ewartman
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Envoy technical issues here only

[Post New]by ewartman on Jun 3, 10 7:40 PM
Hi fellow fishies!
Sit on down and listen to my story...
The following problem is not Royal Envoy specific, but it is how I first discovered the issue.
The issue: Unable to access my now defunct laptop's hard drive, I am reassembling my new laptop, including having to re-down
load the games through purchase history. (and BTW THAT is a nice feature.)
However, there is something preventing me from playing the big file games. It seems that there is an invisible guard dog that can't sniff out the scent of my old computer, as it were.
Specifically, the game appears on my game manager(and desktop) happily offering to be played, but I get only a 1.5 second of the hourglass and a pop sound. A small window icon on the task bar attempts to appear for less than one second and disappears into oblivion and then just me dumbly waiting for something to happen.
I HAVE emailed support, though at the time I hadn't trouble-shot this far, JD (awesome) gave me pre-requisite diagnostics to run and I have dismissed any driver/player/reader update issues.
I have also found this to be an issue on another computer in the house when I tried to do the same process.
Is there a lock type device that only recognizes the initial computer that it was originally downloaded from?
Like a thumbprint of sorts, maybe?

Just throwin' it out there...

ewartman
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ewartman on Jun 7, 10 4:18 PM
Just to follow up....
I got the games to work, or rather I noticed what happened.
Once I previewed/ purchased a big file game from the computer that was having issues (got it to play) it unlocked the rest of them.
So now we know that

[Post New]by MartinPo on Jun 25, 10 4:01 PM
My problem is, that sometimes the program minimize itself an when you click it in the windows vista try, it opens for a half second and minimize again.

[Post New]by sushu1 on Jul 2, 10 7:46 AM
Hi,

This game seems to have stopped functioning properly. On the Pirate Island, level 9, I have done all the tasks asked for, but I get no check mark for having five three star houses. Even if I take away the market and have six haouses I am given credit for there houses. I have switched around houses, sawmill and market, and I all the time get credit for the sawmill, market and happines, but not for my house building efforts.

Please tell me how to get on with the game -- or is there a bug? I go away on holiday for four weeks tomorrow, but would like to know what to do when I get back.

Django

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jul 2, 10 10:47 AM
sushu1 wrote:Hi,

This game seems to have stopped functioning properly. On the Pirate Island, level 9, I have done all the tasks asked for, but I get no check mark for having five three star houses. Even if I take away the market and have six haouses I am given credit for there houses. I have switched around houses, sawmill and market, and I all the time get credit for the sawmill, market and happines, but not for my house building efforts.

Please tell me how to get on with the game -- or is there a bug? I go away on holiday for four weeks tomorrow, but would like to know what to do when I get back.

Django

Make sure you are building CABINS, NOT COTTAGES

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 21, 10 7:11 PM
This game just looovvveeesss to crash my computer. But apparently I love playing the game more than I hate the computer crashes, cuz I'm still hooked on it. However... this being the case, I'm glad I didn't buy the Collector's Edition - I would not be happy to have spent 20 bucks for it.

(I'm forgetting at times if this is the Royal Envoy game or the Windows Task Manager game...)

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 4:26:47 PM PST

[Post New]by toniahugs on Aug 23, 10 12:53 PM
ronnancy wrote:Level 29. The game won't acknowledge finishing the 4 flowerbeds, so I can't complete the level and move on.
The same thing is happening to me!

[Post New]by elbudzo on Sep 21, 10 5:21 AM
royal envoy has become a royal pain to play. i am downloading again for the 4th time. the game keeps crashing. royal pain in you know where. thinking of asking for refund or credit. otherwise great game if i could play it for more than 15 minutes at a time.

[Post New]by Puffinpower on Oct 10, 10 6:00 PM
I have a technical problem with the Mac version that I haven't seen reported here yet. The game doesn't crash my computer, but when I open it, the screen is "jittery" with lines running up and down it, like back in the old days of VCRs when you'd encounter a tape with tracking problems. Except there's no tracking controls to fiddle with to get the screen to stay still.

I've tried reinstalling, but no luck on getting rid of the problem.

It doesn't happen every time I open the game, but it usually happens the first time I open the game since I last rebooted the computer, and then maybe 2 to 5 more times after that until I can finally open it and have it not jitter.

I just downloaded the newest Fishdom, which is also a Playrix game, and have the same problem. Does anyone else have this problem and/or know the answer to fixing it?

Curium255
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Curium255 on Dec 30, 10 10:45 PM
MartinPo wrote:My problem is, that sometimes the program minimize itself an when you click it in the windows vista try, it opens for a half second and minimize again.

I'm having this same issue with several games. Is there a response to this problem?

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jan 4, 11 10:52 PM
I love this game, but it is crashing my computer after not much play time, like many other people in this forum-what is the deal? Sooooooo aggravating!

[Post New]by swac67 on Apr 7, 11 12:08 AM
Have read the messages-others have had my problems, ie crashing! There does not seem to be any remedy though. I've tried everything. Guess I'll quit trying for awhile. Disappointing. But watching my blood pressure, you know.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on May 5, 11 6:43 AM
I have similiar problems to ewartman. I had this game and played it through;then had problems with another sites viruses and had to "clean" computor. When I reloaded all my BF games 1 or 2 (large file games) would download but not play when I hit play button. Got my credit back but in this case wish I could have game. I even tried collector's edition but it would download for trial but not play when I his play button.

[Post New]by facilitator on Jul 26, 11 12:31 PM
I bought RE through the Apple App store a day or so after I bought the new Mac OS X Lion. And RE hangs on the opening page I can not play it at all *sniff*
Are you going to come up with a patch for Lion, or should I request a refund?

jantea331
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jantea331 on Aug 14, 11 12:22 PM
This game worked pretty good on my previous computer but I can't get it to work at all on this new one. I just get a black screen - the game loads - I can hear the music - but the screen just stays black. I've tried all the suggestions but nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by AbigailCat on Aug 18, 11 3:58 AM
jantea331 wrote:This game worked pretty good on my previous computer but I can't get it to work at all on this new one. I just get a black screen - the game loads - I can hear the music - but the screen just stays black. I've tried all the suggestions but nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

I am having this EXACT problem and so far all of the suggestions from the support person I've been working with (driver updates, compatibility modes, etc) have not worked. I am so frustrated...it ran fine on my old WinXP machine but on a brand new Win7 laptop it does exactly what the quoted poster's game does. I am using a laptop that runs World of Warcraft like a dream but this game ...nada.

Any suggestions? I seemed to have totally stumped Big Fish support.

Any SOLUTIONS???

[Post New]by brainybetty2009 on Aug 30, 11 7:07 PM
I adore this game BUT it no longer works on any machine I have. I bought CE, then had to get a new laptop. The game does not load (I can hear the audio, but no video comes up.) I even purchased the "regular version" for the 2nd time and reinstalled on my new machine because I like the game so much, but no go. I have a Intel Core i7 processor.

This is really really a shame, because, for me, this was SUCH a keeper that I thoroughly enjoyed so darn much. I was waiting for the next one to come out...

[Post New]by brainybetty2009 on Aug 30, 11 7:08 PM
jantea331 wrote:This game worked pretty good on my previous computer but I can't get it to work at all on this new one. I just get a black screen - the game loads - I can hear the music - but the screen just stays black. I've tried all the suggestions but nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

EXACTLY my issue! The VERY same thing happens.

Any SOLUTIONS???

[Post New]by jacjeroen on Sep 11, 11 1:56 PM
brainybetty2009 wrote:I adore this game BUT it no longer works on any machine I have. I bought CE, then had to get a new laptop. The game does not load (I can hear the audio, but no video comes up.) I even purchased the "regular version" for the 2nd time and reinstalled on my new machine because I like the game so much, but no go. I have a Intel Core i7 processor.

This is really really a shame, because, for me, this was SUCH a keeper that I thoroughly enjoyed so darn much. I was waiting for the next one to come out...

Same problem here, did you have a solution allready?
Did the dxdiag check;
-DirectX 11
-8GB Ram
-Win7 64bits
-Intel Core i5 2500 CPU
-Intel HD graphic interface

Also here the same, black screen, music, no video. Older system works fine. Any sugestions?

[Post New]by ksperrywa on Sep 18, 11 9:41 AM
I am on level 19 and my gold doesn't increase when I pick up the rents. The little guy scurries off with the money but the amount stays at 500.

Go to: