Re:Deadtimes Stories Quits on Me.

[Post New]by Lillouie on May 30, 10 8:23 AM
I had the same problem and this is BFG's reply:

This problem can sometimes occur because the Game Manger is not running in Administrative mode, preventing Deadtime Stories from performing optimally. Please follow the steps below to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. Right click on the Game Manager icon on your desktop.

2. Click Properties

3. Go to the compatibility tab. Ensure that the Game Manager isn’t running in Compatibility mode, and that under Privilege Level, “Run this program as an administrator” is checked (if this option is "grayed out", then you are already running it the Game Manager as administrator). Hit Apply and OK.

Afterwards, I’d like you to try and play Deadtime Stories.

If you’re having trouble playing with your previously played profile, then I’m sorry to say that the save file is corrupted and you have lost your progress. However, we do notice that players having this issue are able to create a new profile (by clicking Profile > Empty > enter your name > Create)and complete the game problem free. I recommend giving that a shot; you can use the Deadtime Stories walkthrough to provide solutions to puzzles you’ve already played (to help you get to the point you were at), as well as to solve future puzzles.

The game still works but you have to start over.

[Post New]by Lillouie on May 30, 10 8:26 AM
The game still works but you have to create a new profile and start it all over again.

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Jun 3, 10 10:41 PM
I had the same problem when I bought it when it first came out and they walked me through different things and none worked. He gave me the option for a refund or wait until they get it fixed. I am still waitingggggg. I really like this game to so hope they get it fixed soon or I will just get a credit and buy it again when they fix it.

Go to: