IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re: Cate West: The Velvet Keys Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Apr 27, 11 1:36 PM
To my dismay, this game was BORING!! I found it too repetitive and too long.
Chapter after chapter was the same. I finally gave up and uninstalled the game. This one was a waste of my time and my money!

[Post New]by bellamina1957 on Jun 6, 11 7:34 PM
I really enjoyed playing the demo. It was very entertaining. I'll put it on my wish list

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 21, 11 10:46 AM
It was more interesting than the other Cate West game, but still not worth buying. Dialog was clunky and not terribly interesting. Graphics were nice, and it was also nice to be able to not have to find every single object at every scene. For me, there are just not enough interesting puzzles mixed in, as well as a weak story.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Sep 21, 11 11:46 AM
Well, I got the game as a DD. Played five levels and quit. Just played level six and am planning to quite again. Not ready to delete from my computer, but just about. As a H0G it is pretty good, but I don't like H0Gs THAT much. One scene after another after another. Geez!

Light weight story that doesn't make that much sense. Someone is stealing people's souls and you need to do several things to create a Velvet Key for each person to return the soul to thier body. First, you need to collect items (a lot of items--40 for level 6) from various places around the city. The objects are just random items in mostly junkpiles.

Then, you get a Find the Difference screen to work and then an Identify the Object (from small picture of part of the object) screen. The Objects are supposed to have meaning to the soul-less person. Then, you get a split screen with two completely different scenes. In each, is part of one of the Objects. You need to find the two parts and join them. Then you get the Velvet Key to save the person. Then you have to do a mini game (like a slider) to save the person.

Soul-less bodies keep turning up.

Too tedious for me. But, if you like H0Gs, this might be the game for you.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 1, 12 3:18 AM
I bought this game as either a DD or a Treasure Chest deal......and wish I hadn't.
There are posts about a technical issue that are almost a year old....perhaps older, I write my revue in March of 2012, and the technical issue posts are dated May and June though without a year.
This game still kills the system pointer and the only way to get it back is to bring up another screen or power off.
On top of that, though there are many variations on HOGs they are all of the scattered junk variety, hard to see even with a magnifying glass.

The story line looked interesting but going through the story scenes has been slow and little new is said in any of them.

There may be some that like this game, but if you are vision challenged you may want to skip this unless you use the hints, which seem to be generously offered.
I can't even recommend this game on the variety of the puzzles.

Go to: