Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by joozys on Nov 2, 17 4:50 AM
Why are you still taking people's money for this game. So many bugs it's basically unplayable even after trying your fixes.

1snooker1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 1snooker1 on Nov 2, 17 5:22 AM
I can't get past the intro - whole computer locks up and I have to turn it off and reboot. I've tried removing and re-installing the game and the same thing happens. Screen, mouse and keyboard freeze. Very frustrating. It's not my computer, not my updates, not my Windows - the game needs a fix.

[Post New]by thenuthouse2470 on Nov 2, 17 6:37 AM
I am having a lot of issues too. Games freezes and crashes repeatedly on a variety of levels. Sometimes the characters in row boats get stuck rowing and prevent the game from continuing. I am on Windows 10 and have tried all of the troubleshooting including uninstalling and reinstalling the game and starting a a new character.

tas4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tas4 on Nov 2, 17 7:58 AM
I'm playing it on Windows 10 and the game keeps shutting down - no error, the game is just gone. Frustrating!!

[Post New]by brenmar1 on Nov 2, 17 8:12 AM
started the game, clicked on level 1, won't open, reads level one locked. not sure what the issue is, using Windows 10

[Post New]by DeepPool on Nov 2, 17 8:46 AM
I've made it to level 22 using Windows 10 with quite frequent crashes (I have persisted), but now I can't seem to continue at all. I have tried all the fixes posted by the technical team and none seem to make a difference.

bfgArinelle
252 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 2, 17 10:03 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience. It looks like several people are experiencing issues with the game crashing, freezing, or closing unexpectedly while playing. If the tips from the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen and Run Game as Administrator articles haven't helped resolve the troubles, we strongly recommend sending a message to our Technical Support Team. They have other tools that can help, and they also help us collect information about issues so we can better track them.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send a PM to me or any of our other Moderators. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 2, 17 11:17 AM
joozys wrote:Why are you still taking people's money for this game. So many bugs it's basically unplayable even after trying your fixes.

Sorry but it's not unplayable on my desktop. I've had no issues at all with the full version of the game; perhaps it's just the demo that has 'bugs'. And I'm not running Win10, still using Win7 with no problems.

bfgArinelle
252 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 2, 17 2:03 PM
Hi exact,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game freezing up while playing. It's possible the game may not have the permissions it needs to access particular files, which can cause error messages or troubles progressing. We could also check for updates that may be available to help your computer better cooperate with the game's files. The following links have more information, if you'd like to take a look:

Run Game as Administrator
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10

Should those steps not resolve the issue or if additional assistance with the steps in them might help, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team by sending them a message. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or any of our other Moderators with questions about this. We'll be happy to provide any assistance we can.

bfgArinelle

tsj1769
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tsj1769 on Nov 2, 17 2:15 PM
Mine keeps shutting off in Level 12. It was working completely fine until then..Windows 10 nothing wrong with my drivers or anything else. Its a bug in the game are you working on a fix ?

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Nov 2, 17 2:58 PM
i use windows 7 and i have it shutting down too. constantly.

googirl999
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by googirl999 on Nov 2, 17 3:00 PM
Running Windows 8 and having the same issues. Just shuts down - no errors, no warning, just closes. When can we expect a patch? Obviously, it's not a problem with all of our different computers and operating systems! Does anyone even do a cursory test of these games? I do software QA for a living - this level of failure should have been caught at the very first round!

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 3:04:06 PM PST

bfgArinelle
252 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 2, 17 3:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

We really appreciate your patience and understanding. Since it sounds like crashing/closing has been an issue for several players, we really recommend trying out the steps in the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen and Run Game as Administrator articles. Should those steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They have other tools that can help, and they also help us collect information about issues so they can better be tracked.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reach out by PM to me or any of our other Moderators. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 3:11:11 PM PST

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Nov 2, 17 3:42 PM
tas4 wrote:I'm playing it on Windows 10 and the game keeps shutting down - no error, the game is just gone. Frustrating!!

I am also playing on Windows 10 and I am having the same issues. It is very frustrating!

[Post New]by tworekfam2 on Nov 2, 17 5:38 PM
Csgentry wrote:
tas4 wrote:I'm playing it on Windows 10 and the game keeps shutting down - no error, the game is just gone. Frustrating!!

I am also playing on Windows 10 and I am having the same issues. It is very frustrating!

I am also playing on Windows 10 and having same issue. Game just shuts down halfway through Level 12.

[Post New]by cfb00771 on Nov 2, 17 6:14 PM
I am using Window 10. The first time I opened the game, played 3 minutes and it ended, saying my trial had expired. :-(

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Nov 2, 17 7:21 PM
Keep being kicked out of game just like everyone else on here. Am running Win 7 Ultimate. I've been to many forums today to find a solution thinking it was my equipment only to find it was your game with a fault. I nearly reinstalled my OS but fortunately saw this discussion first.

I've tried playing the game with explorer turned off, also turned off Aero 3D and still this game crashes. I've finally made it to the very last bonus level but have been kicked out 3 times and am not touching it anymore until a fix is found. Don't try telling us it is our equipment as if you look at the many posts in your 'tech issues' area, I am not the only one. It has to be a fault with the game. Hire better devs next time!!

swordsdd
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by swordsdd on Nov 2, 17 11:48 PM
Same problem here, running on Windows 7. Game worked fine until Level 22 and I keep getting kicked out, can't get past it. It's not computer, video card or any of that, it's the game.

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Nov 3, 17 1:11 AM
This game really is something else. I reported yesterday that my game kept crashing. Eventually I found that after I loaded it three or four times each level it would play. I eventually managed to get to level 14. This morning I came back to the game and guess what it's gone back to level 1 and I have to start again.

Please don't thank us yet again for our patience and understanding because we are not patient and we don't understand why you can't fix it.

[Post New]by westielover on Nov 3, 17 4:57 AM
I'm also getting kicked out when I try to play level 20. Find it weird that people are getting problems at different levels with this game. Hoping for a fix soon as cant play any longer

Go to: