snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Royal Envoy

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 8, 10 5:13 AM
MissMoraduke wrote:Nevermind. They wanted 5 cabins and I was building cottages UGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept doing that too... keep an eye on how far they want you to upgrade your buildings, too. I was automatically trying to make everything three stars with a garden when that isn't what was specified and it took too many resources and time.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 8, 10 1:36 PM
Very nice game indeed. The graphics are lovely, the music is nice and unobtrusive, nice storyline. I always liked TMG and usually try them all. Still this one left me witha fresh taste.
Lovely.

[Post New]by countrygirlv on May 8, 10 5:15 PM
ebajane wrote:I LOVE this game! Entertaining from beginning to end, including the 30 extra levels, and the level of difficulty was perfect for me. My only problem is that I want MORE now! Any idea when Royal Envoy 2 will be out?

For those who liked this game, what other games are in a similar genre? I have played through all the Build-a-lots. Any others?

Try WONDERBURG it is a TM and has relaxed or timed. It's worth trying

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on May 9, 10 9:27 AM
General recommendation: Try before you buy.

There is a timer in the game which only affects the gold star rating. If you fail to beat the timer you can still win, it just takes longer and you won't get the star. I like the game overall although the timer definitely makes it frustrating. I just can't beat level 12. The graphics are decent and the music isn't intrusive. There's a story behind it which I like. One thing that bothered me was the way it assumed the player was a male when it said they had the right man for the job. How hard would it have been to say right person for the job? Overall a decent game however.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on May 10, 10 9:15 PM
I'm really enjoying this game, and thinking about trading up for the collector's edition, for the extra levels and the development inside story.

For those who asked about similar games, you might like to check out My Kingdom For the Princess, and Forgotten Lands: First Colony.

Kool2Kiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Kool2Kiss on May 11, 10 7:31 PM
I just love this game...it's a spin off to My Kingdom for the Princess...love it...this game is longer than Kingdom! Good job guys!

~Kool~

[Post New]by Jclaud on May 12, 10 3:29 PM
I have never commented on a game nor do I buy collector's versions of anything. This may be a first collector's purchase for me and already is my first comment.

I love the way the bank guard looks around the corner and the way all the little characters jump up and down and celebrate when you complete a level.
We are senior citizens and seldom get hooked on any particular game but my Sister and I each have accounts and both purchase the games. For us it is a $40 purchase if the collector's is $19.

I am on level 30 and have not had a need for the walk through but am glad to know it is accessible. How do you get it without going out of the game?

Great job oh game designers!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 12, 10 4:01 PM
I saw this come out in CE and didn't even try it - darn! I bought the regular game and LOVE IT! I'm glad to hear that I may trade up - this is just so much fun. I agree - after Diner Dash and all, decided never to buy a TM again - but this is different - really engaging. Good job developers!

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on May 13, 10 12:06 AM
i really like this game but i am having trouble getting the gold in most of the levels...am I the only one?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 13, 10 2:11 AM
Jclaud wrote:I have never commented on a game nor do I buy collector's versions of anything. This may be a first collector's purchase for me and already is my first comment.
Hello Jclaud, welcome to the pond to you and your sister!

I am on level 30 and have not had a need for the walk through but am glad to know it is accessible. How do you get it without going out of the game?

If you're asking about the Strategy guide in the CE version: Click on a question mark in the top right corner of your screen while playing any level of the game and you will get a hint re. this level. You can also access the SG from the menu. (If you upgrade to the CE-version: there's a separate game forum for it.)

If you mean the Strategy guide for the standard edition which can be bought separately - or any separate walkthrough, actually: Open the SG/W-t in a separate window, then start the game. It's normal Windows behaviour (up to XP anyway, dunno about Vista and Win7), that you can switch between windows by pressing Alt-Tab together (hold down Alt-key, then press Tab-key once or more, depending on how many progs are open), and it will offer to switch between the active windows/programs.
Hope this helps. Have fun!

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on May 13, 10 12:40 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Want more of it....and what games are like it?

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on May 18, 10 1:32 PM
This game is great! They did everything right.
You don't die. You can replay any level as many times as you want.
You can click on everything to see what is needed.
You don't have to wait for one thing to finish before you can do something else.
You can play fast for gold, or just la-di-da or both.
If you mess up, you can restart the level right away.
The clowns don't talk back!
And it was released during the sale.

[Post New]by fish_shelly on May 21, 10 1:32 AM
good one!

[Post New]by ladycobra3 on May 22, 10 11:49 PM
I love love love this game. I found it a lot of fun to play and some levels were kinda tough. The graphics were great and it is a cute little game. I've already finished it once and playing it a second time. I would highly recommend this game!

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jun 15, 10 6:41 AM
I am so enjoying this game and looking forward to the sequel.

What I like the most about it that is unique to TM games is that you can keep playing even after the gold star timer disappears. I really really like that.

Great job BFG in finding this game for us.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Jun 17, 10 5:54 AM
I've been playing this game for weeks. I'm now trying to get all gold stars. I think I'm addicted to this game! I have to force myself to get anything done around the house.
I love this game. Hope they are working on another like this so we can have it soon.
Excellent job!

[Post New]by janetlovesdale on Jul 5, 10 8:06 PM
this is the best game i have ever bought
i have been a member of bigfish and shockwave for years
after you get gold in all what 63 levels
the pool of water takes you to the bonus levels
you can do the bonus levels
they are the same 63 levels but harder
and then the extra 30 levels

never see a game with 156 levels well worth the money ty
I just wish games posted how many levels
sometimes the bonuses are hard to find like the pool of water

Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by 741741 on Jul 11, 10 9:41 AM
Just finished the game. Excellent! Graphics are gorgeous. The background at the end where the rainy season came in was really nice. Well done!! I look forward to the next game this talented group puts out.

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on Jul 16, 10 2:44 AM
i LOVE this game i keep replaying it and never bored. i am tm fan. big fan of the farm frenzy and build series. this one plays smoothly, has some differences then your typical build game. great graphics. i keep wondering if i should pop for the CE cause i love the regular edition. thank you BFG this has t be my favorite game of all time

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jul 17, 10 9:59 PM
Pure joy!! I really hope they do a sequel.

Go to: