GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Nov 17, 17 11:54 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hey Everyone,

It sounds like the cursor is vanishing for some or our players with the Mac version of the game. It's possible the custom cursor isn't getting along well with the system and is having trouble displaying. If at all possible, it may help to access the Options menu right after the opening scene ends and unchecking the Custom Icon box. We also recommend trying out the steps from our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116928">Mac Game Troubleshooting</a> article, since they can be helpful for various display issues in Mac games.

Should these steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> so they can offer additional assistance and help us effectively gather information about the issue. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to provide any help we can.

bfgArinelle

Your suggestion is an OK one, except for one problem. When you turn off the custom cursor for the game and use your normal system cursor, you lose the ability to see where you need to look for something or do an action (the magnifying glass clue) because a system cursor doesn't show you areas like this. And while this may be a nice fix for the issue, the real issue is that they need to fix the glitch with the cursor, or ensure that ANY cursor will give you the hints you need to find things in the game. I have all the Redemption Cemetery games, and have never had these types of issues in the past. I am running the new High Sierra OS for Mac, and have had some other issues that I'm still trying to get fixed with Apple, but that doesn't release the game developers from fixing issues when they are pointed out but numerous players.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 17, 17 1:26 PM
Hello GreyGhost,

I'm sorry that turning off the customer cursor impacts the ability to see the magnifying glass clue. I definitely understand wanting the issue to be fixed, so I'll absolutely pass this information along so the matter can be investigated. Thank you so much for your patience.

Sometimes, reinstalling Adobe Flash and Shockwave can fix the issues that prevent a cursor from working. The help page below will walk you through that process, if there's any interest:

Reinstall Adobe Flash & Shockwave (Computer)

If you would prefer to replace the game, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They're be equipped to handle this exchange. Please PM me or another moderator if there are further questions. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgBeruna

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Nov 17, 17 5:58 PM
After I did finally get it downloaded and working properly (Windows 10), now I can't uninstall it. I've tried everything I can find to get it to uninstall. So far, nothing has worked. I really want it off my computer because I don't really trust it. I even turned my computer off, but it still won't uninstall. It says it can't uninstall because the game is currently running. I'm supposed to stop the running game, so it can be uninstalled. However, it won't let me into the game again. This is unbelievable.

rjohn82677
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by rjohn82677 on Nov 18, 17 12:00 AM
I dowloaded and installed "Shockwave" and now the game is working. NO DISAPPEARING CURSOR.
R John

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 18, 17 9:49 AM
I played the entire main game without a smidge of trouble and now I'm trying to play the bonus. I'm as far as the puzzle with the car and the arrows, and get "Runtime Error." Any suggestions?

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Editi

[Post New]by lordofys on Nov 18, 17 11:17 PM
rjohn82677 wrote:I HAD THE SAME ISSUE: CURSOR DISAPPEARED!

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? Had to to turn off my computer to exit the game.

I had the same problem. Instead of shutting down, just force quit. (Option, Command and Esc.) I had to do this, I think, four times to get through the game.

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Editio

[Post New]by lordofys on Nov 18, 17 11:23 PM
GreyGhost wrote:
bfgArinelle wrote:Hey Everyone,

It sounds like the cursor is vanishing for some or our players with the Mac version of the game. It's possible the custom cursor isn't getting along well with the system and is having trouble displaying. If at all possible, it may help to access the Options menu right after the opening scene ends and unchecking the Custom Icon box. We also recommend trying out the steps from our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116928">Mac Game Troubleshooting</a> article, since they can be helpful for various display issues in Mac games.

Should these steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> so they can offer additional assistance and help us effectively gather information about the issue. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to provide any help we can.

bfgArinelle

Your suggestion is an OK one, except for one problem. When you turn off the custom cursor for the game and use your normal system cursor, you lose the ability to see where you need to look for something or do an action (the magnifying glass clue) because a system cursor doesn't show you areas like this. And while this may be a nice fix for the issue, the real issue is that they need to fix the glitch with the cursor, or ensure that ANY cursor will give you the hints you need to find things in the game. I have all the Redemption Cemetery games, and have never had these types of issues in the past. I am running the new High Sierra OS for Mac, and have had some other issues that I'm still trying to get fixed with Apple, but that doesn't release the game developers from fixing issues when they are pointed out but numerous players.

The problem is not High Sierra. I'm still running El Capitan, and I had the same problem.

[Post New]by jinnyatplay on Nov 19, 17 1:17 AM
I have purchased the game and downloaded it but am unable to open it as access violation message comes up and closes Big Fish . Recommended fixes don't work ....very frustrated . I am using Windows 10.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 20, 17 2:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like various errors are coming up while playing, so let's address these reports one at a time.

To start us off, thanks to rjohn82677 for letting us know that installing Shockwave on the computer helped with the disappearing cursor! For those who have also run into this difficulty, please give this a try if you haven't already to see if it helps gets things working better.

For the troubles uninstalling the game, nightkat1, go ahead and restart the computer again, and then please try to uninstall the game through the Control Panel rather than through the Big Fish Games app to see if that gets the job done. For Windows 10, this is done by right-clicking the Start button and clicking on Control Panel. From there, click on Programs and Features, and then Uninstall a Program. A list of installed programs will populate, and the name of the game can be found in that list of programs. Once the game is selected, the option to uninstall will become available.

jennsmom, a Runtime Error indicates that there's a miscommunication between the game and the computer, and this is generally due to outdated software of some sort. For this error, it helps to check for video card driver updates and to run Windows Update to check for missing updates from Microsoft. The steps for running Windows Update varies with operating system, so please PM me with the version of Windows being used on your computer if you'd like additional steps.

For access violation errors, jinnyatplay, outdated software can often be the culprit. If you've already checked for video card driver updates and have run the game as an Administrator, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

If the troubleshooting doesn't resolve any of these issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. You can also PM me or another Moderator anytime. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Nov 21, 17 6:55 PM
If so many people are having the same problem, it seems to me that it is NOT our computers but rather a bug in program.
And, why should I have to install programs that I do not want in order to make a game work?

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 6:55:55 PM PST

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Nov 22, 17 3:55 AM
When i've played and then exited the game, my games manager has also closed.
Doesnt matter how many times i click it on or tell it to open, it refuses to.
The only way i can get it to show again is to reboot.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 22, 17 2:28 PM
Hey Syndalee and crypsynight,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles! Let's start with Syndalee's question. Some games require particular software configurations to work properly. For Windows computers, this often involves DirectX, and Mac computers often rely on Adobe software instead (Shockwave, Flash, etc). We recommend updating or reinstalling this software because it's something the game may need to work correctly. Please be reassured that these programs are not harmful to the computer. If you'd prefer not to install them, that's okay, and the best course would be to send a message to our Technical Support Team to check into getting a replacement game.

As for what you're running into, crypsynight, I've actually had that happen on my computer too, so I understand what you're going through! When it happened on my PC, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Big Fish Games app, and that got things back to normal. If you'd like to give that a try, steps for the process can be found here:

Reinstall the Big Fish Games App

If that doesn't do the trick, go ahead and send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have some additional tips they can offer that should get things working correctly again. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator if there are questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help in every way we can.

bfgArinelle

Runtime error

[Post New]by lkjmnb on Nov 22, 17 4:53 PM
the application has asked the runtime to terminate in an unusal way.
Win10

Why are you putting out defective games and gamemanager has been terrible all week.

GC

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Nov 23, 17 4:45 AM
I am also having an issue with the cursor disappearing. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but that did not work. When is bfg going to realize that some issues are not computer related but programming related. I can see if it is just one person, but there seems to be quite a few people with the same issue.

Fix this already, I paid for the game and I really would like to finish it without having to close it all the time. Very annoying.

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Nov 25, 17 1:51 PM
The Mystery of the Disappearing Cursor...

It's not just the custom cursor that disappears on me, but also the system cursor, so the game is totally unplayable. My Flash, Shockwave, and Java are all up-to-date, as is my BFG Game Manager. El Capitan 10.11.6.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 26, 17 2:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the details provided about the systems where the cursor keeps disappearing. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and I want to reassure that I've passed along these reports. If/when we receive more information about this situation, we will make an announcement on the forums right away. Thank you for your continued patience.

As for the runtime error, lkjmnb, this type of error means there's a miscommunication between the game and the computer. The usual cause for this situation is outdated software of some sort. It may to check for video card driver updates and to run Windows Update to check for missing updates from Microsoft. The steps for running Windows Update varies with operating system, so please PM me with the version of Windows being used on your computer if you'd like additional steps.

For any issues not resolved through troubleshooting, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They can offer further support, and they also collect data that's helpful for passing along reports of issues. For any other questions or concerns, you're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by DeeSmith0883 on Nov 26, 17 4:45 PM
Yuppers - runtime error.....at the sacrificial altar - running on HP Pavilion with Windows 7 - would really like a credit to my account. :-(

[Post New]by snorklecat on Nov 27, 17 5:45 AM
I too find that after completing certain puzzles throughout the game- seems to be random- cursor completely disappears. So far, it's happened 6 times. I am able to exit out of the game blindly by swiping around the screen until the Exit buttons are highlighted, and I can bumble my way out, however this is a bit of a pain.

Cursor comes back after a restart of the game, but the problem recurs.

I'm playing on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. Seems like a lot of folks are getting the same bug. Clearly, this is a glitch that needs to be fixed.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edit

[Post New]by scs2 on Nov 27, 17 6:35 AM
drbabs wrote:
Scottie12 wrote:Playing on MacBook Air OS X Yosemite and the cursor disappeared. Had great difficulty exiting the game. I too had to turn off my computer to exit the game.

Same issue with disappearing cursor on Macbook with Sierra 10.13 OS. I could see the cursor at the top of the screen and was able to move the cursor down over the main menu and the exit choice. Very annoying however. Hope this gets addressed

Same Cursor issue (MacBook Air, High Sierra 10.13)...And now, when I reach the scene where the flame grabs her and a hidden object scene opens on the altar in front of the place where she's taken, clicking on the hidden object sparkles causes the game to crash. What a mess!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 27, 17 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that has occurred while playing the game due to the cursor troubles or crashing during gameplay. We appreciate your continued patience, and our Moderator team will be certain to provide an update with any new information that comes up for the troubles experienced in the game.

For now, please try running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card driver updates if these steps have not already been tried. For our Mac users, checking for software and OS updates can be useful. The following link has more details on doing that:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For those where troubleshooting has not solved the experienced issue, please send a ticket to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance, including a replacement game when appropriate. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any lingering questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: