jwock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES of Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jwock on Nov 10, 17 5:52 PM
Same problem with the wheel

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES of Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by parachutejumper on Nov 11, 17 6:22 AM
The game freezes in the "Dreams" area when I select the "old wheel" from the inventory. It is an interactive inventory and needs to add the new
"wooden boards". There are no walkthroughs to guide you.

[Post New]by tigerjules on Nov 11, 17 10:36 AM
having the same problem half way through the game trying to assemble the wheel with planks no wheel it doesn't appear it locks.

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Nov 11, 17 11:11 AM
I can't play the bonus game. It is really laggy.

[Post New]by sonjacrous on Nov 12, 17 10:01 AM
The wheel and planks...switch to casual mode and it appears..afterwards switch back to other modes

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 12, 17 10:17 AM
Hey Everyone,

Since it sounds like there's been trouble for several people with the wheel and the boards, I thought I'd go ahead and share this tip from fishyfi in case it helps get around this particular issue for now:

I set unset the custom cursor and special effects, set the level to casual and the wheel appeared. once I'd fixed it and used it, I put all the settings back to where they'd been before and it all is working fine again now

This may help out if the usual troubleshooting of running as administrator and updating video card drivers didn't get things working better. Should neither solution work, please let us know! It may also be a good idea at that point to send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance.

As for the issues downloading, nightkat1, most download and installation issues can be traced back to interference from another program running in the background (firewall and anitviurses being the most common culprits). It's also possible the Big Fish Games app may just need to try downloading the game in a different way. The following link has steps that can help get things working better:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If that doesn't get everything working better, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have additional steps to try and will also be able to help with any error messages that may be coming up. You're also welcome to PM me or one of our other Moderators with any questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Nov 16, 17 8:18 AM
In the 2nd nightmare, the maze with collected items you find during it. My collected items keep sitting in inventory on top of each other and you can't move on. Can't put out the fire if the stick is on top of the cup you want to fill with water....cant set torch on fire if axe is sitting on top of it. Help!

[Post New]by pedroG4mac on Nov 17, 17 7:02 AM
lolaluv wrote:I'm probably about halfway through the game, in the second nightmare trying to assemble a wheel with planks. Click on the wheel from inventory and it doesn't appear - it gives you the directions, but no object, and then locks up. Had to ctl alt del both times I tried to interact with the wheel. I think I need it to move on, too. Oops.

I have had to quit the game play 4 times due to a freeze which results when I select the water wheel from inventory. The interactive wheel is invisible, and although the close box icon is visible no buttons on the page are active. There is no way to move an invisible wheel to the axle in the pond. Can you supply a fix. Please.I have tried to assemble the planks onto the wheel, can hear their sound effects, but no image is present. Mac OS X.11.6 on an Intel Mac mini.

[Post New]by pedroG4mac on Nov 17, 17 8:07 AM
This is great news, will try this solution next. I attempted to contact Elephant via their webmail support form 3 times, and that also failed to SEND. Guess they are less interested in dealing with the customer than Big Fish. Mac OS X. version 10.11.6

The change to casual mode allows the wheel to appear. This should have been caught is pre-release, I suspect. But at least we have a solution for this issue! Thank you to fishyfi and Arinelle

bfgArinelle wrote:Hey Everyone,

Since it sounds like there's been trouble for several people with the wheel and the boards, I thought I'd go ahead and share this tip from fishyfi in case it helps get around this particular issue for now:

I set unset the custom cursor and special effects, set the level to casual and the wheel appeared. once I'd fixed it and used it, I put all the settings back to where they'd been before and it all is working fine again now

This may help out if the usual troubleshooting of <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">running as administrator</a> and <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248#step_2">updating video card drivers</a> didn't get things working better. Should neither solution work, please let us know! It may also be a good idea at that point to send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> for additional assistance.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/17/2017 at 9:20:27 AM PST

JJ99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JJ99 on Nov 19, 17 4:19 AM
I'm having issues at the pet carrier. Every time I click anything at all when at the carrier the game freezes - so far I've restarted the game 7 times (yeah I know, definition of madness!!) and the same problem.
I'm not able to move on as I need to pickup an item from inside the carrier but every time I click the game freezes!
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you get past it.
Please help!!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 19, 17 2:15 PM
Hi JJ99,

That's a lot of restarts! Let's see if we can get progression moving through troubleshooting. When a game isn't moving forward or is freezing up, there can be a couple of culprits at play. The first possibility is that something went wrong during the installation, and a quick uninstall and reinstall of the game may fix it up. If not, we can move on to making sure the game has the permissions and updated drivers it needs to work correctly. Steps for these suggestions can be found here:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

Should that not resolve the issue described, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can offer extra assistance. They can also collect information to help us better track and report issues our players have run into. If there are other questions or concerns, you can also send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators at any time. We'll do our very best to help out.

bfgArinelle

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on Nov 19, 17 10:05 PM
I am at the end of the game and have encountered a bad glitch. When I got into the institute, and tried to put in the passcode to the computer, I hit a wrong number. It just completely froze the game. Shut it down three times and it did not help. Tried changing the options. Still frozen.
Giving up for tonight, tired of fighting this game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 20, 17 12:18 PM
Hi moonwitch1,

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the game freezing! Hopefully it'll cooperate better today, but, if not, we can go over some troubleshooting to see if it helps. Freezing can be related to driver issues, so it's always a good idea to check for updates when freezes come around. Information about that can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

Since it's happening during a particular puzzle, though, it's possible something in the save file is damaged in a way that's making it hard for the game to move forward. In those cases, starting up a new profile can help get around the issue. The game could also just need a quick reinstall in case something went wrong with one of the files during the initial installation. Steps for this can be found here:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If these tricks don't get things moving again, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide additional assistance for us. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator anytime. We'll do the best we can to help out.

bfgArinelle

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on Nov 23, 17 2:52 PM
Okay, I deleted, reloaded the game and replayed with a new profile, all because of the combination error at the end I mentioned in my earlier post. It did work, BUT there were still issues with the wheel. THE ONLY FIX is to go to options, change the cursor and special effects. I had tried setting it to a regular cursor with no effects from the beginning, but it still gave me the same issue with the wheel not showing. When I went into the options and changed back to a customer cursor and effects, it worked. So all you do is the opposite of where you have these two settings. I have not played the bonus yet so I will report back if there's any issues there.

[Post New]by rusand on Nov 25, 17 8:08 AM
I receive a blank water wheel too. reloaded and played thru to the wheel and same issues

[Post New]by bandit802 on Nov 26, 17 1:12 PM
lolaluv wrote:I'm probably about halfway through the game, in the second nightmare trying to assemble a wheel with planks. Click on the wheel from inventory and it doesn't appear - it gives you the directions, but no object, and then locks up. Had to ctl alt del both times I tried to interact with the wheel. I think I need it to move on, too. Oops.

I am having same issue

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 26, 17 1:21 PM
Hey rusand and bandit802,

I'm sorry to hear the wheel is still causing troubles! For those who have recently reported this issue, it may help to try this tip from fishyfi in case it helps get around this particular issue for now:

This sounds like it's helped some players when the usual troubleshooting of running as administrator and updating video card drivers hasn't helped. Should none of this work, please let us know! It may also be a good idea at that point to send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance.

If there are additional questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

crusades
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by crusades on Nov 30, 17 4:49 AM
This game has a serious bug inside... I have dowloaded twice and have not only lost this Surface game but every other game I had in game manager too. I had a loads of problems re downloading the game manager, which I was advised to do, had very little help from SUPPORT, and eventually fixed the problem myself. I deleted the entire BFG files and started again. (Mac user)
I have just downloaded Surface again and THE VERY SAME THING happened again. So my recommendation is to NOT download this game atall.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 30, 17 11:44 AM
Hi crusades,

I'm so sorry to hear there's been quite a bit of trouble involved with downloading and installing the game. Installing a game should definitely not clear out the games listed in the Big Fish Games app. My best recommendation for this situation is to continue working with our Technical Support Team to see if we can figure out what's causing this to occur. Please locate the most recent email from them and reply directly to it so we can continue assisting with the situation. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Please feel free to PM me or another Moderator with any remaining questions or concerns about this. We'll be happy to do what we can to help.

bfgArinelle

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by charfoust on Dec 3, 17 7:41 PM
I played through the main story with minimal issues on Windows 10 Pro laptop with special effects disabled, but nothing else tweaked. I selected a custom profile and had no problems until trying to fill in the bear and deer on the altar in the bonus game. I can color the deer but then everything hangs up and I have to use an alt+F4 to close the entire thing. Finally, I gave up and skipped the puzzle to finish the game.

Go to: