bluesycat
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bluesycat on Nov 23, 17 7:34 AM
kdubs' suggestion worked! Thank you. (P.S. I never thought of using the highlight to cover up spoilers. What a great idea that is, too.)

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by umer0110 on Nov 24, 17 10:08 AM
I am getting Error Code 208 when the game tries to activate. I've tried uninstall and reinstall but to no avail. Please help.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 24, 17 6:18 PM
TECH ISSUES REMINDER:

Please remember to INCLUDE THE SYSTEM ON WHICH YOU ARE PLAYING. This can help identify whether the issue is specific to a certain system's compatibility with the game or if it's a problem within the game itself across all platforms!

Thank you!!

P.S. I played on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5 and had no tech issues. Unlike poor bluesycat, who so far has been the only fishy to remember to post their system. Glad you got it figured out, bluesycat!

Edited on 11/24/2017 at 6:24:15 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition

[Post New]by umer0110 on Nov 24, 17 6:45 PM
WilJul wrote: TECH ISSUES REMINDER:

Please remember to INCLUDE THE SYSTEM ON WHICH YOU ARE PLAYING. This can help identify whether the issue is specific to a certain system's compatibility with the game or if it's a problem within the game itself across all platforms!

Thank you!!

P.S. I played on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5 and had no tech issues. Unlike poor bluesycat, who so far has been the only fishy to remember to post their system. Glad you got it figured out, bluesycat!

I have PC with Windows 10

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 26, 17 2:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some progression issues and some troubles installing/activating the game. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

For progression issues, the best troubleshooting steps to start out with are running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card driver updates. These steps help make sure the game has the resources and permissions it needs for its files to work as they should.

For installation issues, these are most often the result of interference from another piece of software (like an antivirus). The steps from this article can help get around those troubles:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

For the 208 error specifically, this means the Big Fish Games app is having trouble locating the purchase of the game on your account. This can be resolved most often by signing out of the account currently on the app and signing back in with the account used to purchase the game. If there's still trouble at that point, we can activate the game through the trial version to get around the issue. The following articles have steps for both suggestions:

Errors 203, 206, and 208
Purchased Game is Still in Trial Mode

If these steps don't resolve the above issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

am100other
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by am100other on Nov 26, 17 3:57 PM
It sound like the main problem is not realising the various kinds of 'stamp' rather than the obvious postage stamp, although it should be clear that if there are various kinds of the same named object in the scene, it should at least say what kind of stamp it was, in this case a rubber business stamp!
I fell for these kind of things before when clicking for ages, then realising it was something else with the same name!

PS. i had no trouble downloading the game or playing it, day before release on my Windows 10 x64 Laptop. Build number 17046.

Edited on 11/26/2017 at 3:58:12 PM PST

txredhead
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by txredhead on Nov 27, 17 12:43 PM
I am having a problem with the cursor. It does not respond correctly and "floats" around and I have to take time to get it to the correct spot. This is annoying and slows down the game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 27, 17 1:31 PM
Hi txredhead,

A floaty cursor could certainly slow things down a bit. This can happen sometimes when the game's custom cursor isn't getting along well with the system. A quick fix for this is turning off the custom cursor in the game by accessing the Options menu and unchecking the box for Custom Icon. Should that not do the trick, it may also help to check for video card driver updates, since the video drivers have a lot of control over how a game looks and performs.

Should the troubles persist, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

judella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by judella on Nov 29, 17 4:51 PM
Playing on Windows 10 in the Toy Factory, Frances's office. I was only able to pick up one cut-out from the HOP behind the blackboard.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 1, 17 4:58 PM
Hello judella,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm swimming over to provide some help right away.

First, let's check whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver directs how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly.

It would also be a good idea to run this game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs.

Please take a look at the help pages below for further instruction:

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)
Run Game as Administrator

On the off chance that this doesn't fix the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're the best equipped to continue providing solutions. If any new questions arise, you're more than welcome to PM me or a fellow moderator. Have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 9, 17 11:08 AM
I have Win10PC. I had a problem with a puzzle in Chapter 5 under P. The puzzle has 3 pictures and you can't grab just one. There is no reset button. The three pictures are a giraffe, train wagon and a doll's head. Since I couldn't grab my picture of the train wagon, I started with the first picture the one on top when they are stacked, the giraffe. It froze and wouldn't let me do any thing after that. So I powered down the game and turned it back on and nothing. After playing with it for some time it worked. Another main puzzle won't move where the guide wanted it, so I just skipped it.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 10, 17 2:34 PM
Hi Majestyx12,

I'm sorry to hear there's been some trouble progressing in the game due to a puzzle freezing up while trying to complete it. Freezing can be caused by the game not having the permissions or resources it needs to use its files correctly, so the following links may help out:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

Skipping is definitely another option, though I totally understand that it's not an ideal one for players who like to complete everything. Should the issue persist after troubleshooting, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to do whatever we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 10, 17 6:28 PM
Windows 10 keeps my drivers up to date automatically.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 11, 17 1:21 PM
Hi Majestyx12,

When things are up-to-date for your system and the the troubleshooting steps provided haven't helped resolve the issue in this case, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can assist further. They'll have the tools to best help out from this point.

Please let me or another Moderator know by PM if there are lingering questions or concerns. We'll be glad to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 12, 17 6:26 AM
Thank You. I did.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Editio

[Post New]by thecourtreporter on Jan 17, 18 4:01 PM
janhunter66 wrote:Is anyone having trouble picking up the stamp in the puzzle about 20 minutes in the game?

I'm having the same problem. It won't pick up the stamp, and I've reinstalled the game.

in the HOP about 20 minutes into the game. I hit the hint button and then click where it goes and nothing happens.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Editi

[Post New]by BamaJack on Feb 15, 18 11:35 AM
janhunter66 wrote:Is anyone having trouble picking up the stamp in the puzzle about 20 minutes in the game?

I'm having the same problem. I click where the hint goes (all over in fact) but can's find the stamper.

in the HOP about 20 minutes into the game. I hit the hint button and then click where it goes and nothing happens.

Edited on 02/15/2018 at 11:37:35 AM PST

[Post New]by avblount3 on Mar 20, 18 12:15 AM
Hello, I installed the game but it will not allow me to click on the Stamper in the cemetery scene. I found all of the other items and I see the stamper -but it doesn't recognize the click.

Go to: