carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Mystic Diary: Lost Brother Review and Comments

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 4, 10 5:10 AM
I didn't care for this one. Too easy to find things, not much storyline, no challenge or interesting graphics.

Not buying even for a steal...

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 25, 10 8:31 PM
This game is pretty good. Relaxing HOG with some interaction. Some objects are not too easy to find. There is an interesting story that makes me want to continue. I am glad that I bought it during the sale this weekend.

[Post New]by FloridaGirl7264 on Jul 27, 10 9:22 AM
I like the game. I figured I would demo it first to see if I would enjoy it and also check for any techie problems. (My computer is very temperamental these days.) I find the game to be a bit on the easy side, but not too easy. I find that I don't have my nose to the monitor screen looking for the clues, like I do in so many HOG games. For $2.99, it's a good value. I know I'll play it more than once, as I understand the game is a bit on the short side.

maggieevans
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by maggieevans on Jul 27, 10 9:36 AM
I bought the game the last time it was offered and I really liked it. Even though it was pretty easy and relatively short, I thought it had a nice little story and found the whole search for the brother thing sort of sweet. I also appreciated some of the originality the developers tried to incorporate and while not exactly mind blowing, this game definitely has its charms. For a relaxing HOG, I recommend it.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 15, 10 8:14 AM
When the game first came out it didn't wow me enough to want to buy it. But when it was offered on the dd, I jumped on it and promptly forgot about it. With the new Mystic Diary I thought I'd see if i finished the first one. Nope, not even half way. So i finished it yesterday and although I won't go so far as to say it was boring, it was very easy. For me it was a relaxing mindless HOG.

Now I'm off to play the new one.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 25, 10 6:58 PM
I played Mystic Diary: Haunted Island and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to go back and play this one. Don't know how I missed it when it was a DD but bought it during the Labor Day Sale and just now got a chance to play it. I enjoyed it. It is very relaxing and kinda short. Lasts about 2 to 2 and a half hours. Mini games are really easy. I didn't need the Walkthrough for any scene. I thought I would on the last puzzle but the symbols light up when they are in the right place. Good game whether you paid 6.99, 4.99 or 2.99.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:44 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 27, 12 4:18 PM
Okay....this must have been the first in the series of Mystic Diary games, because this seems very old school. A very good game for those just starting out in these type of games as it is very easy and simple. Total HOGs with a magic magnifying glass that sends you to another place!

Young kids will love it...

Only played the demo...but that was enough. Seems odd, the later Mystic Diary games were much more advanced and I enjoyed them.

tjwilson
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by tjwilson on Feb 21, 13 8:39 PM
Fourth game I've tried tonight. The graphics are great with two exceptions: the items are too small, and the initial HO field has shapes instead of a written list. Seems to be the rage, this was in two of the four games I tried. If you're going to have shapes I have to find, the least you can do is have a description of what I'm looking for. I HATE searching shapes. Give me a list any day of the week, but make sure the item is spelled correctly and that you give the right name for an item. One of my games uses thumb protector or some such thing for a thimble, and it's not one of those that tricks you. I hate reading lengthy explanations of things I need to know in order to play the game. Of the four, this was by far the best game.

Go to: