pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:Welcome to Royal Envoy forum

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jun 3, 10 11:48 AM
IntelligentLife wrote:Hi. Don't want to get involved in an opinion struggle -- I just want a little help. Levels 47 and 48 have me stumped for getting to "gold." I've finished the game and want to get the award for all gold finishes, but for the life of me I can't seem to get either level done in time. Any walkthrough or gimmes? (I know the CE is out there but as I got regular version I was just wondering).

Level 48 - From Strategy Guide

Hire 6 workers

Build a sawmill, on the cleared lot next to castle and process all the gold to wood

Meanwhile clear all the wood obstructions, dig up the treasure

As soon as you have 2000 units of wood, build a workshop on the lot right above the sawmill

As soon as all the gold is gone, demolish the sawmill and replace it with another workshop.

KEEP BOTH WORKSHOPS RUNNING NON-STOP throughout the level

While all this is going on, build cabins on the 8 vacant lots, put siding and gardens on all 8 cabins.

Forget about the rent.

Put the 4 flowers on the upper 3 improvement lots, and on the bottom one.

Erect 1st fountain on one of 2 improvement lots left, that would be in the middle row

As you near 800 to 900 wood, demolish the 1st workshop you built. That would be the one next the the last improvement lot - the empty one

Replace that workshop with a 9th cabin, put both siding and a garden on it

Erect the 2nd fountain on the last vacant enhancement lot.

No matter how many times I play this level, it's still one of the last I get gold on. Must be a mental block, or maybe there's a bit of luck involved

Level 47 - from strategy guide

Hire 3 tax collectors and 4 workers for starters

Build a workshop on the bottom lot, next to the castle and put it to work non-stop

Install siding on the 2 mansions

Now you can demolish the fountain next to the workshop and the 9 fountains on the top lot

Leave the fountain alone next to the empty lot

Build a third mansion on this empty lot

Start upgrading all 3 mansion at least once

Add workers to total 10, and tax collectors to total 10 to 12

After the 3 mansions are up, build the 3 banks on the 3 upper right lots

Now improve all mansions to 3 stars without losing and rent

The tax collectors will collect the money from rent and from bank withdrawals to total 100,000

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Jun 10, 10 6:00 AM
I absolutely LOVE the graphics in this game - extremely well done - almost 3D animation - superb!

This is definately a time management game - I think I downloaded it out of puzzle games (not sure on that one).

For me, I found the game to be VERY similar to the Build-A-Lot series, with a medieval flair.

The only downside I found was feeling like 20 minutes of the demo was lost on loading scenes (even with high-speed internet)....if you have the full version, I'm sure it's worth the wait.

I already have most of the Build-a Lots, so I'm likely to wait on purchasing this one - even though I feel its a much better game than Build-a-Lot

Congrats to the development team - I'll be looking for more of your titles in the future!

Qumquat
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Welcome to Royal Envoy f

[Post New]by Qumquat on Jun 13, 10 2:17 AM
This game is one of the best written games I've played in a long while. They put a lot of extras that had to have added to the cost but weren't absolutely necessary - a nice touch.

Level 47 stumped me for quite awhile until it dawned on me (no duh!) that I could demolish the many fountains in the upper left screen. I read someone's quote from the user's guide and that isn't the way I finished the level. And when I say finished the level I mean by the Gold Time, since once that's done you can take as much time as you want and finish the level eventually. No challenge in that, although I usually did it the first time through just to see what strategy I would need. On level 47, I didn't worry about the mansions, I put siding on one of them and kept it going for awhile, and let the other run until it broke down or I needed the space. I built a workshop first by one of the fountains, then a market where one of the mansions were and another workshop. I kept the workshops going non-stop. Don't remember how many tax collectors I hired, but something like 5 or 6. My rule of thumb came to be one for each house and each bank. I depended on my market for the money and demolished all the fountains for the wood I needed for the banks.

Qumquat
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Qumquat on Jun 13, 10 2:23 AM
Level 48 is the one that has sent me to this forum. I've tried every combination of houses and banks, but I have to admit I had dismissed the idea of using a workshop or two. I'll try that.

The User's Guide's advice for Level 47 isn't the way I accomplished the Gold Time on it myself, so I would imagine the way I would accomplish Level 48 wouldn't be the way it describes it either. I'm going to expand my thinking though. I've probably played this level a hundred times - I have gold on every other level, this is the LAST one. It must require a strategy very different from all the other levels. IMHO.

[Post New]by sheltie127new on Aug 16, 10 1:27 PM
laeddie wrote:Sorry Donick but another here who disagrees with you. I am no fan of Hidden Object games but I realize many if not most on BF prefer them. I just wait (sometimes impatiently) for a TM game I like. I agree with sassielassie that the customer service here is by far the best. I beta tested Royal Envoy and have been counting the days since the CE came out to get the regular edition. THANKS BF

I'm with you, too. I love the TM games. I used to like the Hidden Obj. games when they 1st came out because the game designers were very clever about hiding objects. After a while it seems that they got a bit lazy and started using poorly lit screens to disguise the objects. I was a great fan of MCF until Ravenhurst. They depended on poorly lit rooms and threw in mini games without giving info about the object of the game. I never finished the final level of the game because I got so fed up with it. I play games for relaxation & fun. I enjoy a bit of a challenge, but there are limits.

[Post New]by tigiris on May 4, 11 4:42 AM
I'm thinking of buying this game, but i'm confused. There's the basic version, the collectors edition & also the strategy guide.
The basic version said get the strategy guide. Is it really needed? If so, the collectors edition has it included.
I was only really wanting the basic version.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on May 4, 11 4:19 PM
tigiris wrote:I'm thinking of buying this game, but i'm confused. There's the basic version, the collectors edition & also the strategy guide.
The basic version said get the strategy guide. Is it really needed? If so, the collectors edition has it included.

The strategy guide is not needed. If you get stuck, you can always ask for help here on the forums. The CE does have 30 extra levels though.

[Post New]by tigiris on May 4, 11 8:37 PM
vingilot wrote:
tigiris wrote:I'm thinking of buying this game, but i'm confused. There's the basic version, the collectors edition & also the strategy guide.

The strategy guide is not needed. If you get stuck, you can always ask for help here on the forums. The CE does have 30 extra levels though.

Thankyou vingilot. I will have to give it some thought. The extra 30 levels is tempting.

[Post New]by Debrabarone on Jun 2, 11 4:11 PM
I am new to this game and I am stumped on Level 23. It seems like you need a fountain to be able to create enough happiness. However, I don't get the option to build a fountain for my houses. So now i can not complete this level.

Can someone give me any ideas?

[Post New]by gamma23430 on Jun 16, 11 7:47 AM
Debrabarone wrote:I am new to this game and I am stumped on Level 23. It seems like you need a fountain to be able to create enough happiness. However, I don't get the option to build a fountain for my houses. So now i can not complete this level.

Can someone give me any ideas?

Those first two vacant lots are NOT for houses! Build a sawmill on one of them, when you have enough wood build a market (to feed your need for gold). Repair the bridge in front first (you need 5,000 wood), and once you do that you can make one more small load of wood, but you won't need any after that. The treasures you dig up will give you all the wood you need to get you through the rest of the game - yes, even with selling to 4 markets! Repair the bridge behind the castle at this point. The 2nd pirate needs to be paid off before you can see the two houses behind the smoke, that's where you can increase their happiness, and you want to be able to get to those houses as quickly as possible.

If you need any other tips, send me a PM!

Candwill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Candwill on Aug 9, 11 2:49 AM
I thought it was a decent game. Have yet to download it but anyone know how to get past Level 10?

[Post New]by sblaszak on Aug 16, 11 1:04 AM
trying for gold on level 57, but I am stuck. Any ideas?

[Post New]by Alisandra46 on Aug 24, 11 9:05 PM
Can anyone recommend other good TM or resource management games?

I have played all the "moguls" and "build-a-lots," as well as the 2 Time Builders and I am at a loss.

[Post New]by acampbell54 on Nov 12, 11 5:43 PM
I'm stuck in level 26, please help, thanks!

[Post New]by kosmickid on Apr 5, 13 6:07 AM
I'm hoping someone here can give me some tips about level 15. I dearly Love this game, but, on this level, I cannot seem to fulfill the "happiness" requirements. I've built the number of cottages required, upgraded, etc., etc., ended up with big bucks, but, I can't get beyond this level because I haven't fulfilled the "happiness" requirements. Any suggestions, anyone? HELP!!!

[Post New]by senoval on Oct 20, 14 9:43 AM
Is there a time frame when the next royal envoy is coming out? I really enjoy these games. I have them all, and have played them hundreds of times!

Go to: