line was good, the characters were believable and the HOGs were not too difficult. I hope that they come out with the sequel as it seems that they set it up for one.

Just my opinion but I give this game a 9 out of ten for the 3D and an 8 out of 10 overall.

Christina892
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Christina892 on May 7, 10 4:56 PM
To begin withthe cat started off as female, then they changed the cat to male after they see the cat run into the temple. Kinda nit picky, but still, the story should be consistant. Also, there are some echo issues with the voices. At times they will reverb badly like they are in an an echo chamber. Also, at the end of the game, the wording is really off, like it wasn't proof read. The sentences or done with alot of extra spacing in the words that aren't necessary. Not meaning to sound nit picky on things, but I know that the Big Fish team can do better and spot these minor differences in the games. There was another game called Eternity that at the very end the spelling and the punctuation was very terrible. Example: Using the little i where it should have been a capital I. Etc. It seems like the games have been rushed lately. Don't get me wrong, just thought I would point these out. I've always been an avid role player and I am a novella writer and I tend to spot these things right off hand.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on May 7, 10 5:27 PM
I liked this game but I agree with general comments here about the shortness of it. I didn't have any 3D glasses so I played without. I enjoyed playing the game from each characters point of view. The graphics were clear and things were not that hard to find and the mini games were not that difficult either IMO.

I think the storyline could have been fleshed out a bit more with more explanation on why the completed painting looked like the daughter, we never actually saw the freed Pharoah and I had an item left in my inventory when I finished. It said I had completed the game so *shrug*, don't know what it was supposed to be used for.

All all in all a nice game but to short.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on May 7, 10 5:43 PM
Not impressed.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 7, 10 6:47 PM
I kinda was enjoying it...Francis was lit up so I chose to play him first...seems like I missed alot of stuff when I did, but had to choose another character. So having seen the walkthrough, I did the parents, and then the little girl. But now, I don't have all the jewels, only have a couple of pieces of the painting, and seem to be stuck. I hate having to consult a walkthrough for every step of the way, so I do try and figure things out on my own. And I have found that when I pause the game and go to the walkthrough the game is minimized when I return and I have to exit and restart to get full screen again. This time I just went ahead and exited and went to the walkthrough, and see all kinds of stuff that I missed, but cannot figure out what to do now. Can't figure out how to go back to the rooms I missed stuff in, and I have been aimlessly wandering around for almost an hour. Guess this game is going to last a bit longer for me than it did for most of y'all, lol, but I am getting frustrated with it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 7, 10 7:48 PM
Oh, heck, as soon as I posted the previous, I went back and figured it out...and finished it.

Go to: