What do you forget?

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

What do you forget?

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 2, 17 7:24 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:
unofrio wrote:I keep forgetting that friends can't see my equipped pet unless they go into my room. Wouldn't it be nice if they could? Like on the friend list in a little icon on your nameplate but that would probably be too hard to program.

What little things like that do you forget?

D-NY

What is an "equipped pet"?

Oh, sorry. The set pet. They called it equipped in another game I play in which pets are basically gear -- and endlessly bred for good gear qualities. Thank God we don't have that here. I think I'd refuse. You've no idea (well, unless you play a game that does this) what a nightmare that is.

D-NY

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

Re:What do you forget?

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 2, 17 7:26 AM
Myhashen wrote:I try to spin the wheel and play the slot machine first thing every morning when I log into the game. The thing I forget? I forget to spin the wheel and the slot machine. I get too wrapped up in DQ and gifts sometimes. And I sometimes forget to go back to the private rooms to check on the butterflies and the chests. ShaSha

Ooh, I'm so guilty of this!

D-NY

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 2, 17 7:29 AM
cora1012 wrote:Why am I here, again?

Indeed! Why are we all? This could generate quite a deep, philosophical discussion. Although, personally, I think we just are. No reason. So -- to paraphrase James Taylor -- let's just enjoy the passage of time.

D-NY

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 2, 17 7:33 AM
I do find routine helps! Doesn't prevent spacing thing but helps.

This just occurred to me because when I rarely change avatars, I try to find a pet that matches the avatar, even when showing off earned CC ones. (It can be a stretch sometimes as a lot of time there isn't really a pet that matches and I have all the pets -- well, on PC anyway.) Just finally struck me that I do that and friends can't even see unless they go to my private room. Duh.

Not that I'm going to change that habit. lol So friends, see a different avatar than that dude that likes his little black kitten and you're curious, go see how well I matched in my private room.

D-NY

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 2, 17 7:38 AM
I got really frustrated keeping lists of friends on five Games. So I invited everyone to all Games. All the same game name. Two main games #1 & #2, the other three are all same name marked gifting Games. Now l just open up all the friends pages at once and start gifting from whichever game has what a friend needs. At the end of the day if I have any openings left I use them on newbies. The only time I change my routine is during Events then I gift those players who in need first, especially when we have CC's.
Now as to what gets forgotten, I always check Dq's most don't accept, then I get one to do start playing it and go to check if it was notated and find FORGOT to accept.
The forgotten places are the rooms when not in use for an event keep forgetting to take advantage of the puzzles.
As Always Happy Gaming to All

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 2, 17 8:46 AM
I forget to put in my hearing aids sometimes ...... does that count?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Nov 2, 17 8:59 AM
Annelliegram wrote:I forget to put in my hearing aids sometimes ...... does that count?

What??.... type louder, I couldn't hear you....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 2, 17 9:02 AM
clackity.....clackity.......clackity......clackity.....

Is that better????

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Nov 2, 17 9:09 AM
Annelliegram wrote:clackity.....clackity.......clackity......clackity.....

Is that better????

why... yes.... I understood that perfectly... thank you

akge
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by akge on Nov 3, 17 12:00 AM
So, I click on the DQ to see what I need to do, start playing, and then realize I didn't accept the DQ first so nothing counts. Go thing my head is attached.

Kae

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Nov 3, 17 12:54 AM
Annelliegram wrote:clackity.....clackity.......clackity......clackity.....

Is that better????

OMG Laughed so hard I snorted..totally undignified but funny..
5 minutes later still laughing and snorting now gasping for breath.
May have peed a little..
You 2 almost killed me. I'm getting to old to laugh that hard.
(pulling tissue from sleeve..wiping eyes) Thought I went blind there
for a second. Seriously,you have to post a warning.!!!!!
Nice to know the old is working but that was almost dangerous.
p.s. Thanks for the head rush.

Edited on 11/03/2017 at 12:58:00 AM PST

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
501 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Nov 3, 17 2:48 AM
I am always forgetting where I left my glasses!
And have to hunt through the HOS's to find them.... collecting goodies as I go...
The MC Powers That Be have recently made it easier for me though - there is a rather large pair over in the East, in the Hall of Creation, in Adora's Manuscripts, just near that big beautiful kitty cat... Yay!

What else do I forget? Anything....everything!

I don't make any lists (apart from trying to keep track of gifting....)

And I don't make any notes - I figure some things out myself, read the forum for other info and if I remember, great, if not, oh well...

For example, I'm sure I read somewhere about the private room chest and butterfly times, but I forget, so just pop in whenever I feel like it....
I forget when it's time to play the Lucky Diamond, the Fortune wheel and the dice...so keep checking them when I am close by.... (Just checked - all ready now). Guess that's why I keep spinning and spinning that wheel....each time I check on it!
I also have absolutely no idea how many energy balls I collect each day.... I did try and keep count, twice.... but I forgot to keep it up each time... so again, oh well...

Apart from a concentrated test which I do record and analyse (and then send off to the bin), I just play whenever and however my mood urges me to....

So, bottom line is: I can forget everything except that I do NEED to play, that I do NEED to gift friends, and that I can SOMETIMES read and post in the forum...

Moni 🐨

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Nov 3, 17 7:00 AM
I forget that this is just a game and nothing bad will happen to me if I can't complete a challenge !!! even as I write this I am trying to remember what the next quest is and if I need to put something on my wish list or not.

I feel guilty if I miss one of the gifting sessions because of something silly like---work lol.

Love storming the castle - such a nice mental hideaway - Love "friends" and thank you developers for continuing to make this such a fun adaptable game.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 3, 17 8:12 AM
cora1012 wrote:OMG Laughed so hard I snorted..totally undignified but funny..
5 minutes later still laughing and snorting now gasping for breath.
May have peed a little..
You 2 almost killed me. I'm getting to old to laugh that hard.
(pulling tissue from sleeve..wiping eyes) Thought I went blind there
for a second. Seriously,you have to post a warning.!!!!!
Nice to know the old is working but that was almost dangerous.
p.s. Thanks for the head rush.
Cora ...... laughing is good for the soul....it adds years to your life ..... sooooo glad we were able to add a few for you!!!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Nov 3, 17 10:25 AM
I've also started playing the DQ before accepting it...very annoying.

And, especially if I've played multiple rounds, I'll be looking for an item in the HOS that isn't even there. So the item might be dragonfly, but all I catch is the "fly" part and will be looking all over for butterfly. Wondering why in the world I can't find it until I realize there isn't even a butterfly in the darn picture. Don't even want to admit how many times this has happened.

And AEG and Fuzz, I have to join in with Cora. I literally had to run to the bathroom and was laughing so hard my side cramped. Had to take a serious break to allow all my body parts to realign themselves. Glad their memory is better than the one in my head!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 3, 17 12:20 PM
He/she who laughs at you or with you is still laughing....... and that is a good thing!

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Nov 4, 17 3:50 AM
Oh My Gosh....I just drew up a post reply
Went to preview and I think I forgot to actually post it,
Hopefully I'll remember to check tomorrow to see where it went!
Gotta eat more fish!!!

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Nov 5, 17 12:56 PM
I forget...

-to spin the wheel

-to play the lucky diamond

-to send gifts

-to get the goodies in the private room

Go to: