bfgArinelle
228 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 4:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

When basic troubleshooting doesn't resolve an issue (as it sounds like it may not have in this case), please send a message to our Technical Support Team team. They can continue assisting from that point, and they also help us track and report issues by gathering details from our players. We really appreciate your patience, and please feel free to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are additional questions. We'll gladly provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 8, 17 8:24 AM
anyone having problems getting past the security guard. cant click on his tattoo to complete the suspect list.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 9, 17 10:27 AM
rara3462 wrote:anyone having problems getting past the security guard. cant click on his tattoo to complete the suspect list.

Reloaded game still not able to click on tattoo to move forward

bfgArinelle
228 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 11:54 AM
Hey rara3462,

Sorry to hear about the troubles progressing in the game. When an item doesn't respond to being clicked, it can help to run the game in Administrator mode to make sure it has all the permissions it needs to work correctly. Steps for giving that a try can be found here:

Run Game as Administrator

If neither that nor reinstalling the game fixes an issue, it may help to start up a new profile, since the issue could be related to a damaged save file. Although not an ideal solution, it can help when other basic troubleshooting hasn't resolved the trouble.

If all else fails, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You're also always welcome to PM me or one of our other Moderators if there are additional questions or concerns. We'll do everything we can to help out.

bfgArinelle

ppasolvr
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Nov 10, 17 11:13 AM
rara3462 wrote:anyone having problems getting past the security guard. cant click on his tattoo to complete the suspect list.

I'm stuck on the security guard, too. I got his tattoo, but I can't open his pocket to get to his wallet. I hit the hint, and while no hint is shown (I thought maybe it would open the pocket for me!) it does show the hint being used. What a bummer. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

[Post New]by tiptie on Nov 13, 17 10:47 PM
ppasolvr wrote:

I'm stuck on the security guard, too. I got his tattoo, but I can't open his pocket to get to his wallet. I hit the hint, and while no hint is shown (I thought maybe it would open the pocket for me!) it does show the hint being used. What a bummer. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

I am having same issue with the security guard. Windows 10. I may try creating a different profile. As others, I cannot open his shirt pocket.

Edited on 11/13/2017 at 10:51:41 PM PST

bfgArinelle
228 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 11:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

It looks like several people have run into a roadblock with the various interactions with the security guard. If running the game as Administrator or reinstalling the game does not resolve the described issues, starting up a new profile may be the next best bet. Should all of that not fix the situation, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator anytime. We'll provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by tiptie on Nov 14, 17 10:17 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

It looks like several people have run into a roadblock with the various interactions with the security guard. If <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">running the game as Administrator</a> or <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230153807">reinstalling the game</a> does not resolve the described issues, starting up a new profile may be the next best bet. Should all of that not fix the situation, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> for further help. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator anytime. We'll provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

OK. I have reinstalled game, created a new profile, ran as administer, got to the guard again. I clicked in the pocket, got the wallet, did all the necessary tasks, clicked on tattoo........nothing! It seems that no matter where you begin, the game locks with the last action item. We definitely have a bug.

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by hollyodie on Nov 15, 17 9:09 PM
Valdy wrote:
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there's been trouble with the cursor disappearing after turning off the game's custom cursor. Checking driver updates is a good first step for that sort of issue, and I've provided a link below that should take everyone straight to the correct part of the article. We apologize for any troubles with the previous link!

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248#step_2">Update your video card driver</a>

bfgArinelle

This has nothing to do with our drivers. This happened before with one of Eipix's games. They didn't include the file for the small custom cursor, which is used as the system cursor. Eipix took a few days, but then added the file for that cursor

Thanks, Valdy. After seeing all the problems posted by other players I don't feel too bad any more. Hopefully Eipix will take note of the comments and fix the problem.

As a side note - I always like to change the cursor in Eipix games as I find their huge one slows the game for me.

--- --- ---

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 9:12:55 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 17, 17 5:44 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience. It sounds like there are some troubles with this game, and I'm sorry that the troubleshooting steps we've recommend haven't worked.

Since the video card driver is responsible for directing how a computer's graphics display, we often recommend checking for updates. Installing a newer version, which developers regularly release to keep everything running smoothly, can often help the game run more smoothly.

If updating the computer's video card driver doesn't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace the game.

Should any questions remain, please PM me or another moderator. We'll be glad to provide further assistance.

bfgBeruna

FreeBird01
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Nov 18, 17 1:06 AM
I was really thinking of buying this game. I played the demo and everything seemed fine until right toward the last of my demo time. I looked a the hint site and found it wasn't recharging at all. It was like it was stuck and while I was looking at the hint site my time ran out. I don't know if I would have had more time, if the hint site would have recharged or not?

After reading of other problems that other people have had I think I'll hold off on buying this game.

Go to: