aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Re:Quests for Christmas event

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 21, 17 7:06 AM
Another day has arrived. Our narrator for today is the Ghost of Christmas Presents (chuckle! this is how it is spelt). There is 1 LIMITED collectible to find so not as busy as yesterday.

Day 7. Thursday 21 December 2017.

Q. 10. Follow the Ghost to the Old Bank.

I am at guru level here and I was in Picky Shopper mode. There were 3 collectibles on the reward bar. All 3 collectibles dropped when I did the HOS. A straight-forward quest. I returned to the quest box & collected the reward.

The icon was still flashing so I went to the next quest.

Q. 11.
- Follow the Ghost to the Christmas Alley.
- Find the Elf Lunchbox.

At Christmas Alley, I am at guru level and I was in silhouette mode. There were 3 collectibles on the reward bar. All 3 collectibles dropped when I did the HOS.

The Elf Lunchbox can be found in the Hotel, Akron, Ohio. Beside the Elf Lunchbox, there is the Holly Boxers & the Elf Boots on the reward bar.
Initially I was in picture mode but as I am working on completing 10 Elf Figurine Collections, I had to do the Ohio HOS 10 times so I cycled through all the modes. The 3 collectibles dropped for all bar 2 of the times I did the HOS. The Holly Boxers did not drop 1 time & the Elf Boots did not drop the other time. When I completed the HOS the first time, the game took me back to the Christmas quest box. I did NOT collect the reward although all parts of the quest were ticked. I used the arrow on the "Next Quest" button to exit to the daily quest. I exited the daily quest using the "X" in the corner of the box. Then I was back in Breezy Cove and able to visit Ohio as often as I wanted. When I had gotten 10 Elf Lunchboxes, I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward. The icon disappeared. Questing was over for today.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Dot

Heads up for tomorrow. We visit the Toy Repair Shop. You will need 18 hammers.

PLEASE READ Dirk Tee's tip for handling Quest 11. It is in the following post.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 21, 17 7:11 AM
A good tip posted by Dirk_Tee in 2016. It is another workaround instead of "X" out via the daily or another quest that is not in the Christmas Event.

An additional note to quest 11:
If you play the two parts of the quest in reverse order, you don't run the risk of accepting the reward and closing the quest too soon.
So play the Hotel, Ohio scene first, as many times as you like (or can bear) to get your Elf Lunchboxes, and only then play the Christmas Alley scene and accept the reward to finish the quest.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 21, 17 2:47 PM
aussie_Dot wrote:A good tip posted by Dirk_Tee in 2016. It is another workaround instead of "X" out via the daily or another quest that is not in the Christmas Event.

An additional note to quest 11:
If you play the two parts of the quest in reverse order, you don't run the risk of accepting the reward and closing the quest too soon.
So play the Hotel, Ohio scene first, as many times as you like (or can bear) to get your Elf Lunchboxes, and only then play the Christmas Alley scene and accept the reward to finish the quest.

A ghost from Christmas past

Another tip: If there is only one special quest for the day (and because of aussie_Dot's excellent work, you know beforehand if there is one or more), even if it is a multi-part quest, you can quit the game without finishing the quest.When you come back to the game later that same day, the quest will be there again for you as if you did not play it yet (it will show as a new quest). That way, you can spread your work over the whole day, instead of playing all rounds in one go. But make sure you fulfill the quest and claim the reward before the strike of midnight !

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 22, 17 3:51 AM
I am afraid I have to run contrary to the multi-quest assertion means one can close down the game between quests and not lose the other quest. This game now makes my lap top over heat and the second day of the event the computer shut down and I did lose the second quest.

I don't think I have ever gotten a Christmas Ham on this event. The first year, if I remember correctly we just did not get it even if every quest was done. Had to wait weeks to get the gold bars too at the end of the event, that was fixed one way or another.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 22, 17 6:50 AM
Today is an easy day. No LIMITED collectibles.

Day 8. Friday 22 December 2017.

Our narrator for the first quest is Billy Scrooge.

Q. 12. Visit the Toy Restorer. (mini game 18b - The Ballerina and the Nutcracker)

Resources needed at the Toy Repair Shop, Dinhammer Alley are 18 hammers. The mini game dropped 2 Tomes of Naughty & Nice and 2 Winter Orb. Repeated the mini game with the same result. The mini game remains open during the Christmas Event.

I returned to the Christmas quest & accepted the reward. An ACHIEVEMENT BANNER popped up. Complete 12 Christmas special quests. I collected the reward of the Christmas Ran - Yuletide Ran the Owl.

The Christmas icon was still flashing so I went to the next quest. Our narrator for the next quest is James Anderson.

Q. 13. Accompany James to the Candy Shop.

I am at guru level at the Candy Shop, Shreveport, Louisiana. I was in Picky Shopper mode. There was Milk and Cookies on the reward bar. The collectible dropped. I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward.

Hope you are enjoying the Event - only 6 more days (after today) until it finishes.

Dot

Heads-Up for Day 9: There is 1 LIMITED collectible - Letters to Santa. It can be found in the Bar, Chicago, Illinois. Energy cost is 100 for each visit. Plus 2 further quests to decorate the Antique Shop (6,000 coins) & get the Snowflake Banderites for Breezy Bar (11,999 coins); Pawpaw Grove (13,499 coins) & Dinhammer Alley (18,999 coins). Total 50,497 coins. This cost is only for those players who have NOT done the Christmas Event before.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 22, 17 12:37 PM
Thank you aussie Dot for your narrative

I've played many (almost all) of the FTP games. This is my first time in ART. I started in the middle of Thanksgiving and missed out on being able to complete most of the holiday quests due to not having enough HOS opened, coins, etc.

I am fully able to take part in the Christmas event. With your narrative I'm able to complete at least 10 of each collection. Except the Jack Frost's Figurine Collection since I could only get enough tweezers to get two Jack's Pendant's.

Anyway... I'm enjoying the event and the game. Thanks to everyone who has posted information to help newbies like me avoid the pitfalls in the game (like the gloves) and how make the best of the events. I'm now at level 33 and because I held off doing quests I won't get caught off guard when I get the quest to get and use the gloves.

Just wanted to let you know that even though there are few posts in this forum (due to the ending of updates I presume) there are still people playing the game and reading the forums when new posts appear.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 23, 17 7:44 AM
There are 3 quests today. 1 LIMITED Collectible today plus lots of coins needed to start decorating.

Day 9. Saturday 23 December 2017.

For the first 2 quests our narrator is Billy Scrooge.

Q. 14. Find Letters to Santa for Mr Scrooge.

The Letters to Santa were found in the Bar, Chicago, Illinios.
I am at guru level here. There were 3 collectibles on the reward bar - Letters to Santa, Santa Scrap & Aurora Compass. I was in Fast Shopper mode initially. All 3 collectibles dropped. The game returned me to the Christmas quest box. I did not collect the reward. I used the "Next Quest" arrow to take me to the daily quest from which I exited using the "X". I then returned to the Bar repeatedly until I had 10 Letters to Santa. On 2 occasions the Letters to Santa did NOT drop so I ended up doing the HOS 12 times. The Santa Scrap did not drop 3 times while the Aurora Compass dropped each time. I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward.

The snowflake icon remained so I went to the next quest.

Q. 15. Get Christmas decorations for the Antique Shop.

I decorated the Antique Shop. As I did this quest last year, it was ticked as completed. For those who have not done the quest before, the cost is 6,000 coins. I collected the reward.

The snowflake icon remained so I went to the next quest.
The Ghost of Christmas is the narrator for this quest.

Q. 16.
- Get the Snowflake Banderitas for Breezy Bay.
- Get the Snowflake Banderitas for Pawpaw Grove.
- Get the Snowflake Banderitas for Dinhammer Alley

The cost for these decorations is Breezy Bay 11,999 coins; Pawpaw Grove 13,499 coins; Dinhammer Alley 18,999 coins. Total cost for Banderitas 44,497 coins. On returning to the Christmas quest box & collecting the reward, the snowflake icon disappeared. Questing was over for today.

I have shovelled snow 93 times. I will soon have the Eggnog for shovelling snow 100 times. How are you going?

Happy questing.

Dot

Heads-up: Tomorrow (Day 10) is about the story. No limited collectibles or decorating. However Day 11 is going to be another costly day - Snowman Statues for a total cost of 45,997 coins.

Edited on 12/23/2017 at 7:50:51 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 23, 17 7:55 AM
Thank you silver_hawk for posting your comments. It is good to know that this thread is helpful. I hope you enjoy the Event. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a Merry Christmas and may 2018 be a happy year for you.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 24, 17 6:41 AM
Today is an easy day. No Limited collectibles today.
Uncle Thomas Scrooge begins the narration and the Ghost of Christmas continues during the quest. Uncle Thomas Scrooge ends the dialogue.

Day 10. Sunday 24 December 2017.

Q. 17
- Run to the Bar.
- Run to the Junkyard.
- Run to the Secret Library.

I am guru level in all 3 locations. I just did the 3 HOS once. Tomorrow when I am not so tired, I will do the HOS more. As there are NO limited collectibles to get today, I can close down & return later.

At the Bar, Chicago, Illinios, I was in Fast Shopper mode. 2 collectibles were on the reward bar - The Santa Scrap & the Aurora Compass. Only the Santa Scrap dropped.

At the Junkyard, Columbia, Missouri, I was in Picture mode. 2 collectibles were on the reward bar - The Milk & Cookies and the Ghostly Trails of Santa. Both collectibles dropped.

At the Secret Library, Bellingham, Washington, I was in Silhouette mode. Only the Ghostly Trails of Santa was on the reward bar. The collectible dropped.

I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward. The snowflake icon disappeared. Questing was over for the day.

I have completed the shovelling snow task. Have you?

Only 5 more days (including today) in the Christmas Event. Now is a good time to start completing your collections. There is only 1 more Limited collectible to go - Elf Toolbox. So all collections except Elf Figurine collection can be done.

Have a good day!

Dot

Heads up for tomorrow (day 11): We will need to decorate with the Snowman statues. Cost 45,997 coins.

Edited on 12/25/2017 at 7:08:13 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 25, 17 7:07 AM
Hope everyone had a safe and Happy Christmas Day.

Today is an easy but costly questing day. Our narrator is the Ghost of Christmas.

Day 11. Monday 25 December 2017.

Q. 18.
- Get the Snowman statues for Breezy Bay.
- Get the Snowman statues for Pawpaw Grove.
- Get the Snowman statues for Dinhammer Alley.

The cost of the Snowman statue for Breezy Bay is 11,999 coins; for Pawpaw Grove is 14,999 coins; for Dinhammer Alley is 18,999 coins. Total cost is 45,997 coins. As I have done this task previously & I had decorated with the snowmen early in the Event, all 3 tasks for today were ticked.

I returned to the Christmas quest box and collected the reward. The snowflake icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

There is only 4 days (including today) left in the Christmas Event.

Enjoy your day.

Dot

Heads-up: Tomorrow (day 12) is about the story - an easy day. Day 13 is the last LIMITED collectible - the Elf Toolbox. It will be found in Nevada. The energy cost is 45 per go at the HOS.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 26, 17 6:22 AM
Today is about the storyline. Our narrator is the Ghost of Christmas.

There are 2 quests today.

Day 12. Tuesday 26 December 2017.

Q. 19. Meet the Ghost at the Bar.

I am at guru level for the Bar, Chicago, Illinios. I was in Picture mode. There are 2 collectibles on the reward bar - Santa Scrap & Aurora Compass. Both collectibles dropped when I did the HOS.

I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward. The snowflake icon remained so I went to the next quest.

Q. 20. Meet the Ghost at the Junkyard.

I am at guru level in the Junkyard, Columbia, Missouri. I was in Silhouette mode. There are 2 collectibles on the reward bar - Ghostly Trails of Santa & Milk and Cookies. Both collectibles dropped when I did the HOS.

I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward. The snowflake icon disappeared. Questing was finished. Both quests were simple & easy.

3 more days (including today) left in the Christmas Event.

How are you going with your collections?

Dot

Heads-up for Day 13: Tomorrow has 3 quests. One quest is the last LIMITED Collectible - the Elf Toolbox. It will be found in the Red Mine, Nevada. It will cost 45 energy for each visit. Another quest is for a donation of 2,000 coins so have your money ready.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 26, 17 6:32 AM
aussie_Dot wrote:

3 more days (including today) left in the Christmas Event.

How are you going with your collections?

Because of my low level and lack of tweezers I'll only get 2 of Jack Frost's Figurine. After tomorrow and get 10 Elf Toolboxes I'll have 10 each of the other three Christmas collections .

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 27, 17 7:08 AM
Well done silver_hawk!

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 27, 17 7:18 AM
Only 2 days (including today) are left in the Christmas Event. 1 LIMITED collectible today - Elf Toolbox.

Uncle Thomas Scrooge is a reformed man. He is the narrator for the quests today.

Day 13. Wednesday 27 December 2017.

Q. 21. Find the Elf Toolbox

I found the Elf Toolbox at the Red Mine, Elko, Nevada. .I am at guru level here. I was in Picture mode initially. There were 3 collectibles on the reward bar - Elf Toolbox; Winter Orb & Caged Winds of Ice. All 3 collectibles dropped when I did the HOS. The game returned me to the Christmas quest box. I did not collect the reward. Instead I exited the quest box using the arrow on the "Next Quest" button. I was taken to the daily quest. I exited from there using the "X" in the upper right-hand corner. Once I was back in Breezy Bay, I kept entering the Red Mine until I had 10 Elf Toolboxes. I had to do 1 extra HOS as the Elf Toolbox did NOT fall on 1 occasion. The Winter Orb did NOT fall on 3 occasions while the Caged Winds of Ice did NOT drop 4 times. The drop rate was not good this time.

I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward. The snowflake remained so I went to the next quest.

Q 22. Find the Ghost in Christmas Alley.

I am a guru level here and I was in Picky Shopper mode. There were 3 collectibles on the reward bar - Caged Winds of Ice; Santa's Shaving Kit & Ghostly Trails of Santa. All 3 collectibles dropped. This was an easy quest.

Please Note: According to my notes, in 2016, quest 21 & quest 22 were in the reverse order. It did not affected the quest outcome. However the dialogue in the quest box did not fully match up with the quests. So be prepared. Your game may play in the 2016 sequence. Either way the quests are workable.

I returned to the Christmas quest box & collected the reward. The snowflake remained so I proceeded to the next quest.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 27, 17 7:25 AM
continuing Day 13...............

Q. 23. Donate 2,000 coins for the orphans.

As I had already paid this amount last Event, this quest was already ticked (as done) by the time I finished reading the quest. I simply collected the reward. The snowflake disappeared. Questing was over for today.

Only one more quest to go! Hope you are finishing off all your collections.

Dot

Heads-up for Day 14: For all newcomers tomorrow is COSTLY. It will cost 8,000 coins for angel hair pesto from the Store plus 21,999 coins for the Christmas Tree in Breezy Bay. Total cost 29,999 coins.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 28, 17 6:41 AM
LAST DAY of the Christmas Event for 2017. At midnight the special collectibles will disappear from the reward bars in the different HOS & it will be over.

Billy & Uncle Thomas Scrooge share the narration as our story comes to an end.

Day 14. Thursday 28 December 2017.

Q. 24.
- Find Billy at the Christmas Alley.
- Buy an angel hair pesto for Thomas and Billy Scrooge.
- Put up the Christmas Tree in Breezy Bay

As I had an angel hair pesto sitting in my inventory, that part of the quest was ticked (as completed).
I had also put the Christmas Tree up near the beginning of the Event. So it was ticked as completed.
That left the visit to Christmas Alley. I was in silhouette mode and at guru level. On the reward bar were 3 collectibles. All 3 collectibles dropped when I did the HOS. I returned to the Christmas quest box and collected the reward. The icon disappeared. The questing was over.

An ACHIEVEMENT BANNER popped up. "Complete 24 Christmas special quests." I collected the reward of a Christmas Ham.

My Event Quest Progress is 24/24.
My Achievements are all TICKED (as completed).

The timer gives me just under 24 hours to complete any tasks I have outstanding. However I have completed the 10 collections of the Santa Doll; Jack Frost's Figurine: Elf Figurine that I aimed for this Event. I have completed the 5 collections of the Aurora Se*tant collection (due to only being able to get 5 Klaus' Diary on that particular Limited Collectible day). I am now finished the 2017 Christmas Event. Hope you all have been as successful in gaining the collections & completing the Event as I have.

Until next Event, take care.

Dot

PS: Happy New Year to everyone. Have a safe and enjoyable time if you are celebrating. May 2018 be a happy, safe and prosperous year for you all!

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 6:42:56 AM PST

GoodOldBob
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldBob on Dec 28, 17 12:40 PM
Happy New Year to you Aussie_Dot and thanks again for posting the daily events..

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 28, 17 8:53 PM
Don't forget to collect four collection reward for the extra 40 gold. There is no quest for it.

GoodOldBob
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldBob on Apr 30, 18 9:07 AM
Bumped

Go to: